Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

INSIDE LUNA WALLS

Started by Christoph, February 20, 2013, 05:00:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christoph

Hey, was wondering if you guys could do something about the (abandoned) houses inside luna walls, more towards the south west side, most of those houses i've seen for years, and no change to the houses have been done, nor have they stocked vendors. now i know the decay's all weird now, but we should at least have luna with faster decay, or at least decay itself, so that other players have the chance to have vendor houses. (such as myself) Luna is the biggest vendor place, is it not? :P

suggestion by,
(new player helper) Christoph

Voxpire

I guess we can identify the houses that appear to be abandoned then simply move them to a location just outside of Luna, to give active players a chance.

Decay will be changed in the next patch and will work as follows:

A period of 30 days will pass before the house enters standard decay mode.
When the standard decay mode begins, the house will have 7 days before it reaches IDOC status, at which point it will take between 1 and 8 hours to drop.

Horns Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Gasper Le Marc

May i pweez has a house of my own,

To put up stolen stuff for ressel at a price offcourse?

:)

Will be patiently waiting for them to become avaliable, nothing better than house camping for idocs

Should make it a free for all when the house falls, full on pvp (theft heaven)

:)
Legendary Thief of Pandora

Christoph

Thank you Vorspire, sounds good :)

Saturn

Quote from: Vorspire on February 20, 2013, 06:29:29 AM
I guess we can identify the houses that appear to be abandoned then simply move them to a location just outside of Luna, to give active players a chance.

Decay will be changed in the next patch and will work as follows:

A period of 30 days will pass before the house enters standard decay mode.
When the standard decay mode begins, the house will have 7 days before it reaches IDOC status, at which point it will take between 1 and 8 hours to drop.

I suggest making an auction out of the inactive/sellable houses in Luna. Good way to drive donations.

And, under the re-introduced decay system, would a characters first house still remain ageless?
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Horns Nigel

Seems to me I remember seeing that players that have been here a long time homes no longer need to be refreshed?  Is this going to chnge?.....Nigel

Voxpire

The decay system will apply to everyone and all houses without bias, there will be no ageless houses unless by exceptional circumstances.

Oh, I've added a house painting feature too, it will be accessible under the Customize menu on the house sign for houses that allow them to be painted (I'll write up more info in the patch notes later) :)

Horns Nigel

Will the painting apply to all homes?...Nigel

Dwarvey

Oh crap. Now I gotta refresh my castle. No point in refraining from placing more properties.

Voxpire

No. Custom foundations can't be painted and neither can certain classic houses, but I haven't decided which look too ugly to paint yet.

Voxpire

Also under the new rules, Kon has decided to completely lift the limit on houses. Just means more work if you have a lot of houses.

Dwarvey

Well....I for one have actually kept it to one per account just for the Auto refresh.

Voxpire

We were also thinking about a new PvP battle for the PvP menu:

IDOC Brawl- A Free-For-All style battle where a random house that's within 1 hour of IDOC gets moved to a special arena.
The battle will start when the house drops and everyone can fight over the loot without fear of being killed and looted - there will be a re-spawn timer so you can keep going in at a decent pace when you die, which gives others a chance to get loot.
As soon as all the items have been collected, the battle will switch to standard FFA mode and will end when there is only one person left alive.

Thoughts? (this is a future idea we're throwing around)

Mercathane

In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]