Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Reasons To Join a Great Guild

Started by Miki McNaughty, November 25, 2012, 06:26:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miki McNaughty

I have been on Pandora for 120 days now, doing ok, loving the shard.  But,  I never truly felt connected. Yesterday I was approached by Nigel Horns, Guild Leader of SOP, Seekers of Peace. He said to me "We want you in our guild." Needless to say I was completely suprised and honestly flattered. You immediately begin to make friends, get the advice you've been craving or the answer to a question that no one will answer because the answer is hush hush. The sense of belonging makes being here ever more fun, anticipating Guild hunts and seeing places you feared to go because you know you won't survive it alone. Realizing you're a better player than you thought because now the guild is there too. My advice to you guildless people, don't be afraid to approach someone in a guild, you might just find your home. Thanks so much Nigel to you and your guild for making my first day something I won't soon forget.
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

Horns Nigel

Hails Miki, we are very happy to have you, you will make a great addition to SoP, Looking forward to the future, its going to be better then ever here.....
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

jest

Horns Nigel

Miki, TY for all the new people you have brought us, you are a fine additon to the guild, I cant tell you how much I appreciate it....Nigel

blindead

To be very honest i wouldn't be where i am-in terms of skills and gears-without joining a guild. I was also approached by Nigel (ran into him on an empty street of moonglow) and I don't ever regret joining his guild. We share wealth, advice and help all the time and try to help each other. It's great being in a guild. You may think that you have nothing to contribute to the guild, but that's not true. Your voice--or even your presence itself--really helps and motivates other guildmates. I was too afraid to ask any guild to let me join. Now I know that I was wrong. being in a guild is purely. FUN.

Don't know something and are itching to ask? ask away, there might be someone who already knows the answer. If there is no answer, we can try to discover an answer, together. Can't find an item that you seek? Even the greediest hoarder may open up his coffers only if you ask.

Join a guild. Discover new things, try new things that you couldn't before. It's okay to be shy, but this is a game... and if you aren't getting the best fun out of playing a game, that I may dare say is a true waste of time. Come, let's enjoy Pandora.

Dwarvey

Although I am not in SoP I see alot of things in these posts that ring VERY true. I also ran alone for a lot of my early days on Pandora. Since joining Soul I have something to work for and people to work with.

I have the utmost respect for Nigel and SoP as they are basically doing the same thing we do in Soul. I can't even begin to imagine not doing Mini's with clean and the others to get the mats for a new person's gear, or even workin on my own without Soul's support along the way.

It truely makes the game more fun having like minded friends in the game.

Saturn

Blindead is right. I like helping new players, but tend to limit what i can give to them as far as powerscrolls and mats. But with guildies, i open my doors and do as much as i can, cause ultimately, we are olny as strong as are weakest player. So helping out guildies will always pay off in the long run, in terms of doing champs or whatever.
Also, without guilds i tend to lose motivation pretty quickly and never get anything done.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Horns Nigel

Agreed, In all my 15 years of UO I have always participated in a guild, although this is my first attempt at running one...

The other great thing thats happened on this shard due to its size is that I have stayed friends with alot of ex guild members, Kitti, lightning and Saturn to mention a few and I try to keep in contact with all of them as much as possible..

I feel this shard values its guilds more then anyone shard I have ever been on and thats a BIG plus for all of us, I cant see myself ever playing UO without being in a guild...

TheGrimReaper

Quote from: Horns Nigel on November 28, 2012, 12:37:41 PM
Agreed, In all my 15 years of UO I have always participated in a guild, although this is my first attempt at running one...

The other great thing thats happened on this shard due to its size is that I have stayed friends with alot of ex guild members, Kitti, lightning and Saturn to mention a few and I try to keep in contact with all of them as much as possible..

I feel this shard values its guilds more then anyone shard I have ever been on and thats a BIG plus for all of us, I cant see myself ever playing UO without being in a guild...
Just a reply on Lightning, soo about the time when was the half sale i saw Lightning and Scrati, they were talking something about coming back when the patch is done or something. But for now haven't heard a whisper from them so was thinking if you have any ideas if Lightning is coming? He would have now good time practicing PvP again as it's veerrryyy slooowwwllyyyy growing hehe :) PS. Which PvP zone champs are most likely full of players? *Cough* :P

Horns Nigel

True, Lightning has been missing in action for awhile, Im going to try getting a hold of him Grim, I will contact you if i find him...

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111