Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Spell name overlapping character

Started by Marziti, March 18, 2013, 09:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marziti

I think it comes from razor, but when I cast a spell, the translated name of the spell appears as text across my char, e.g. In Vas Mani appears as Healing.  It is rather annoying and I've yet to figure out how to turn that off.  Anyone know?

Thanks,

King Kong

That does sound annoying!

Can anyone help this out? I know you can turn the spell label option off.

Razer is one of those great programs that has held up over time, but we did not build it... a 3rd party team did & they have no surfaced on this planet in a long time.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Horns Nigel

The worst part about Razor is that windows dos'nt support it, so when you have issues such as a conflict HP and windows tell me to go pound sand...Nigel   I'm convinced windows 7 and razor are causing my crashing issues, but with no support I will just keep killing my Comp with hard boots  OUCH...
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Thatperson

This is a nice easy one to fix :] simply go to the "options" tab in razor, look to the very bottom right and you will see the words "spell format" with a box you can type in next to it, by default it will say {power}{spell} all you do is delete the word that is not {power} and it will stop showing the spell name :) you can delete them both and have razor make the game say anything you want in replecement of the spell names, heck you could have "heeere comes johnny!" for every spell, hehe. remember you are the only one who sees your changes though, and other peoples spells will say the same thing on your game screen too so the novelty will wear off when you realise you have no idea what everyone is casting hehe

Thatperson

nigel, are you having white screen crashing issues? this is a windows 7/razor thing but it can be cured.. first you must disable desktop composition on both your uo client and razor. this will stop it happenning almost completely, though it can still occur.. The quick "on the spot" fix is to bring up your razor window when you get your white screen, go to your macro tab and play one of your macro's with the play button, any macro will do, this will pop your client back into life 99% of the time :)
hope this helps, i have no more issues with it these days but i used to have to fully restart razor and uo every time i looked at another window (like browser etc), it was driving me crazy

Horns Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Voxpire

I've been running Razor on Win-7 for a long time now and had no issues - but then again, I don't actually play the game so it's exactly using all the features that most people do when playing.

I don't actually have many issues with Win-7, I completely disabled the User Account Control (UAC) and have everything Run as Administrator by default :)

Marziti

Quote from: Thatperson on March 19, 2013, 05:22:09 AM
This is a nice easy one to fix :] simply go to the "options" tab in razor, look to the very bottom right and you will see the words "spell format" with a box you can type in next to it, by default it will say {power}{spell} all you do is delete the word that is not {power}

Tried that but no luck.  Tried replacing with other words, with empty {}, and just blank.  Nothing changed in game.  Wondering if you've got a different version.  I have 1.0.13.

Thanks

Thatperson

dont know what to say im afraid, seems to work fine when i change things in there :[

Marziti

This is what I'm showing.  I can right click the band to make it go away but until I do, it sticks on me.

Thanks

Thatperson

aaaaah i see, your talking about the casting bar, ok, go to your pandora toolbar and find the option that says "spellbar LOC" and move it wherever you fancy :)
job done

dollar

I had this same problem my first week, it drove me crazy as well. Like posted above the toolbar will do the trick.

Saturn

i believe there is also a command to get rid of that ( [castbartoggle ), or something like that. It should be under [mycommands

...Also, Thatperson, i had no idea you could fix that damn razor white screen of death. Its the main reason i switched to using auo. Which i prefer anyhow. It takes a bit more effort to make macros, compared to razor, but i love it.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Marziti

Quote from: Thatperson on March 20, 2013, 05:51:50 AM
aaaaah i see, your talking about the casting bar, ok, go to your pandora toolbar and find the option that says "spellbar LOC" and move it wherever you fancy :)
job done

Praise the Gawds!  Thank you!

Gray

I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people that annoy me.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman