Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Status of Mysticism - Need Players Help

Started by King Kong, July 31, 2013, 08:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Hey folks. Was just talking to Vorspire about this in the near future & would love to get your guys thoughts.

First off... What is the status of Mysticism? Does it work on Pandora, as in, is it useful?

If so, which spells?

If not, why?

For those of you who can really help. Give us your suggestion for each mysticism spell by using UOGuide or anything else as a guide to keep the spells to do what they are supposed to do... But ideas on damage they should do, and how we can spice them up to make them really valuable on Pandora.

Use this as a guide: http://www.uoguide.com/Mysticism

Give us anything.... Details ---- We want to revamp it. Make it cool.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Horns Nigel

To be honest I really don't use any of it that much,  I do use animated weapon, hailstorm and purge magic, but that's about it.  Bombard, mass sleep, neather bolt, neather cyclone and eagle strike all could use a buff.  I would like to see myst revamped so we would want to use it more often.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

King Kong

Falada

Most of the Mysticism Spells are way too weak. Some are completely blocked (Enchant for example).
Usually i only use Animated Weapons and sometimes Sleep but i think i never saw a real effect when i used Sleep.
Now with AssistUO supports Hotkeys for Myst i might use them more if they will be more effective :)
greets Fala

Alifanfaron

Spell Trigger is a good one for PvP. Always nice to have that in your back pocket when you're throwing out the Hail Mary for the kill, particularly in a close fight. I think people avoid using Cleansing Winds and Healing Stone simply because everyone is so used to bandies and magery spells; why switch when those are already adequate? So maybe if they got a small buff, they would be used more.
"Stop quoting things I never said"  -Maggdalena

King Kong

Quote from: Alifanfaron on July 31, 2013, 11:54:19 AM
Spell Trigger is a good one for PvP. Always nice to have that in your back pocket when you're throwing out the Hail Mary for the kill, particularly in a close fight. I think people avoid using Cleansing Winds and Healing Stone simply because everyone is so used to bandies and magery spells; why switch when those are already adequate? So maybe if they got a small buff, they would be used more.

Alif! Ty for the response to the post...

But how are you ?

Jinxy

im with everyone else in the posts, ether the spell is to weak or there is something just as good ie healing stone vs bandi and Enchant wep just dosnt work, thats the one i really want to work .. lol also animated weps are a must in pandora... for thoes of you that know what im talking about.. ;P

Johana

Cleansing Winds is a good one when you have necro'd all your karma away and need to remove that curse but that is kind of it.  Every spell in Mysticism would need some tweak to be useful. 

Alifanfaron

That's a good point, Johana. Never even thought of that. I also would have liked to use Hail Storm more often. Maybe if it was a bit stronger, like similar to Thunderstorm (Spellweaving) with a level 3 or 4 Arcane Focus, it could be useful. Although, wasn't Hail Storm the spell that was causing a lot of lag for some people at one point leading to a tweak in its animation, or am I mis-remembering?
"Stop quoting things I never said"  -Maggdalena

Horns Nigel

I cast hail because it has the coolest graphic effects, fun to watch, admittedly does little damage however...Nigel

Saturn

I'm glad to see some intrest in tweaking it. I always felt it such a shame that an entire skill/spellbook is largely useless. I'll try and make a more helpfull post tomorrow if i have time.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Walker

Agreed on the tweaking Saturn, when I started setting up keybinds for PVP I attempted to use some of the more useful myst spells and they were all too weak or didn't work at all I just stuck with the standard mage/necro. Would be nice to get a revamp on this to add some diversity.

Thatperson

The "Bombard" spell on uoguide says 58 skill, and in the book here on pandora, but  I have 120 myst and will succeed in casting maybe 1 in 10 attempts, the others are fizzles..
Certainly wouldn't hurt to make this spell castable
enchant is completely disabled but with all hit effects on a weapon I don't know if it could double cast one of the hit effects or if it would just be usefull for times when your not using a full imbued weapon, however with the new tier system new weapons will take time to build up so it could be nice to tide you over as you unlock the other imbue slots

Horns Nigel

Agreed, I would definately put Bombard in my arsenal...Nigel

Dwarvey

I was going to say something about Bombard, but Thatperson already covered it.

I took it out of my icons for useful spells when I couldn't cast it properly at 120/120. It's effects would be a nice edition for PVP with the damage and knock back.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman