Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

SoP is currently recruiting new members

Started by Horns Nigel, February 10, 2013, 11:55:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horns Nigel

Me and Jest do it when we can, to be honest most of my members just don't have any interest in PVP at all, the few members I have that will PVP will only do it when attacked, most of us will just take the dirt nap, take our loss and and go somewhere else.

Question? Are people using PVP scripts in battles?  Ive often wondered when I get hit and die before I even get to throw my weapon?...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Saturn

Some do I imagine. Im pretty confident that some use healer scripts at the very least. But most of us just use macros, either in game ones or razor macros. I set mine up pretty easily, only took about 10min and there still the ones i use. Im not gonna say im the powerhouse to be beat, but i put up a good fight.
I get it tho. The only pvp stuff you'll ever see me doing is in the battles system. You'll never see me red. I've come to love the battles tho, it adds a whole new aspect to the game. And to be honest, most pvpers are very friendly.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Thatperson

A script on your bandages, and maybe even pots, frees your mind and hand to think about dealing damage instead of fixing it.
A simple razor macro can automate your bandages in a similar way so that if you die you die but at least you know your bandies were working at max speed :] with my 187 hp and 2.00 sec bandie speed the macro looks like this:

If(Hits<=186)
Say:[bs
Pause 2.10sec

Then be sure to check the "loop" button and assign a hotkey to activate the macro.
not quite the same as a script but very simple and very efficient, once you start your bandages it will keep checking your health and rolling the bandage the moment you take damage.
Tweak the hp and bandie speed with .1 second more to ensure no overlaps and the rest is up to you :]

Mercathane

Plus it's just really another outlet.  Diversity is really the basis of why everyone loves uo.  Encourage people to try an excellent system.  I've seen u out there.  Ya your gonna lose.. Watch what people do... Then replicate it.  Timing..waiting for that key moment.  Timing comes with practice.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Horns Nigel

To be honest Ive never gone into battles ever thinking I would ever win, I just have fun seeing if peeps on rides can catch me when Im flying, I lasted along time before....
I like it when all of SOUL is there and I get gang tackled, since I know most of them its a lot of fun...Nigel

Saturn

In all honesty, i never one a single battle, or even came close for that matter, for over a year. But i kept joinning them for something to do. But after i gave it a little thought, and some very little work into some macros and a pvp weapon, im now capable of holding my own.
I use entirely razor macros and in game hotkeys. And i can still beat some people with fancy scripts. Once you get your first win, your hooked. And you feel much more comfortable treading into fel and pvp areas.

I totaly understand tho. I had no desire to ever pvp and stayed to my pvm life until i just wanted to show people i was capable of it. I used to be that guy in the battles that people would snicker about in the battle system as an easy target. But now i doubt people snicker if they see me in the battles... It was also a huge motivator to make myself better armor! I never thought i need a perfect suit for pvm, but now that pvp forced me to perfect it, i do alot better in pvm!
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Saturn

...Also, my healing macro for is the exact same one i use for pvm, its just like That Person said... Just for added comfort, i set all my pvp spell casting macros to not loop, but once completed to start my healing macro. Easy peasy!
If ever you want some pvp tips or help with macros and such, I'd be more than willing to help! I learned everything i do by dueling guildies, and then made my macros by using the training golems in insula.

Mercathane

And to clarify I wasn't singling you out Nigel.  I meant anyone new to battles.  It your interested and your new you will learn far more I the stands anyways.  Also don't think that running away is a bad thing.  It's a viable and accepted part of a somewhat luck based system.  I'm not gonna cast combos at a guys face if I'm mortaled and below 75% health.  I'm gonna move..wait for mortal to clear..heal up..and attempt to be the person on the offensive the next swing.  Uo is a game of timers and chance when it comes to pvp.  The longer u do it the better u get.  And u really can push your character..this also translates well to pvm.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Horns Nigel

No worries merc  maybe sometime you could show me how to improve my performance in battles  I would appreciate it.....Nigel

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111