Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Someones 'Bad Luck'

Started by Miki McNaughty, October 29, 2015, 01:01:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miki McNaughty

Is it possible for a player's in game 'Bad Luck' to be soooo bad that, for example, you do over 30 Peerless Infested Boss in a four or five day period without even a kiss goodbye or a wave at the gate afterward?  I do know the reward is in the effort, but everyone needs an "atta boy" once in awhile to help keep their "drive alive". When you just know its going to be the next boss, ok well the next, or the next, your determination kicks in. Mine does and I'm all effort. It's not supposed to be easy or quick to come, but what does it take? Maybe I am injecting the wrong body part (lol) ?  Other than, I would just like to know if this is normal? (those were not my first infested bosses, champions etc)  If it is, so be it. I will persist for awhile, but eventually 'it' will become less than important. I am not whining. I personally am becoming BORED. Show me something! Make me believe it is worth my days and hours of effort or at least, maybe a friendly wave at the gate.

Miki
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

King Kong

Hehe. Part of the game, and you know deep down you like it.  ;D

But just sounds like your number hasn't been called. -- I remember when I was a play (before Pandora was born), I'd spend months in Doom or wherever else with barley anything, then some guy walks in his first hour and lands the item. -- That's just how UO is.

The loot works, the math is solid, it just hasn't favored you yet.

*friendly wave from the message board*

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Miki McNaughty

Your right. I spent years in Doom on Great Lakes and never had it happen for me. My Gauntlet running buddy was dropped the Hat of the Magi within a few weeks. The competition was always against 100's of players or more in the same room at the same time, and if you died no one would help you. They didn't want to ruin their chance at "the" drop.  But, it never stopped me from trying or dying.
Boy when you are right you're right.
Those were the days.

Thanks for the Memories!

Miki
When Death comes for you, you shouldn't show up with perfect bones and ripped abs, instead, you should slide in sideways with a chocolate bar in one hand, a glass of wine in the other, screaming "Holy Shit what a RIDE!"

Black Magick

On one hand, its like Kon said about thats how uo is with loot. On the other hand, there should be a higher drop rate on tougher monsters to account for the random intensities IMO.
My luck is usually like that, kinda nice to know im not alone lol

GM NollKoll

You need to pray to RNGesus :-P
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman