Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Mining/Gem Carts Removed.

Started by King Kong, February 08, 2014, 06:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

We should have done this a long time ago, but didn't know the extent of how bad it was.

Just for history sake - Those are vet reward items, given on OSI for 1 account ONLY for multiple years of playing. 1 year = 1 month here on Pandora and each person can have 3 accounts, you see how that can get out of control quick.

Not only were they causing massive harm to the economy and flooding gems and what not, but it is the exploit of that which got us to this point.

Towers full of them...

What this has done server wise is assist world wide shard freezes where we actually have a revert.
Players also crashing instantly when running by a house of carts many times. - Myself couldn't even run through Luna without a Client hiccup, now I am teleporting all around.
Etc etc - You get the point, overhaul just not good for the server.

Also with that, Vorspire currently is making some of the rarer jewels drop on basic creatures like Lizardman, Ratman, etc - It won't be hard (most you can get already by hunting easy) and it will be a heck of a lot better than double click macros on the carts. -- Most of all, it will get people back into the easy simple dungeons no one ever uses on Tram & Fel side, which you guys have asked for over and over.
Not to mention this will give new & old players a way to make good money, kill some easy monsters and collect them - Sell them - Etc..  Only thing I am upset about is I should have done this well over a year ago, or really when Imbuing was introduced.. Ah well

- Perfect Emerald
- Emerald
- Ecru
- Citrine
- Dark Citrine
- White Pearl
- Turquoise
- Brilliant Amber
- Fire Ruby
- Blue Diamond

There is no debate on this, no you will not get to choose a different Vet reward, you already get too many rewards with that system over multiple accounts any ways - If you don't have anymore rewards, ask almost any player and they probably have one you can have. - This is a no brainer and any player with some senses already understands.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Islander

server seems faster and smoother since this change... thanks to everyone who is involved with getting to the bottom of these issues with people randomly having DC issues. I can confirm that this was a not full fix to the issue, since i have crashed once running though Insula. But we are on the right track!

adding a side note here:

Running anywhere is faster now. There is not nearly as much clipping. I just sprinted around t2a, Insula, Luna, etc. Dramatic difference to game play everywhere.

Saturn

*cough* My bad *cough*

...I may or may not have created such towers for vendor purposes. Those towers seem a bit drafty now.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman