Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

5 houses per account?

Started by Oniel, April 12, 2013, 11:41:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniel

I thought i read somewhere that there was a 5 houses per account limit? ..with the recent IDOC incedent, most of Zento, Makato jima has gone empty and on person has dropped well over 5 houses, Zento is now littered with empty 7x7s most of wich seem to be owned by ONE character.

Im not trying to get a spot, I have my zento spot, but i thought that the recent change to the housing system was to eliminate unused houses.. Im guessing this person is attempting to sell these plots, BEWARE BUYERS, if you buy it, your stuck with a 7x7 house, beacuse if you pull it up, it will not allow you to place another right away. you have to wait what looks to be hours before you can place again.

I would rather see people who would use the homes, place in these spots, instead of the ugly mess Zento is now.

zaxarus

Tys

"My name is my name."

Walker

I think a house limit should be implemented, No reason you should be able to have unlimited houses. All the space that was taken due to house decay not being turned on has been taken over once again by people looking to hoard space. 3 houses per account, with 3 accounts allowed would be 9 houses. No one needs more than that.

Horns Nigel

I don't think the unlimited housing is the problem, however inside the gates in Luna should be limited to one home per acct to give many others a chance to build there.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Oniel

Yea, i think there needs to be a limit per account as well... 3-5 is more than anyone ever needs.. leaving it open to unlimited makes for an ugly shard... go look at zento and you will see what i mean 90% unused 7x7 plots...

Walker

Ok the only exception I can see it being good for it guild claimed areas. Like the NPA area and such was all NPA members and it was a very nice zone. If there was a way to buy "land" instead of having to place a house to prevent someone from placing a house that would be nice. I can see a 5 house limit being a good set.

Oniel

The problem is, the damage is done, because even if they changed it, all current houses would prob be grandfathered...

Horns Nigel

True, I am guilty as I have 6 homes placed, but none are near eachother and are located in dif areas of the shard....Nigel

Emerist

Agreed that limit needs to come back. My travels today took to a spot north east outside malas mountains at the big orc fort one character has 12+ 7x7's placed out there. I say 12+ because I stopped counting or check after that. Not one item in any of them as for me personally I see no need for more then one per account 3 accounts per IP = 3 house's. If you have so much stuff that it can't fit it into one 18x18, castle or other large home then its time to clean out and give up some of them items as most probably go unused and have no purpose. By the way Zento looks tame compared to what I found.

Quote from: Horns Nigel on April 12, 2013, 12:22:07 PM
I don't think the unlimited housing is the problem, however inside the gates in Luna should be limited to one home per acct to give many others a chance to build there.....Nigel
Go take a look at this and see if you still think the same thing.
*Throws computer off closest bridge*

zaxarus

Yea, that's ridiculous. There must be a limitation...

Personally i've seen (i think the same) player placing 7x7's around Luna. For nothing. And that player, so as many others who's houses should have collapsed, didn't play here for an eternity. And do you think he will now? No, he won't. Because he only "wants to have" them.
So actually him and others are robbing space.
Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

I did see the orc fort and yes that's out of control, .....Nigel

Voxpire

More houses you have, the more effort needed to upkeep them. There are no ageless houses these days.
Those houses will decay in 37 days if they aren't sold or used.

GrooveGuru

I think unlimited housing with a set limit. I don't mind 5 for a limit but I like 7 better . After you place a house beyond the set limit it will have no refresh ability and has to fall at end of the cycle.
Aitrus

Voxpire

We're probably going to drop the refresh time from 37 days to compensate for the fact you can place unlimited houses.

It's either that or put a cap back in, but I think reducing the time would be better for everyone and encourage activity while ensuring you don't have too long to wait for a plot to fall for you to take it.

Friar

So uhh hey everyone... so as any changes to the housing system would seem to impact me more so than any other players at present I figure it's my responsibility to add my 2 cents.

First off - I won land by being there 1st and building fastest. I expended time doing so - time that could have been spent looting stuff. So make no mistake - I earned that land, or at least I earned it in as much as it is possible to earn it via forgoing other opportunity loss and beating out everyone else in building.

I would ask that we please do not get rid of the unlimited housing as at present that would represent a significant loss to me and other players - I would support a shortened decay process to force me to MORE constantly upkeep the land, if you think that 37 days is too slow. I work and have a life (i know right?!) and so expecting people to play UO every week of their lives is clearly  unrealistic and insane and really the 37 days would seem to me to be short enough already, especially considering there is no auto-refresh at all now, and to those who don't know this 37 days is already shortened, it used to be like 3 months - to note I have lots of houses at present to manage so trust me, it will be a pain to upkeep all of this already with a 37 day decay - many of these plots were simply built as temporary storage for what was on the ground at those spots and will be removed/given away by me at my discretion. Other plots were placed so that I can lock down the land for future use, and will not be removed. I only own 2 castles at present, but possess enough land to likely build a couple more castles outside of Luna in the future. This is my intention. I obviously dont want to have 7x7s jamming up the land indefinitely. The purpose in doing this is to lock the land under my control so that I can eventually build castles on the land, wherever possible (I can't believe I have to explain this, its a simple concept).

All of you who say we only need X number of houses - you don't have 25000 items to sort and store and recycle and sell. I do. The notion that I could fit all of my goods in a single 1818 or a single castle is a joke. We're just playing this game at different scales. I've been playing on here for several years, since almost the dawn of time on Pandora, and I'm not sure on this but can say with some confidence I am one of if not the most elder player still on here, and so my needs and wants are different from many of yours. Unlimited housing is for me almost necessary at present, and a condition I intend to make excellent use of.

On the subject of cleaning up the land - I would point out that it would be infinitely easier for me to manage the land I own and remove/resize the plots, to my and everyone elses benefit and for the aesthetics of the shard itself, if there were no delay on rebuilding a new plot on land where a house is intentionally demolished. I can and will accomplish my resizing goals even if this is left as is, but it will take an extremely greater amount of time. A non-delay rebuild, as we've had for forever, I think, would be best. Really it makes sense to be able to take land that you possess and fill it correctly with a fully sized plot. As it stands, I'm somewhat stuck and forced to go very slow in this process, and so is whats his name in Zento, until that is changed back. Make it no delay, and you'll once again see a fully sized Zento, Luna, and outside of Luna in short order.

PS - zaxarus, as to your comment about me not playing here in an eternity, atleast I assume that was directed at me, and that all of my stuff should have fallen - obviously you don't have a clue what I do with my time on this game so please speak for yourself and don't assume to know anything about my gameplay or what I do or don't do. Somehow I seem to have managed to upkeep all of my old houses, since before the time of ageless housing, most of which were obviously not auto refresh at that time. And I've done this for years. How exactly could I have managed to do that if I had abandoned them and hadnt played at all? Clearly what you think is abandoned and what IS abandoned are 2 different things. Only those players who had completely left the game and not logged in in a year had their stuff knocked down. I am far from falling into that category.

~ Friar ~

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]