Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Can not log in

Started by LoriLee, September 04, 2015, 05:15:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoriLee

I have never posted on here before so I hope I am in the right place to get help. This morning when I tried to log in a large patch came threw which I thought was odd. Anyhow now after I hit the UOS a screen comes up and says I do not have enough memory to continue execution? I have looked at my virtual memory and did all I know to get it to work? I can go online and do everything else and no problems. I have never had this issue with UO before. If anyone can help please reply. Thanks

GM NollKoll

its a strange bug with uosteam, my bet is that it doesnt "talk" to windows itself to allocate memory to it.
Once i could have another game running, skype, music via internet, flash open on internet etc etc.. lotsa stuff going on, and np.. Then i could just have skype window open and it said that.

But...
Try just close some windows you can turn off without an issue, and try again, if that doesnt work, shut down some programs like skype which can be easily turned on afterwards.. Myself never had an issue that i needed to reboot or something, usually worked after shutting down my browser and just minimized skype.
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

LoriLee

I have nothing open. I do not even have skype. I logged on to another UO free shard with no problem using razor????? I do not ever play that shard but I had no problem with it. I am not having any problems anywhere else online just Pandora  :'(

King Kong

Lori I had the exact same problem the other day. Are you talking about Virtual Memory?

You can raise it.
Which Windows version do you have? Simply Google "Increase Virtual Memory on Windows (whatever you have here)"

Or I have no problem doing a search for you also if you're having trouble.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

LoriLee

I did that already but will check again. Just crazy this just started all this morning. I was not having a problem before.Whatever patch came threw that I had no control over really threw it off.

LoriLee

Just tried again resetting my XP to 6144 and shut everything I could shut down from running on my computer and still getting the box that says I do not have enough memory ??? This is a first for me. I can run UO on a different free shard using razor no problem. Its weird. All my plants are going to wilt :(

Falada

Sometimes a simple PC reboot (or two or three^^) help with that problem. I get that too sometimes and usually closing other stuff or just rebooting my PC helps.
greets Fala

LoriLee

Thanks for all your help. I have rebooted a number of times today. And shut down every thing that I could still getting the message. It all started after that huge patch that came threw that OSI must have done that had nothing to do with the Pandora shard. So just in case that is the problem everyone should be aware that this might be the issue here???? I may have hit the UO start up first and not the UOS which let that patch come threw. So I still can not log on.

blackmyst

u can always have someone send u the client exe they are using u can delete yours add this one and may work fine I know I did that with miki she updated and they did not have a new easy uo out yet so I sent her my client and it put it back for her

GM NollKoll

how to change virtual memory in win7
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clbMLs9YFXY
Could advise to use his initial size, but have 5120 as maximum size.

for win8:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP4T6QEIzVs

for win10:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkHjRKFUnNc

All depends on your hdd size.. do you have spare room? Virtual memory kinda works like RAM, but takes hdd space, to make a "virtual" memory. If you got ALOT of room, heck, do 5120-8192 (initial, max).
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

LoriLee

I have changed the Virtual Memory and I also did a scan disk.Unistalled UO and Steam and reinstalled them again I have been working on this issue for over 24 hours and still keep getting a low memory message when I start steam. I am not low on memory or disk space far from it. As I stated I seem to have no problem playing UO using razor on another free shard. I also have The Sims 2 all exp packs and the Sims 3 I have no problem playing those and they are ram hogs. With that said I do not think at this point it is a problem on my end. Again this all started with a rather large patch that OSI did on Aug. 29 I think it said. and I hit the UO icon first by accident before steam and that I do think is the problem. So there ya go. I have a headache trying to figure this all out. It has been a joy playing Pandora I will miss it. But until things get fixed I am out  >:(

King Kong

Lori,

Vorspire is working on a Virtual Memory patch for Pandora. He has it completed, but we are still running tests with it.. We have a patch coming in soon to work out the new stuff (and add things) from the newest client.

I hope you stay patient and give us time to address this, I promise it is a full priority. Thank you.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

LoriLee

Thanks so much. I am able to log in using Razor???? Not as good as UOS but for now will have to do.  :)

Larue

I get this virtual memory error often.  I usually CTRL+ALT+DEL and find the process using the most memory that is internet related (like skype, dropbox, etc)  and close that along with all my browser windows.  That usually allows me to start UO.

The funny part is once you have a single UO instance open, you can open all that stuff back up and it doesn't do the memory check anymore.  You can open as many instances of UO as you want without another error as long as you get one to open.  I usually just leave the program open so I can log back in without trouble.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman