Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 5 Final: July 29th 2010

Started by Gizmo, July 29, 2010, 09:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

Hey its been another week gone by and many things to change and be fixed. Due to scheduling between me and Konstantine. We are a little late on our update this week. Konstantine was traveling across the states, and I had some real life things myself. Anyways, thank you for your patience. Lets get to the good stuff shall we.

Systems
  -- Unraveling Items must be done at the soulforge in Termur Royal City.
  -- Creating of Runes must be done at the soulforge in Termur Royal City.
  -- Players will be able to attain Royal City Loyality (higher loyality means access to various quests), Rank 1 is between 0-1000, Rank 2 is between 1001-3000 and Rank 3 is 3000+
  -- Set Items can now be unraveled as intended.
  -- Enhanced magical items now give imbuing skill gains between 50-80
  -- Imbuing Menu now offers easier skill gains with some of the runes, check it out.
  -- Tailoring Craft Menu: Misc section, the gargoyle items where in wrong location. They have been moved down the list.

ITEMS
  -- Repair deeds should be more user friendly.
  -- Slither artifact is now properly named.
  -- Ancient Pottery Fragments can drop as loot in TerMur
  -- Untranslated Ancient Tome can drop as loot in TerMur
  -- Tattered Remnants Of An AncientScroll can drop as loot in TerMur
  -- Abyssal Blade now has its 50% Hit Mana Drain property, all old versions are fixed.
  -- Fallen Mystic's Spellbook artifact is now properly named.
  -- The color for TerMur runes in your runebook will no longer be black text.
  -- BloodDrinker has been fixed. Wasnt dealing damage to target.
  -- Elixers of Conversion: Change upto 500 Iron Ingots to another Ingot Type (valorite, Gold, etc) 1 time use.
  -- Ore you get from mining: These no longer come in small ore types. Its really annoying for just about anybody who mines. Granted it was sorta like offical servers, but was implimented wrong.
  -- Resource Box: Now allows you to pick an amount in which to extract 1,10,100,1000,10000. Remember if its more then you can carry, it will hit the ground.

NPCS
  -- Now verified 100% lol, shimmering hiryus deals 15% of its damage to players, and 1% of its damage to its owner.
  -- Pandorian Dinosaur deals 15% of its damage to players, and 1% of its damage to its owner.

PVP
  -- Wouldst thou flee through a moongate during the heat of battle??
  -- Wouldst thou flee through a teleporter during the heat of battle??
  -- Daily PvP System put in for testing.

QUESTS
  -- Magical Potency: Requires 3000 Royal City Loyality. Trade in Enchanted Essence for a Relic Fragment.
  -- Starting the Craft: Requires 1000 Royal City Loyality. Trade in Magical Residue for Enchanted Essence.
  -- A Broken Vase: Collect 10 Ancient Pottery Fragments.
  -- Putting The Pieces Together: Collect 5 Tattered Remnants of an Ancient Scroll.
  -- Ye Olde Gargish: Collect 1 Untranslated Ancient Tome.
  -- Metal Head: Collect 1 Iron Beetle Scale, Get a random Elixer of Conversion.

QUEST NPC
  -- Axem, located in Royal City: Offers quests; A Broken Vase, Putting The Pieces Together, Ye Olde Gargish.
  -- Jharz, located in the Royal City: offers quests: Magical Potency and Starting The Craft.
  -- Thepem, located in the Royal City: offers quest: Metal Head

COMMANDS
  -- [DailyTopTen will display the top 10 ranked players in the Daily PvP Tournament

Kontact

how does one check their ter mur loyalty points?

Jar Jar

Awesome update guys!

Quick question, how many pvpevents will be held perday? Just hoping i wont miss them all due to time difference. Id hate to have to get up at 3am everyday :)

Belegerandh

I don't see the part under 'PVP' where stealth was skrewed for the PVM'ers.

King Lorcain

Whats happened to the stealth skill? Its virtually useless

DarkShade

Ok I didn't really feel like complaining before since you're doing an AWESOME job with the server and I do my best to help you do so (As in reporting the token stone bug :P)

BUT now, I'm really pissed off. We already spoke about the difficulty to be a thief on the server in another post earlier. With that change to stealth, you just killed the profession. Stealth was the only skill which could give stealing a purpose, either as a way to easily sneak up our targets or to evade them, now we can sneak our target if they are REALLY close and that for some reason you happened to see them without them seeing you (Can't really scan areas stealthed for targets anymore), and evasion is just impossible, since you have to remain hidden at the same spot for 10 seconds before stealthing your way out.

Stealth was perfect the way it was. It can be like OSI on OSI servers because only these with 100 magery can reveal hidden targets with 100 hiding, but there is no cap here, so I really think it should come back to what it was or it should be modified some other way

DarkShade

Possible solution 1: If you really want to keep stealth like this, create hiding PS and make it so only people with magery equal or higher to the target hiding skill can reveal them

Possible problem: Potentially high risks of magery PS inflation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible solution 2: Reduce the delay before you can use another skill after hiding, so you can stealth earlier

Possible problem: Possible ninjutsu exploits which should have to be covered up

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Possible solution 3: Turn it back to what it was

Possible problem: Well I don't really know why it was a problem, the only thing I didn't like about the previous stealth was the ability to hide, stealth, invis, stealth and so on, but if that was exactly the problem, just make it so only hiding allow stealthing

Ok before giving out any other possible solution, could I know what you didn't like about the previous system exactly please?

King Lorcain

I'd settle for solution 3: Turn it back to what it was.

I know you guys put alot of hard work into the shard but changing stealth like that isnt good and looking at the previous posts Im not the only one who thinks this. :|

Martin Looter

+1

stealth should be how it was before

pskarren

umm stealth isnt used on osi due to skill cap....... were lucky we have it at all. adapt change get used to it... it hurts pvp and pvm.

King Lorcain

Sorry I didnt realise Kon and Gizmo were making a mirror image of the OSI servers.

How can it hurt pvm or pvp? Theres a counter skill called detect hidden if it bothers you that much. And dont tell everyone to adapt and get used to it- one of the reasons the forums were created was to share opinions about the shard not read nonsense like that.

Mavrick

I used stealth when playing on the official servers. And I knew a few treasure hunters that used it frequently esp with Ninjitsu

Uradyn

the stealth that was before the bug was the BEST one, and i played it on other shards, its most player friendly

players should auto-stealth when walking in hiding just like it was, the bug was just that they couldnt fail at it, dunno why staff tinkered with it to begin with

i really hope it will be brought back to the way it used to be, cuz now its useless

Belegerandh

It doesn't hurt anything. Tracking is your solution so use it.

Dleatherus

yup, for me personally the new stealth system stinks and i'd like to see it turned back

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman