Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

The Artisan Publish - Nov. 17th, 2016

Started by King Kong, November 18, 2016, 09:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

THE ARTISAN PUBLISH - NOVEMBER 17th, 2016

UPDATE YOUR CLIENT TO: 7.0.55.4 or you will not see most of this.
Go to your installed UO folder, right click UOPatch.exe and run as Administrator.

This is one of the most important client updates we've had in awhile. If you do not do it, you won't see half the stuff below.

VNC Update

Massive Vita Nex Core engine update thanks to Vorspire. This addresses bugs and other fixes related to Battles and other VNC systems. You will also notice new gumps, etc.

THE ARTISAN CHAPTER

This is a nice deco update along with other goods, new ridables, pets, tweaks and Christmas. My main goal in this Publish was to spread around the dungeons by driving traffic in different directions for overall gameplay variety.

Masterful Weaves

A set of 6 total - *They are turnable

How do I get them?
They have a chance to drop on the monster it displays. All in Eodon.
Dragon Turtle (baby)
Infernus (Infernus)
Great Ape (Silverback Gorillas)
Mrymidex (All Mrymidex)
Dinosaur (Dimetrosaur only)
Tiger (Wild Tigers & Babies)

Honor Blocks

How do I get them? 'Cursed' in Dungeon Khaldun

A set of 8 total. They come lit (animated/sparkling) or not lit.
Sword
Masks
Axe
Ankh

Life Lanterns

How do I get them? Any Juka in Dungeon Wrong. (Both Fel & Tram).

A set of 8 total. They come lit (animated) or not lit.
*They are turnable.
Water
Skull
Moon
Cup

Rare Ice Archer Statue

A personal favorite.

How do I get one? Arctic Ogre Lords in Ice Dungeon. (Both Fel & Tram).
I did up the spawn rate of them a bit, but they don't spawn a ton & it's a bit rarer than this other deco.

The Ice Archer either comes shooting left or right, it isn't turnable.

Tiger Trophy

How do I get one? Rare drop off Wild Tigers in Eodon.

An Executed Hanging Skeleton

Another personal favorite

How do I get one? Rare drop (cause they look awesome) off Lich Lords as a little Skeleton idol deed.
Deceit Dungeon is probably your best bet. They Come in either South or East, not turnable.

A Rare Beautiful Pandora Flower

How do I get one? Rare drop off any Earth Elemental

New Healthy Vines

How do I get one? They drop off all Terathan Family
They are turnable with a decorating tool.

Christmas!

GM NollKoll will be activating Christmas soon on Ice Isle.

- Christmas Tree (animated lights)
- Christmas Tree (plain)
- White Christmas Tree (animated)
- Gift Box
- Red & Green Candy Canes
- Red Ribbon
- Gold Bells
- Santa's Christmas Bag
- Santa's Sleigh
(Also an upgrade on the winterfest dye tub, Lots of more colors!)

3 New Mounts

Magical Unicorn

This can be a beast, find one with good stats, and it could probably outmatch you in clearing a champ spawn! The key factor to its AoE power, is its intelligence and strength, which can of course be buffed with a bless from its owner.

(I will buff my daemonic dragon sooner, so its on par)

How do I get it? This is NOT in the donation room, you can only get this on a rare spawn on Dreadhorn Island inside Twisted Weild. So you must do the Dreadhorn quest to reach her. She will spawn quite randomly, anywhere from 1 week to 3 weeks, so you will have to be on your toes.

Takes 121 skill to tame it. Dreadhorn will want your head, so best to bring a friend... Also the Unicorn is pretty random in stats, it has a chance to be much better than it should or lesser so, but either way it's good.

Tarantula
A dangerous mount, more focused on PvP, ever wanted a mini Mephistis as your pet? This is your chance, it randomly throws webs at your foes!) Noll says it's powerful.

How I get it? It can be bought in the donation room and plans to implement it into other game play once we've tested & seen it in action.

Lesser Turanchula

More just for vanity and looks. Ridable.

How I get it? Once a week random spawn in Destard Felucca only. First level. 117.0 skill in Taming to get it.

TURANCHULA ETHEREAL

How do I get one? ONLY can be obtained by placing first in the weekly Battle's season or saving up PVP coins to purchase one.

So someone will get one once a week. Remember if you will never be 1st in the PVP Battles, you still get PVP Coins for just joining them at no risk (you never even die) and you can save up!

Fixes from Noll, also a new account filter, for some fall/winter cleaning!

To calm your horses, its based on inactivity and total gametime.
It will remove accounts (well it will filter, i gotta do the removing) that has been 6 months or more inactive, that has less then 30 minute of gametime (this includes removed characthers aswell)
same deal but;
12 months + 60 minutes
24 months + 120 minutes
36 months + 180 minutes
48 months + 240 minutes.

It will check for accounts that fits any of those 5 criteria. So to explain it a bit furthur, if an account has been inactive for MORE than 4 years, and had a total gametime of LESS then 4 hours, it would be a "match".
Pandora have never really gotten a good cleaning before.

- Possible fix for the attacking in Tram / pets exploit. We are fully aware and working on it.
Do not do it anymore. We will be testing things on the live shard as it's much much more complicated problem
than you think. Thank you for the patience.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

sebastian

GM NollKoll

A few answers to a few people thats wondering.
The magical unicorn has a taming level of 121, yes its alot. But its potential is enourmous. It's AoE vs creatures is amazing.

And the donation spider, well. Some wonders if its weak, i can say its not. King Kong's simpleminded way of creating donation pets is give it a tad more one on one dps, and more hp... MORE HP SOLVES EVERYTHING =P

Anyhow, its quick, it poisons your foe, it can disarm your foe, but also, throws webs and freezes your opponent for a few seconds. (players will be frozen for 1-3 seconds, and creatures.. iirc 10-15 seconds)
It's more of a PvP pet, but that 10-15 seconds breather vs a boss can be worth gold!
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

LoriLee

Again I have patched my game a few times and all the new stuff is looking like unused tiles as it still looked with the new halloween spider. I am getting a bit tired of this.   :(

GM NollKoll

Try running your client.exe and uo steam.exe as admin
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Flint Fireforge

Lorilee when you do a fresh install make sure to delete all the folders. Don't leave anything old behind start clean.
To be or not to be or to simply enjoy the game with good friends.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman