Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Rune Imbuing

Started by King Kong, March 22, 2010, 11:09:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Introducing to Pandora... Rune Imbuing 03/23/2010

This system enables scribes to craft many different runes, each one having a different effect when inscribed to weapons, armor, clothing or jewelry.

inscription is required for crafting the runa and adding it to the equipment.

The scribe requires a Rune Chisel as the crafting tool and a blank rune in addition to casting reagents.

Rune Imbuing can add all kind of modifications to your gear, there is no limit on how many modifications your weapon can have, but do keep in mind like with any enhancing, there is a chance of it breaking, on the 1st attempt and any attempt after that.

How it works is there is a small chance of mining something called a Rough Stone
(note* You are allowed to macro mining afk, if you run into the bug where it's saying target cannot be seen on the mine floor use relative location in razor or mine the side of mountains)

Once you have a Rough Stone You find a vendor in the magic shop called the Rune Imbuing Crafter to buy a Rune Chisel. To use the chisel you must be at least 100.00 Magery & the higher Inscription the better chance to use succeed.

Once you open the Chisel Hammer gump you will see you can make a Blank Rune from the Rough Stone.

1 Rough Stone = 1 Blank Rune.

You can then use the blank rune to craft any of the modification runes to try and use on your weapon, you will see a full list of them. All of them have the same chance of success / fail.. The following is a list of what each rune will do for your weapon if you succeed.

Syllable & Effect

Aglo                Durability Bonus
Ahm               Spell channeling
An                   Hit dispel
Arma Use best  weapon skill
Bal                Hit leech Stam          
Beh                  Regen stam        
Bet                 Hit magic arrow
Cah              Mage armor / weapon
Char                   Hit lower defence
Corp                     Inc.spell damage  
Del                       Resist cold  
Des               Hit lower attack    
Dium     Resist physical bonus    
Ex                   Bonus stam            
Flam                    Resist fire    
Flamus            Hit Fire Area    
Frio                  Hit cold area            
Furis                  Hit energy area    
Gra                 Hit leech hits          
Grav                  Hit physical area  
Hur                   Resist energy      
In                        Luck            
Jux                     Hit harm      
Kal                     Hit fireball                
Lor                      Night Sight                
Lum         Lower stat requirments          
Malas         Hit poison area        
Mani                      Bonus hits                
Mu                      Regen hits                
Nox                    Resist posion bonus        
Om                      Regen mana    
Ort                     Bonus mana        
Pas                  Lower mana cost        
Por                    Bonus dex              
Quas         Hit leech mana        
Ra                   Defend chance        
Rel                   Self repair              
Sanct        Reflect physical  
Sar             Inc. weapon damage      
Summ         Cast recovery              
Tym               Inc. weapon speed        
Um                 Cast speed            
Uus                Attack chance          
Vas                Bonus str              
Wis               bonus int    
Xen              hit lightning          
Ylem      Lower reg cost            
Zu            Enhance potions              

Once you crafted your specific rune, double click it and target your item. Remember there is a chance of fail even on the double clicking of your runic, with also the chance of fail once you click your item, and the item being lost. If success a random amount will be added to your item from the Runic you chose to try and Imbue on. There is no limit of how many Imbuing one item can take.

Side note -  Added Rough Stone Packs on Donation store along with Valorite Runic Hammer & Barbed Sewing Kit.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

HaLL

Konstantine I get the Rough Stone, I'm not getting mine???

King Kong

You have to Mine them up in the ground, using the skill mining.

kegurrondo

i would just like to say that i think this system needs a little refining...  I have a miner macroing a lot and i get very few of these rough stones.  Also, i have a gm scribe/mage to use the rough stones.  Of the very few stones i do get, i break over half of them before i even get a chance to add them to anything.  The failure rate of making the runes seems to be high, and on top of that when you try and use the runes i seem to break 3/4 of them attempting to double click them to add to armor.  After breaking so many and i actually get to use one... i get somthing like 11 LRC... i mean really? 11? come on, at least give me somthing useful like 15...  

I just think with the way the system is, somthing needs to be changed... whether it be the chance of getting the rough stones, the failure rate, or the ridiculously low results once you actually add an attribute to an item...

King Kong

Weather you like it or not.. If this is to easy, then you have a lot of OP weapons.. They should be very rare, and they should break a lot. It's a chance to take. But also in the same breath if you succeed then you might have a awesome weapon that you just added spell channeling too -- then lighting.. etc...

Please look at it as a big picture, whats best for long term of shard rather than your own self interest. -- It can be done, people do it all the time. If it was easy I wouldn't even bother having it.

Balance!!

GEMAN104

What affects our % chance on this? Like what skills should we have higher to increase our success rate?

Helga

I think it is magery and inscription that influence the success, correct me if I'm wrong.

Aaliah

Do we have Ahm rune? i don't see it in the crafting menu  :cry:
[e scream

Helga

It was recently removed, check the announcements portion of the forums. I could have read it wrong but I think it was removed with the faster casting rune and faster cast recovery rune.

Aaliah

Oh i probably missed that one...thanks  ;)
[e scream

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]