Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 49.4

Started by Voxpire, August 10, 2013, 01:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voxpire

Will have to finish this tomorrow, need to get the new login info from Kon before I can patch up and it's already 7am here.

catman

Seriusly since when solid wepon like glaive has point blank range? Even if you hold it in hand you stil can do dmg with it so its natural, all this is just further more destroying any usage of gargoyles, isnt easier then just delete them ? its natural that bows have point blank range after all you dont fire up bows but arrows. If you just at begining nerf glaive dmg  nothing of all this would ever heppen. Now we goin in time period where you cant plan anything or do anything becouse who knows what can change next week. More  and more ruining balance of game itself then trying repair it. And god knows Vorspire how much just hours and hours of work you put in all of this. Everyone jsut want make usage of what they have thats all and never see biger picture what it wil bring. Ok hell yea. Ill behave like this too then, fuck the balance lets get wild!

zaxarus

Uhm i think also Gargs can use... melee weapons?^^
Tys

"My name is my name."

Cronk

that's crazy talk! everyone should use ranged weps, at all times!

seriously though it's silly to complain about balance changes.  UO invented FOTM (flavor of the month) for mmos, most notably when it came to pvp balance.  this usually meant weapons.

Electo Jason

Seriously glaives are ment to be the exact equal as bows so this is a good idea.  By not doing this to a glaive you would be giving Gargs an upper hand over humans/elves.  It is ment to be balanced so this makes perfect sense.  Also it is a lot more realistic try shooting a bow right next to a target and it wont work so well so this is exactly how it should be.  Either stay away from your target like a bow is intended for or use a melee weapon almost everyone has at least 2 weapons so I don't see the issue with this??  Fighting a monster that pulls you in?  Hammerpick/hatchet/spear still work very well.
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Keeblerboy

Vor thx for the answer to my last post.  No problem switching weapons and plenty to choose from. I was only looking for clarification.  As far as glaive vs comp bow the are not exactly equal otherwise they would share both primary and secondary abilities.  I like the slight differences between the two.  Besides who always wants vanilla?  One thing is for certain on Pandora. Things are always changing.  I've learned to roll with it and enjoy most changes.
Now "Show me the MONEY". Patch please and as Someone said  previously "imbuing party"...

Keebie

zaxarus

Quote from: Electo Jason on September 26, 2013, 07:53:14 AM
Seriously glaives are ment to be the exact equal as bows so this is a good idea.  By not doing this to a glaive you would be giving Gargs an upper hand over humans/elves.  It is ment to be balanced so this makes perfect sense.  Also it is a lot more realistic try shooting a bow right next to a target and it wont work so well so this is exactly how it should be.  Either stay away from your target like a bow is intended for or use a melee weapon almost everyone has at least 2 weapons so I don't see the issue with this??  Fighting a monster that pulls you in?  Hammerpick/hatchet/spear still work very well.

You might be surprised, Jason (^^), but i totally agree:

1.) There are no real physics on Pandora
2.) You can't take from one race and give the other one a freebie

The balance results by nerfing both weapons in their effectiveness at close range. So everything seems very much okay to me.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Electo Jason

Quote from: Keeblerboy on September 26, 2013, 08:53:19 AM
Now "Show me the MONEY". Patch please and as Someone said  previously "imbuing party"...

Keebie
Haha that was me party at my castle I spent 70% of the day yesterday craft unraveling and than unraveling those item to so I think I will be pretty good on mats :).
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Electo Jason

Quote from: zaxarus on September 26, 2013, 09:42:29 AM

You might be surprised, Jason (^^), but i totally agree:

1.) There are no real physics on Pandora
2.) You can't take from one race and give the other one a freebie

The balance results by nerfing both weapons in their effectiveness at close range. So everything seems very much okay to me.

I am surprised :)

I do see Catmans reasoning I mean yah if I was holding a glaive and couldn't throw it I would punch someone with it but this does keep it fair for all races.  I do like the small differences in skills as I like both MS on my Garg and also Moving Shot on EJ both have good uses.

Also though if you were punching with a glaive in hand I would still consider that wrestling be like using brass knuckles pretty much
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

catman

Why dont we just use normal osi base dmg for all wepons? that would be fair i guess and none shuld object on that

zaxarus

Quote from: catman on September 26, 2013, 10:54:57 AM
Why dont we just use normal osi base dmg for all wepons? that would be fair i guess and none shuld object on that

Because you cannot kill anyone with OSI base dmg on Pandora.^^

Tys

"My name is my name."

catman

really i saw only two wepons have diferent base dmg then on osi , first one is glaive and second is composite bow

Electo Jason

Quote from: zaxarus on September 26, 2013, 10:57:37 AM
Quote from: catman on September 26, 2013, 10:54:57 AM

Because you cannot kill anyone with OSI base dmg on Pandora.^^

You also gotta look at what Vorspire already stated the new patch will have higher health and regen imbues and new facet will have higher health items.

Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

catman

shuld i repeat that only two wepons have higher base dmg then normal jason? so what would change if you put them in osi normal abse dmg range? nothing would change thats what i am teling you.... just other wepons would be more usefull too

zaxarus

Of course something would be different... higher base dmg of glaive would still do destroying AI dmg...

Tys

"My name is my name."

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111