Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Imbuing, the life blood of the shard

Started by Cronk, September 11, 2013, 09:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Electo Jason

Or just Punch Out when they took Mike Tyson out and added Mr Dream.
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Horns Nigel

LOL, Hiya soda, yes I see ya all the time, see, you are getting your daily fix already  :D   Glad you are here as well as on the shard, I think Forums add so much to our shard....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Dwarvey

Quote from: Horns Nigel on September 12, 2013, 11:54:17 AM
LOL, Hiya soda, yes I see ya all the time, see, you are getting your daily fix already  :D   Glad you are here as well as on the shard, I think Forums add so much to our shard....Nigel

Agreed. I spend more time reading the forums than I can in game. Granted it's part of my duties, but even before that I was on the forums all the time. It to me is a better way to communicate with fellow players without clogging the global chat system.

Voxpire

I'd just like to throw out the fact that we still have an entire new facet to introduce to the game, which will see a major increase in imbuing resources on the market :)

Supply : Demand

Keeblerboy

Waiting with anticipation for that.   

Keeb

Saturn

I would like to take this time to paint a picture of how imbuing used to be:
- It would take you about 3-5hours (if you were lucky) of farming to get enough for 1imbue chance
- Your success chance was often 50% or less (but i feel like that 50% was a lie cause i failed often)
- You couldn't tell what the imbue weight or number of runes on an item were, you had to do the math, and often i'd botch the math somewhere
- The only crafting bonus was garg character or doni forge
- Rough stones and relics were only obtainable on champs, so you'd have to kill up to 5 champs for 1 imbue chance (just a 50% chance at best)
- The more you imbued and item, the higher the fail rate. like real high failure

My old imbue experience;
- I ALWAYS forgot to add SC on a weapon until it was done and i didn't have room, so id just cry
- I use an elven character, so i didn't get any bonus, so id failed alot, and id just cry
- It took me hours to complete one champ alone, and i often got raided, so id just cry
- I'd sometimes go partially blind from staring at the same monsters i farmed, and id cry
- I'd developed a serious complex around failure and crying (obviously my trend)

...So, unless you're spending your nights drowning in your own tears of imbuing failure, you'll do just fine.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Cronk

Quote from: Vorspire on September 18, 2013, 11:05:58 PM
I'd just like to throw out the fact that we still have an entire new facet to introduce to the game, which will see a major increase in imbuing resources on the market :)

Supply : Demand

i'm one of the many eagerly awaiting the new stuff, and totally enthralled with what you've accomplished here.  I have to say... the impressive thing to me is that for the first time in a long time, i feel like i have so many OPTIONS on stuff to do, instead of feeling like i should just go grind more balrons for gold or something.  (So of course i'm excited about the idea at what you're hinting here!)

I'm busily sorting through pcoin/o-coin mob loots, grabbing stuff to unravel, [grab'in after for trash coins, focusing on tasks like champs for ~hour, then moving on to other stuff or just chatting in game.  but what's great for me is that i have growth built into the whole process now, and i feel like i accomplish stuff whenever i go out and kill stuff. 

Which is kinda why I started this thread in the first place.  Imbuing is THE major character growth on the server, so (i feel) noobs either need options for buying imbues/imbued gear at reasonable prices or the ability to imbue their own stuff and grow their own infrastructure (i prefer the latter since it's a more gradual growth process... heck i'd even recommend some sort of reward system for destroying fully imbued items so they don't saturate the market, assuming it was easier for everyone to do their own imbues).  After having done it myself, I'd recommend making imbue PS's fairly easy to get a hold of, but make the increases within imbuing harder to come by... the easiest way to do that would be to remove gains on unraveling stones, imo.  that way people get gains only when they imbue stuff... it'll be slow work getting to the established position, but at least it'll be a slow-and-steady progress instead of this giant wall of "sorry no imbue PSs", and then a huge burst in growth once that wall is overcome.

last paragraph is merely my opinion on a kink i ran into in the awesomeness of this shard.  it's your (successful) server so obviously you have a much better feel for what's needed and what's not, i just figured i'd leave my feedback and let you do your thing, even if that's leaving alone imbuing.  thanks again for your hard work!

Ladibug

Thanks Saturn. I completely forgot how good we have it with imbuing now.  ;D
I <3 my Soul Family

Cronk

If people stopped worrying about progression after cars were invented because grandpas told stories about climbing hills both ways said "you'll be fine", we wouldn't have planes.

I don't doubt it was harder back then and that it sucked, but that doesn't mean what's here today is fine.  I'm actually OK with slow and steady progress myself (hell that's half of UO), but it felt like there was more of a wall and less character development with the current system... then I got my hands on some of the few imbue PSs left on the server and instantly shot up in power.  like, lots.

King Kong

haha love the boxer. So old school. - I remember that.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

ChickeN

here's another nightmare we had to deal with maybe even be for Saturn got here, but sometimes when you imbued an item at high intensity the item had a chance of breaking.. meaning you lose the item, and all the work it took to get it to that point.. I have to say i don't miss those days of the imbuing process.. you wanna talk about tear's... lool  :P

Horns Nigel

I agree, I dont miss anything about the old imbuing process, this is so much better and by the sound of whats coming it will be outstanding....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111