Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 29.0 - 11/30/2011

Started by King Kong, November 30, 2011, 06:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

11/30/2011

PATCH 29 - Hello Santa Champin' & Crafters.

Christmas Champ / Trammel Champ!

- It is Christmas time, the best time of the year on Pandora! Look out for special events as there will be more coming.
- There is a new Champion spawn that will run the month of December. Slay the Evil Santa!
  (( Level 1: Santa's Evil Elves - Level: 2 - Evil Reindeer - Level: 3 - Corrupt Snowballs - Level: 4 the Grinch & his dog Max - Level 5: Evil Santa Claus))
- 1 location can be found inside the PvM Event Room via Moongate (Trammel) and will spawn once every 6 hours or so.
- Another location is located in Trammel, Ice Island on the East side. Will spawn once every 12 hours.
- These champs will drop your normal powerscrolls like any other champ.
- Evil Santa Champion has a chance to drop 0 or 1 Relic Fragment along with other Imbuing Mats.
- Evil Santa also has a chance to drop a Reindeer Statue.

PANDORA POWERSCROLL EXCHANGE

- There is now a Pure White barrel in Insula. Doubling clicking how it works, it is pretty obvious. There are directions in the window.
- You turn in powerscrolls, in exchange for powerscroll points which are like Essences in your backpack.
- For certain scrolls you turn in, being a 105, 110, 115, or 120 you will get a certain amount of points depending on the scroll's value.
- You can then use the same barrel to buy scrolls with your points and it will place a random skill in your backpack.
- This is to be used for powerscrolls that you have already ate and don't need, you can then save up and gamble to get a random 120, etc. Or for example turn in a bunch of 105's and get a random 110, or 115, etc, etc.
- This will slowly bring back the powerscroll economy, while also cleaning up shard and allowing you to get the 120 you been hunting non stop to get.
- With this Powerscroll Exchange comes some tweaks, read below.

RUNIC HAMMERS & SEWING KITS ARE BACK!

- Runic Hammers & Sewing Kits are back for you crafter / bodders out there! This has been a long time coming!
- They now have high intensities, where you have a chance to make items that are comparable and even better than Imbuing in some cases. Most of the time they will work hand and hand together. You will need Runic to have a good starting piece to Imbue.

**A Few Examples**
(Ex. Valorite & Barbed for example have a chance to create a resist that is in the high 30's% range) (Ex. Spined now can add 85 luck on a weapon as opposed to 40, so you can get 185 luck on an item without donating, same goes for Gold armor & weapons)(Another Ex. I just made Leather Leggings with Horned Leather with 40 Fire Resist, perfect for starting to Imbue around that)

- Great starting pieces to make on it's own own Imbue around it.
- They will start with high amount of properties and intensities, some having 10 properties like   Imbuing to start.
- This applies to all Runics (Dull thru Valorite)(Spined thru Barbed)
- Valorite & Barbed still give the best chances of the amount of properties and intensities.
- This will bring back Crafters & Bodders. They will be a must for the best Imbued set possible.
- Also will bring in a big economy for Runic Sewing Kits & Runic Smith Hammers.
- Start getting them by collecting "bods" from the NPCs, There are many guides on how to do it all over the internet like UoGuide.com, Pandora Wiki & Pandora forums.
(I expect the shard's crafters to keep me posted on the stuff they make as we go to create balance & tweaks as we go, via page & PM... The goal is to make Runic Sewing Kits & Smith Hammers really worth getting. I will make it happen crafters! This is a FANTASTIC update-- But keep note, you are only allowed 3 accounts! Unless you are in a family situation and have spoken to me personally or you are grandfathered in from the 1st year of Pandora with 5 accounts. It is very easy to catch you! All accounts except 3 will be banned and you could go to jail! Do not clutter Pandora with a million accounts! Thank you!)

TWEAKS

(Most of these tweaks will allow a much better economy & longer gameplay for your future, nothing major, but a must)

- Greater Dragons now only required 84.7 Animal Taming to be able to tame them. This will allow younger Pandorians a chance to do some good hunting and not get behind.

- Scroll Binding is no more, it is no longer on the Inscription menu.

- Gold drop rate on monsters in Trammel facets has lowered, (temporarily due to economy) while Felucca & Ilishinar has been lowered less. This is based on the theory High Risk = High Reward.

- the [grab command will now only grab 1/4 of the gold from the monster as opposed to 1/2 as before.

- Most Champions will now have a chance to drop 0, 1, or 2 Relic Fragments at complete random. It is a 33% chance for each amount. All Champions can drop up to 2 Relic's except for Barracoon or can only drop 1 at the max.

- Champions will now have a chance to 0 to 1 Rough Stones, just as stated before, by random. (Except Lord Oaks, who has a chance to drop up to 2)

- Imbuing Unraveling will now only give you a Relic Fragment when it's magical property weight is equal to or above 1050, as opposed to the previous 850. Also it has a 50/50 chance to give you 1 Relic or None. It's a coin flip. You will still get the other ingreidiants always.

- You will get slightly less Magical Residue and Enchanted Essences on unraveling lower end magical items.
***This will make Imbuing a bit more challenging and at the same time bring back Champion spawns and other dungeons. Also will allow players a longer period of working for their full suit, exactly the way they want it. In turn you will be bored much less and will give  a chance for Runic Sewing Kits & Hammers to come into play more.

- Only your first / young character will start with a Young LRC Amor Suit (Human & Garg in it), Lantern, and Runebook. (similiar to how stat ball works now). This is too prevent clutter on shard on people who just create characters for really no purpose. If you would like those items for other chars to train up, etc... simply just find it on the ground, make it, or ask another player for one. :) (the 3 skills at 75 will remain on all characters created)

- Similar to statement above, new players, their first character on a new account will get a 30k bank check. This will help a newer Pandorian get a few things they need.

- Dragon's, all kinds. no longer drop Jewels / Gems.

- Camps (Human, Elf, Orc) do more damage to you when opening them, small chance it can kill you, and a bit harder to unlock.

- New Oceanic Coins from now on will look much different than the ones before. This is to try and change the ItemID so they will start stacking proper. (Old Oceanic Coins will still work & you can spend them)

- the [MyHouses command players use to get to their house in emergency situations, will now cost 50k, as it should only be used for emergencies like a lost rune etc, and prevent players using it to escape from battle without a second thought.

- The Location where it display's where the player is from is being upgraded and currently unavailable.

- Server was Hard Reset during the Patch installation, this will help with gameplay smoothness & lag.

- The PvP Battle Stone is currently Unavailable as it is being upgraded. It will return and be better in Patch 30.

- Global Chats will return to normal soon, we are running some test with the system and re setting up the filters.

- More Coming Soon.

********Remember these are changes that were thought out and planned by the Pandora staff. Complaining about any of it, in game or over global chat or forums in a non formal manner is in violation of the Rules for "Negativity Towards Pandora". If you have an issue you would like to talk about personally please page and we will do the best we can to assist you. Thank you again for being a citizen on Pandora.

- King Kon

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

matricii

Alot of good updates in there Kon. Keep em coming and helping Pandora stay the number one free shard in the world!

Kaeltas

Sounds great Kon.  It's nice to see crafters get some love.

Repe

Very nice thing, that can do something else than pvp or pvm. Updates like that helps to keep shard alive i think. Thank You

Lithium66

Great patch kon thanks!  I think with some fine tuning on runics etc it will be great for the trammel mule chars the crafters have no more to be upset about if u ask me.

Akira

Nice changes, good to see bods coming back. Maybe I can finally get my crafting power scrolls.

Like to see a few other useful things we could purchase with the power scroll "coins" at some point, nothing too crazy but it would be nice. A few items like the pvp coins, pcoins, etc has something worth saving up for. Just an idea.

"Dragon's, all kinds. no longer drop Jewels / Gems.."
Can we add something to the loot table to make up for the loss of gems?
If you are trying to reduce gems on the shard look at Pixies and other mobs like that also. While Pixies only have one per
The mini champs that have tons of Pixies all die in one hit.

I see relics going up in price :)

Thanks Kon

kirksessions

:(  I log on yesterday and went hunting I started to notice my monster loot was less In ish..and then I noticed my armor had more luck... My luck was like 1600 now its 1900 killing blood elements and getting nothing but 400 gold and sometimes a magic weapon thats really was worthless I did some checking reading the news when you first log in and you say that you raised the loot in fell and ish and on pandora web page it says you lowered all loot .. I can really see that you did .. I played uo for years I started in 1999 and played for 8 years paying for a account month to month 120.00 ayear I played your pandora for three month and probley donated 300.00 or more and have all my friends playing and they have donated .. Your patch was a major blow to me I really liked playing pandora .. 1- your loot on monster way to low  2-imbuing was great now you made it harder after this patch 3-I dont see anybuddy hunting on the game in ish or fell because your game full of murders and killers 4- I see alot of players training on dummys but no hunters 5-pker guild rule all champion spawns no new players going to get a powerscroll 6-everything cost 50k or more on a vendor 7-pker guild controll all the trade in the game 8-you cant give things and take things away from people they get mad like this patch

Tyrone Biggums

You just joined the msg boards to complain?

Did you even read all of Kon's post?

I've only been here for 3 months and I'm not in a pk guild that runs the server ( my guess is you mean H20) yet I spawn and have scrolls. They have caught and killed me but I pick up and move on. Part of the game.

Find a different way to make gold then killing bloods. Huge server. Kill something different.

Kon puts tons of time work and thought into these patches and I'm not sure if well as he puts it "see the big picture"

Instead of complaining find a different way to do things. OSI changed stuff non stop and normally it sucked. Guess what. People still played. Kon's newest patch didn't effect my gameplay at all.

Have a nice day

King Kong

Quote from: "kirksessions":(  I log on yesterday and went hunting I started to notice my monster loot was less In ish..and then I noticed my armor had more luck... My luck was like 1600 now its 1900 killing blood elements and getting nothing but 400 gold and sometimes a magic weapon thats really was worthless I did some checking reading the news when you first log in and you say that you raised the loot in fell and ish and on pandora web page it says you lowered all loot .. I can really see that you did .. I played uo for years I started in 1999 and played for 8 years paying for a account month to month 120.00 ayear I played your pandora for three month and probley donated 300.00 or more and have all my friends playing and they have donated .. Your patch was a major blow to me I really liked playing pandora .. 1- your loot on monster way to low  2-imbuing was great now you made it harder after this patch 3-I dont see anybuddy hunting on the game in ish or fell because your game full of murders and killers 4- I see alot of players training on dummys but no hunters 5-pker guild rule all champion spawns no new players going to get a powerscroll 6-everything cost 50k or more on a vendor 7-pker guild controll all the trade in the game 8-you cant give things and take things away from people they get mad like this patch

Sorry you feel that way mate. As we appreciate your donation, as it keeps the server costs going...It by no shape or form allows people to decide what our team does with the shard. Donators & non Donators are treated as equals. So please keep that in mind

On average, about 10% of population is a pker. That by no means runs the shard.

There is a champion spawn in PvM room which is trammel, to allow trammel players to stock up on powerscrolls. Me cutting them a break. Because this game is High Risk = High Reward. Like 99% of other games. So you are wrong there also.

The gold loot to begin with was way to high to start and we did that around a year ago. I actually put it back to "normal" - Yes it is lower, but there is a lot of gold on the server, tons of ways to make money.

Again I am sorry you feel this way about the patch, but like I have said many times before. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and it is impossible for me to please everyone.

Cheers.

Cuemif Sampset

Just one thing I saw kon my buddy 50k for the [myhouse that gonna pull from you bank now? 50k plus will overload you I know I plan to use it like a gold dump while checking spawns lmao so it pulling from bank would get rid of some of my gold

kirksessions

Don't get me wrong I dont disagree with everything in this patch... I just think  lower monster loot kinda make it hard to keep up... My kids seem like they are always low on funds and we hunt almost everynight..
and  greater dragon should be a higher skill level to tame when 84 a drake level.. I kinda get upset when I had to buy powerscrolls and tame everynight to get a greater dragon..vet player that build skills should be rewarded  with better pets I probley spent a half million on taming rings for my kids to get a greater dragon ... I love playing pandora I love the no skill cap ..and your right no matter what you do people will always complain about something on the game

Mita

I think its about time the dailypvp is fixed so that anyone who exits the ring is auto-forfited.
What we see is 'someone' leaves the ring with that new auto pvp battles command (which needs to be fixed not to work durring combat) or some other method. The other guy then waits ten minutes while we spam him to kill himself so we can continue the tourneyment. Meanwhile, that other 'someone' sits in the spectators area and waits to get a win for his action. Its just awful.

... I love the idea of an easier tame rate for greaters, but 8x.x is rediculously low. They are very easy to tame for the taming-veterans, and anyone who *needs* help, should get help from players. Honestly, its not hard to tame them, 110 isn't too hard to get to, and its just as not-hard to ask players for help. Plus, the market for selling these pets is going to drastically drop. At least raise the requirement to like 98. Then a gm has a 4% success, which is still a damn good gift compared to the 0% they'd normally get.

Huge props for the crafting revivement. :D
Accident - [size=85]The library that runs on land, over seas, or anywhere her feet takes her.[/size]

King Kong

Quote from: "Mita"I think its about time the dailypvp is fixed so that anyone who exits the ring is auto-forfited.
What we see is 'someone' leaves the ring with that new auto pvp battles command (which needs to be fixed not to work durring combat) or some other method. The other guy then waits ten minutes while we spam him to kill himself so we can continue the tourneyment. Meanwhile, that other 'someone' sits in the spectators area and waits to get a win for his action. Its just awful.

... I love the idea of an easier tame rate for greaters, but 8x.x is rediculously low. They are very easy to tame for the taming-veterans, and anyone who *needs* help, should get help from players. Honestly, its not hard to tame them, 110 isn't too hard to get to, and its just as not-hard to ask players for help. Plus, the market for selling these pets is going to drastically drop. At least raise the requirement to like 98. Then a gm has a 4% success, which is still a damn good gift compared to the 0% they'd normally get.

Huge props for the crafting revivement. :D

We are working on fixes for things to break the PvP -- so many variables to create so people cannot break it.

and Greater Dragon, again it's temp. Newer players complain it's for them to catch up - (even though that should not be there goal to "catch up", they should just play and they will always be same level of people who started around time they did, etc)

Things always change as we go.

Thanks for all your kind words.

Foul

Quote from: "kirksessions"Don't get me wrong I dont disagree with everything in this patch... I just think  lower monster loot kinda make it hard to keep up... My kids seem like they are always low on funds and we hunt almost everynight..
and  greater dragon should be a higher skill level to tame when 84 a drake level.. I kinda get upset when I had to buy powerscrolls and tame everynight to get a greater dragon..vet player that build skills should be rewarded  with better pets I probley spent a half million on taming rings for my kids to get a greater dragon ... I love playing pandora I love the no skill cap ..and your right no matter what you do people will always complain about something on the game

I disagree with this statement, even at 120 peacemaking I cannot peace a greater dragon nor can I even get close to taming it as it instakills you. As for it being easy with a veteran tamer this is also wrong because I was with one a few nights ago and we died so many times and at the end of the night we didn't even get one.

Also King Kon, how are we supposed to kill the Slasher of Veils in the underworld if it instantly kills a greater dragon? Or is it supposed to just keep campers away? Just another question I hope doesn't go unanswered.

~Pandorian Citizen & Donator.

King Kong

Quote from: "Foul"
Quote from: "kirksessions"Don't get me wrong I dont disagree with everything in this patch... I just think  lower monster loot kinda make it hard to keep up... My kids seem like they are always low on funds and we hunt almost everynight..

I disagree with this statement, even at 120 peacemaking I cannot peace a greater dragon nor can I even get close to taming it as it instakills you. As for it being easy with a veteran tamer this is also wrong because I was with one a few nights ago and we died so many times and at the end of the night we didn't even get one.

Also King Kon, how are we supposed to kill the Slasher of Veils in the underworld if it instantly kills a greater dragon? Or is it supposed to just keep campers away? Just another question I hope doesn't go unanswered.

~Pandorian Citizen & Donator.

Peacing any animal in game, nerfs it when you tame it. No one EVER should peace a Greater Dragon if wanting to tame it and that goes for all tamable mobs and has always been that way on UO. So peacing is actually a newer player not knowing what their doing to be honest.

There are clever ways to tame it, try using fields to trap him, there are a lot of little tricks.

Slasher, like on OSI, on heretoo, any pet it kills instantly. Animals / Monsters do not have any ability with this monster and they are instantly killed. Slasher, and a couple other monsters do much more damage to a pet then it does to a player. That's the way the monster has always been built, just how it is. It promotes group PvM where people actually have to use magic and weapons to take it down. I see guilds take him down quite often.

Hope I answered your questions properly.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman