Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 7 Final: August 10th 2010

Started by Gizmo, August 09, 2010, 11:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gizmo

Hello there again Pandorians, it has been yet another long week in the development box konstantine threw me into. The major focus on the next few updates as stated in other publish notes and updates. We where to focus on gargoyle related issues. Some issues need to be explained so others understand why we did the things we did. With that said, here we go...

Gargoyle Talons
Talons will be deleted off the server prior to the update. Do not worry they are worthless at the moment. Gargoyles equipment wise only have the basic 8 slots for equipment that drops with item properties. While Human and Elves have 9. So we decided to make it so Talons can drop as loot and carry item properties to put them up even with Human and Elves. You will also be able to craft a plate version from blacksmithing, and a leather version from tailoring. This is so you can use runic tools like anybody else to complete your suits of armor.

Stone Crafting (Masonry)
Masonry has had a few updates to it so players can repair and craft there stone based items, such as armor, shields and weapons. You will also be able to repair and enhance stone items too.

Stone Runic Tools
These have been added in because players may want to create runic items with the stone crafting menu. You can attain them from the Carpentry quests in Heartwood. It is a 1 in 100 chance you will receive one as a quest reward. Happy Crafting...

Wearable Items vs Drop Locations
When you take into consideration that Gargoyles have a shared loot system with human and elves in Ter Mur. It does not seem fair that gargoyles only get 1 landmass, while humans and elves get 5 land masses to get random item drops from. With that stated, only gargoyle items will drop in Ter Mur (meaning normal loot on corpses) The Human/Elf artifacts will stop drop on peerless and renowned boss corpses. We have also adjusted the intensity rating for Ter Mur accordingly.

SYSTEMS
 -- Champion spawned creatures will auto delete their corpse once you kill them.
 -- When the Champion spawns, all monsters left over will be removed. Leaving less garbage around between spawns.
 -- When champion spawns shut off, they will remove any creature left from the spawn system.

ITEM PROPERTIES
 -- Fixed a glitch in Damage Eater, where it was not resolving the damage, resulting in no hitpoint gain.
 -- Mage Weapon property is recognized by unraveling and will count as a property on the item.

ITEMS
 -- Dragon Jade Earrings where to be gargoyle only and have the proper item ID. This has been corrected on new and all legacy versions.
 -- You will now be able to make gargoyle stone repair deeds.
 -- Talons have been modified as a item gargoyles can use to even out the equipable differences between human/elf and gargoyles.
 -- Leather Talons have been deleted and upgraded to being a part of armor for gargoyles.
 -- Plate Talons have been deleted and upgraded to being a part of armor for gargoyles.
 -- Can obtain Lucky Coins in the Underworld as a rare drop.
 -- Can obtain Shoes of Providence as a Lucky Coin Reward.
 -- Can obtain Relic Fragment as a Lucky Coin Reward.
 -- Can obtain Enchanted Essence as a Lucky Coin Reward.
 -- Trophy addons can be placed in homes now.
 -- Runic Mallet & Chisels added into the game. They range from Dull Copper to Valorite in quality. They can be attained by doing the Carpentry quests in heartwood. Enjoy.

CHARACTER CREATION
 -- fixed the issue with stat configuration when making a new char.

LOOT GENERATION
 -- Earrings and Necklaces have been added to the jewelry generation (human/elf).
 -- Only standard gargoyle items will drop in Ter Mur from now on.
 -- Leather Talons drop as loot now with properties.
 -- Plate Talons drop as loot now with properties.
 -- Drop rates in Ancient Pottery Fragments has been increased.
 -- Drop rates in Tattered Remnants of an ancient scroll has been increased.
 -- Drop rates in Untranslated Ancient Tome has been increased.
 -- Acid Slugs now drop Acid Sacs.
 -- Lowland Boura drops Boura Pelts less often.
 -- Ruddy Boura drops Boura Pelts less often.
 -- High Plains Boura drops Boura Pelts less often.
 -- Fairy Dragons now drop Fairy Dragon Wings.
 -- Leather Wolfs now drop Leather Wolf Skin.
 -- Stygain Dragon now drops his head as loot.
 -- Gargish Plate Wing Armor now drops as loot.
 -- Gargish Stone Wing Armor now drops as loot.

NPC
 -- Coin Mobs have been updated to fix issues with damage types.
 -- Coin Mob Elder Wyrm dragon spawn has been fixed so its not retardly overpowered.
 -- Reds can their heal pets without going criminal.

