Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Felucca Town Stealables! *poll inside*

Started by GM NollKoll, April 29, 2014, 10:58:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxarus

Not really into that whole stealable thing.
But maybe i can help (or make it worse!!^^):

You can find the exact locations of the "regular" stealables in UOGuide. So there is no real competition on those.

This made the new stealables more interesting (so i guess lol) and therefore also more valuable and worth the time searching for them. On the other hand there is this monopoly thing, yes. But how much could you really ask for one of these stealables? More than for the ruined painting (Doom)? I don't think so.

Although I understand why you, Noll, did this. I think there were only very few players who had all the locations or at least "a lot". Theoretically they could sell the stealables or the locations for a good price...
But still: Isn't this the whole purpose? Competition? Reward for those who took the time and looked for the items?

Maybe it's too late now. But I would suggest a more "salomonic" approach on it:
Add a book with 50% of the locations. So for the other 50% people still have to find out the exact location. Makes a few more valuable than others.
But maybe it's too late now.^^

(Note: I don't get anything out of this since i am zero interested in stealables.^^)

Tys

"My name is my name."

The Winter

Quote from: GM NollKoll on May 12, 2014, 06:26:25 AM
Quote from: James Hendrik on May 11, 2014, 08:20:16 PM
Quote from: GM NollKoll on May 10, 2014, 05:03:07 PM
runebooks have been placed in covetous felucca, lake level... Also teleporters to those stealables in Wind/Delucia/Papua..
Will locate runebook and teleporters to somewhere thats easier access later, but for now, its a race to get all locations cleared and marked ^^.. Later on i will place em for a week or 2, somewhere better, so everyone will get a good idea on where each stealable is, feel free to contribute this to the pandora wiki, especially if you get there when a stealable is spawned, or bring yours and take a printscreen when your holding/dragging it over the spawn spot

For me, all the time I've spent finding these stealables, has just become a complete waste. Maybe I'm one of the few that enjoyed the feeling of accomplishment when I found a new location through my own efforts. Kinda soured by this decision to give people the locations that didn't actively go out and do the legwork.

Can understand what you mean, But due to the stealables hidden nature, a player knowing its location, can easily have his or hers own monopoly over this stealable...  So publishing the exact locations ~8? days after, i think it is rather fair, the early bird got atleast 1 or 2 of that particular stealable.

Fair would be to allow those that put forth the effort to reap the rewards. Eventually, through the selling of locations, trading among players, etc., the locations would become public knowledge.
"If I take your life, it's nothing personal...just a boy and his toy gun dying for attention" J Lane

Horns Nigel

I sure would like to know the secret to getting the banner?  No matter what I tried it was out of reach...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

GM NollKoll

Quote from: Horns Nigel on May 15, 2014, 12:02:46 PM
I sure would like to know the secret to getting the banner?  No matter what I tried it was out of reach...Nigel

If you mean the one in Jhelom, i tried it and i managed to steal it.. a tiny bit of a trick to it..  Last target macro needed ^^
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Horns Nigel

I still have no idea Noll, early sinility has kicked in big time, I will find you some day, maybe you could show me...TY Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111