Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

15 years!!!

Started by Wacker, September 14, 2012, 05:44:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wacker

This is my 15th year playing UO!  Started on Pacific...then migrated to Siege Perilous....anyone else play on Siege?

In 2001, the following was posted:
Who do you hate most in game?
Mocker
Oliver Holmes
Mahja
Sistro
Blacknight
Bill Gates
KHL
Rich
Paerin
Michael-KGB
Jetstar-KGB
BC of SAS
Wacker
HeRog
Caromon Fey
Darkstar
Goo The Lowly
Wolf-VJ
Stoney Poney
Darth-BLD
Zak Crosswind
Conn Smyth
Lector
Sithri

Oh the memories!  Thanks Konstantine for this fine shard!!!!  It is a blast and I continue to enjoy the game!

Horns Nigel

If you count the off-line version then you can add me to that list as well, I can remember the first on-line version I saw in 1996 was called E-3, went through beta till its final release in Sept 1997, Modems with extreme lagg caused a lot of us to start drinking heavily, but made it through somehow....

I would love to know how many others here were around at inception?

These were the words of that period for us... Overclocked machines, erasing all data from our comps but UO and speed hack...hehe  Of course speed hack didn't last long for obvious reasons.
But we were sure jealous of those who had T-Lines...lol

My first Char was named Lord Kendall, named after the Highest mountain peak on UO outside of Minoc named Mt. Kendall, also had Lady Lilithe and Advance all On Napa Valley and great lakes....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Wacker

Yes, I was there with you with the overclocked machine...and of course speedhack was a part of it!  Along with that was the Stump hack too!  In 1998, I went from dialup to DSL and it was awesome!  Except I moved in 2000 and went back to dialup for 1 year, then DSL again!  I actually started playing Ultima back in the 1980s on the Apple, then on a Commodore 64!!!  I have been a fan of Lord British from the early days before EA got a hold of the game!

Horns Nigel

Yeah all of us remember the days before EA, it was a much diff game, great to know there are more ol timers out there....Nigel

sulla

I was around back then also.  One thing I really remember was he terrible lag. Well that and all the bugs. But it was still fun.

Horns Nigel

Yeah, Lagg was real bad, also logging in was also at time a real long chore, but we loved playing so much that it was all worth it in the end.
I remember how excited every one was when they introduced trammel so we all had a chance to place new homes.....Nigel

Thatperson

I remember fel and tram stones, nothing said "i challenge you" like dropping the fel stone at the guys feet :D Platemail armour lowering dex and being able to tow a fleet of dragons :) makes you wonder how we got by without bonding and insurance

Horns Nigel

Vanquishing weapons   ahhhh those were the days......Nigel

Saturn

Quote from: Wacker on September 14, 2012, 10:50:17 PM
Yes, I was there with you with the overclocked machine...and of course speedhack was a part of it!  Along with that was the Stump hack too!  In 1998, I went from dialup to DSL and it was awesome!  Except I moved in 2000 and went back to dialup for 1 year, then DSL again!  I actually started playing Ultima back in the 1980s on the Apple, then on a Commodore 64!!!  I have been a fan of Lord British from the early days before EA got a hold of the game!

Oh god. I remember trying to play UO on dial-up. I lived way up north where the internet was shoty at best...Bane of my young existence.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Horns Nigel

It was a challenge some days just to log on, LOL...Nigel

Saturn

And if someone called or had to use the phone, all was lost.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Horns Nigel

As I remember there was a program that you could use that wouldn't disconnect your modem with an incoming phone call, but i cant remember what it was called....Nigel

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111