CRAFTING
 -- You will now be able to craft plate talons from the blacksmithing craft menu.
 -- You will now be able to craft leather talons from the tailoring craft menu.
 -- You will now be able to craft stone gargoyle items from the Masonry craft menu.
 -- You will now be able to repair stone gargoyle items from the Masonry craft menu.
 -- You will now be able to enhance stone gargoyle items from the Masonry craft menu.
 -- You will now be able to craft gargoyle leather wing armor from the tailoring craft menu.
 -- You will now be able to craft gargoyle plate wing armor from the blacksmith craft menu.
 -- You will now be able to craft gargoyle stone wing armor from the Masonry craft menu.
 -- You will now be able to craft Large Stone Shield from the Masonry craft menu.
 -- You will now be able to craft Serpent Stone Staff from the Masonry craft menu.
 -- You will now be able to craft Stone War Sword from the Masonry craft menu.
 -- fixed issue with not being able to craft gargish large plate shield for blacksmithing.
 -- fixed issue with not being able to craft gargish medium plate shield for blacksmithing.
 -- fixed issue with not being able to craft gargish small plate shield for blacksmithing.
 -- Gargoyle leather is now a little easier to craft.
 -- Gargoyle plate is now a little easier to craft.
 -- Removed Gargoyle Tail craftable items from the tailor menu (until i find correct item values)

SPELLS
 -- Wither will not effect your pet anymore if your a muderer.

DUNGEONS
 -- Fixed a exploit in the new player dungeon.
 -- Updated spawns in Ankh Dungeon (Ilshenar)
 -- Updated spanws in Wisp Dungeon (Ilshenar)
 -- Updated a few spots in the Ilshenar land mass spawning.

FACTIONS
 -- Reds who are in factions use to show red instead of the faction enemy color. This has been corrected and they will display Faction color in felucca.

SKILLS
 -- Using the hide skill now activates stealth for you if your stealth skill is greather then 25.
 -- After walking your maximum stealth steps, you must reactivate stealth again. It will no longer auto activate.

DAILY PVP EVENT
 -- When Entering the Daily PvP Event, your pets will become auto stabled.
 -- you cannot use the [dailypvp command while your in a normal 1 vs 1 match.

NORMAL EVENTS
 -- you cannot use the [event command while in a normal 1 vs 1 match.

QUESTS
 -- The heartwood carpentry quests that give runic saws, now also can give runic mallet and chisels. (for crafting stone gargoyle items)

Some of the Gargolye players have been wondering which artifact weapons they can equip that have a shareable graphic with gargoyles. Here is a list of them and where you can attain them.
 -- Titan's Hammer (Doom)
 -- The Task Master (Doom)
 -- The Dragon Slayer (Doom)
 -- The Beserker's Maul (Doom)
 -- Legacy of the Dread Lord (Doom)
 -- Blade of Insanity (Doom)
 -- Serpents Fang (Doom)
 -- Cold Blood (Paragons)
 -- Luna Lance (Paragons)
 -- NightsKiss (Paragons)
 -- Wrath Of The Dryad (Paragons)
 -- Brave Knight Of The Britannia (Champions)
 -- Oblivian Needle (Champions)
 -- Fang of Ractus (Champions)
 -- Pacify (Champions)
 -- Quell (Champions)
 -- Subdue (Champions)
 -- Dreads Revenge (ML Minor)
 -- Eternal Guardian Staff (SA)
 -- Pilfered Dancer Fans (Lesser ToT)
 -- Swords Of Prosperity (Greater ToT)
 -- Winds Edge (Greater ToT)

Enjoy the updates boys and girls,

Developer Gizmo

Mahavira

Wow, best update ever.

Well, maybe the imbuing system was better, but I think this one solves a lot of problems people have been having.

Astax

Any chance for some shield sharable graphics? So gargs can for example equip Arcane shield?

King Lorcain

Good update Gizmo, thanks  :)

Demotic

Huge update. Thank you for all the hard work every week in making this server the best around.

Also thank you for making the talons for gargs worth something, really helps even out the armor between all races.

Deadmau5

QuoteSYSTEMS
-- Champion spawned creatures will auto delete their corpse once you kill them.
-- When the Champion spawns, all monsters left over will be removed. Leaving less garbage around between spawns.

While I like both of these changes I think they should be adjusted slightly in order to make champion spawns not as easy to complete secretly.  Champion spawns are supposed to be hard to complete and you should be ready to defend yourself at any moment.

I think that it may be better to have the corpses auto delete after maybe 2 minutes instead of instantly.  This allows people to see if a spawn is being currently progressed or not.

I also think that when the Champion spawns that the remaining monsters should still stick around until the champion dies then they could all be removed once the gold starts appearing.  This allows for pvp at champion spawns while the champ is up but also people have to take into account the active mobs still.  Say I am doing a spawn and the moment I get the champ up I get raided, all the raiders have to kill is me since all the other spawn disappears.  If the left over spawn sticks around until the champ dies it gives myself a little extra protection since the mobs could attack the raiders too.

Mahavira

I think the corpse auto-delete is to help with lag. I'm on Enhanced Client and I used to lag like crazy, and they would crash me too. Crashing during a champ spawn isn't very fun and, if you're in T2A, that's a long (irritating!) walk. I always knew it was the corpses, now I don't have to run around using a [grab command macro, since it does it automatically.

Don't really care about mobs disappearing when the champ is summoned, but I do like that change too.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman