Targeting Macro turning me Grey

Started by Miki McNaughty, January 03, 2014, 12:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miki McNaughty

Exec: Target Closest Grey
Exec: Attack Last Target
Exec: Cancel Current Target
Exec: Set Secondary Ability (AOS)

I am always grey when i use the macro and a champ and so is my pet maybe you can help me figure out why  Thanks
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

BizKits

I'm not sure exactly what it is but I don't believe it is a pandora issue as much as it is a razor/steam issue with targetting.

We've asked staff to look into this over several months, and i've been watching it very closely to try and pinpoint what is causing it.

Here are my observations, maybe people can chime in and say whether they have seen the same, or even differently.

Number one, it seems to occur only to people who are guilded.  This does not seem to be an issue with people who run solo or independent.

The reason I believe it to be in targetting system is that I noticed during the Thanksgiving event that while running this macro If I tried to heal a friend's pet it would attack me. However it would only attack me if we were not in active combat. I could heal it while we were fighting, but if I tried to heal it up after the mob was dead, then it caused it to come after me. This led us to believe there was something wrong with pets, and we called Noll to come observe it.

Then what I did was stop my macro BEFORE I heal the pet. This led to the pet not attacking me.

Now...how do we explain what is happening during a champ spawn, as opposed to an event or single monster?

Well, the macro is constantly looking for a new monster to fight. So if by chance you heal your pet in the moment after you have killed a monster, but before you have actually targetted the new one, you are in the same situation as I described earlier in event scenario. The thing is it is happening so fast that you don't see it.  All you see is that you have gone grey, and suddenly your pet is all over you.

This is the conclusion I came to because my pet never goes grey while fighting say..Stygian Dragon which doesn't spawn extra mobs while fighting it, but it does happen quite often at the Abyssal, who is constantly spawning elementals.

I know what you're thinking....Bizkits, you're a freaking genius.  I know I know...it's not fair that I got the looks and the brains.

Anyway that's what Ive noticed, hope the info helps, and in the meantime setup a stop macro key so you can shut the macro down momentarily while you bandage pet if you wanna make sure it doesn't pound on your face. It's what I do, and I haven't had a problem ever since.

Miki McNaughty

What you are saying has happened.  What I have been doing for awhile is not using my pet until the Champion is out, my macro is off and I am out of war mode. Then I spawn the bad bird and give the kill command, and I don't turn the macro back on.  I go grey when it's just myself which is no big deal because there isn't a guildmate or a party member around to accidentally abuse lol. I worry when others are around that I will end up with a red coin in my pack oln accident. I have 2 today so far!!
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

BizKits

Youre not by yourself with your pet.....because your pet is a guildmate.

;)

That's why I said it happens to guilded players.

Thatperson

this is mine (razor) has always worked perfectly looks right through blues and greens, my pets are considered guildmates to me.
are you just letting your pet roam free or keeping on top of healing? does it occur when you heal? because then it could simply be overlapping macros where it targeting your pet to heal just before it attacks last target.
I have clear target queue on mine just on the end to delete any targets but you can have it on the start too so it clears targets before it attacks.. worth a shot :)

Miki McNaughty

Thanks for sharing your macro I will try it

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman