Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Took a break, lost my house ?

Started by DamJ.NeT, May 14, 2013, 11:00:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DamJ.NeT

Hey there !

I remember when I last played the shard, you said that old houses would stay permanent. I only had one, and I'm donator.

Now I come back, and I lost everything ?

Bug or is it on purpose ? Days of farming in mats/ps/BoDs etc gone to dust... when the last thing I read from you guys was that it couldn't happen to me.

Horns Nigel

Ummm, yeah that changed awhile ago....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

DamJ.NeT

Oh well, that's sad... Really sad.

So appart from bank, no way to keep stuff around ?

King Kong

Quote from: DamJ.NeT on May 14, 2013, 11:42:50 AM
Oh well, that's sad... Really sad.

So appart from bank, no way to keep stuff around ?

It takes months for a house to even start to decay, then another month. To stop this, you literally take 5 seconds & log in to refresh it. Or if your away like on active duty, you can message us before you leave.

Or you can have a friend log in to refresh or co-own / friend anyone to do so.

You almost have to try to have your house decay realistically.

We announced it for months before the change many times on boards, website and in game. Then of course it takes months for a house to decay. -- Obviously you can see why we put this into effect, as 99% of the time the player has left Ultima and there house can decay.

Most people who take "breaks" (we all been there with UO) thinking they are quitting, then they come back.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

dollar

Unless something changed recently it takes 37 days to drop.

Voxpire

Up until the recent changes, there was a grace period of about 3 months before "the big IDOC day" whereby all houses transitioned to the new 37-day decay rules, taking the previous 37 days in to count.

IIRC there were around 100 players on-line that day hunting IDOC's.

As of then, all houses took 30 days before they would begin the standard 7-day decay process, during the 7 days, the times between the final stages of collapse are variable in length, totalling 7 days.

Code (csharp) Select

Register(DecayLevel.LikeNew, TimeSpan.FromDays(30), TimeSpan.FromDays(30)); // 30 Days Initial
Register(DecayLevel.Slightly, TimeSpan.FromDays(3), TimeSpan.FromDays(3)); // 3 Days
Register(DecayLevel.Somewhat, TimeSpan.FromDays(2), TimeSpan.FromDays(2)); // 2 Days
Register(DecayLevel.Fairly, TimeSpan.FromDays(1), TimeSpan.FromDays(1)); // 1 Day
Register(DecayLevel.Greatly, TimeSpan.FromDays(1), TimeSpan.FromDays(1)); // 1 Day
Register(DecayLevel.IDOC, TimeSpan.FromHours(1), TimeSpan.FromHours(8)); // 1 - 8 Hours

DamJ.NeT

My bad then for not checking. I left when you announced that current houses wont decay but new one will, so I felt safe. And yes, I took a big break :)

Horns Nigel

Aye, unfortunate, but we are glad you have returned, if you need anything please let me know...Nigel

DamJ.NeT

Thx nigel ;)
Actually I came to check around if my stuff were still there.
I'll be going for work again soon. But I might play some hours before I leave !

King Kong

My reply was a bit mis-leading, I was coming from the perspective of DamJ's case, where as it would have taken a couple months if he had left before that patch went in.

Vorspire's post is the correct data as of now.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Horns Nigel

Another good reason why we should encourage all players should read and or participate in the forum....Nigel

dadiator

Same thing happened to me, but I logged in last month. Any idea what gives? Love UO but having a family to raise now, I don't have much time. I thought the perma-houses was a great idea but I guess the IDOC hunters were a big factor in that not surviving.

Angel0178

Hey Kon or Vorspire, do the Luna houses stll decay faster?

Voxpire

No, all houses decay at the same rate.
I'm adding a feature to allow people to put houses/plots up for sale, that way they can market their house and trade it without being on-line.

Angel0178

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]