Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

BOD Timer

Started by Jags, April 05, 2014, 10:17:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jags

Can somebody tell me why the timer went from 10 seconds between turning in bods to 30 mins. I don't see any updates on the forums about this happening. It seems very extreme.  Thx

GM NollKoll

Havnt got time to make a patch note thread yet. Due to being a small server, setting it so after you hand in a complete bod, it will take 30min to get a new bod, instead of one instantly.

This is to stop flooding the market with low-end rewards from the bod systems, so prioritize what bods you want to hand in.
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Jags

Being 1 of the few who collects, sorts, fills and turns in bods i think the new timer is directed at me. I'm not sure what low end rewards r flooding the market. I just walked around luna and checked the vendors and didn't find anybody selling any rewards.  The only rewards that really sell are clothing bless deeds and runic hammers and i dont think they r low end rewards. If you want to change the timer from 10 seconds to 30 mins thats fine, its your shard but at 30 mins u can only turn in 2 bods a hour so the amount of rewards for sale will be 0. At that rate It will take a month to get a clothing bless deed or any other reward worth anything. So you will be going from flooding to non existent. And really the high end runic hammers and runic sewing kits r worthless because of imbueing. If i sold a cbd now it would be like 5 mil instead of 400k.  I'm not sure why the drastic change on the timer.

Islander

I strongly disagree with this change... We need to encourage more people to work this system... Not discourage them.... Jags IS the only person working bods and selling. It is already almost impossible to get CBD for example... I buy everyone I see because I have no idea the next one will be on the market....

Side note I would not agree with pandora market being flooded with anything except gold...

GM NollKoll

As i see it, the amount of "CBD" on the market will not be lowered, perhaps even increased.
You just need to prioritize to return large bods for good rewards, instead of throwing every bod you got at the npc.

And since you can have alot of alts, each getting a bod at low level blacksmithing, and complete those, transfer to your main blacksmith, return and instantly get the chanses of a much better bod.

Just make your priorities straight, keep those small bods for filling in large bods perhaps?
But..

GM NollKoll

Also you can turn in how many bods you want per hour, but you wont get a new bod for 30 minutes. Havnt changed the amount of bods you can turn in, just the amount of time it takes to get a new bod.

Edit: And what i meant with low-end rewards, is for example pickaxes etc, the things u get from turning in a boring small bod. And lowering the amount of those in the way that the player needs to prioritize now what bods should be turned in, so why turn in a small bod when you can turn in a large bod to get a better reward?.. Sure before you could turn in every bod you had, get the reward and a new bod, meanwhiles a players alt gets new bods, making all sort of bods extremly common for that player.
But..

Islander

I think the issues here is there are only 2 rewards really worth any thing... CBD and runic hammers,and  with imbues being being what they are runic hammers are only good to make non physical weps for pvp. Thus you only need dull copper hammers... Bigger hammers are 100% pointless. And the rest of the "large bods rewards hold little to no value... IMO the only large bod worth any bit of money are the CBD...

This really only effects one person.. Because honestly Jags is the only one to seriously work the system. I think we need to be adding incentives to the system not reworking times... And again about the market being flooded... I only know of one bod reward vendor and it is not well stocked..

Jags

So what your saying mr noll is that u need to have all 18 chars on your 3 accounts be gm so u might get a meaningful bod 1 time every 6 hours. So if u only play a couple hours a day you will only get 18 bods and out of the 18 most will be junk u can't use. It will take forever to get anything worth anything. I don't know how u can say there will be more cbd's this way. You said you can use your other chars to collect lower lvl bods and give them to your main bs and turn them in to get better bods well thats what i do but now my main can only turn in 2 per hour. There are lots of bods that don't go into large bods,ex. shields. They r worthless if you cant fill them and turn them in to try and get a better bod. For that matter u should take the ps trade in barrel out of the game because your doing the same thing. Trading junk in to try and get a better ps. There will be no crafters coming to this shard because of this. All the shards i have played or tried out none have had anything close to a 30 min timer. I guess this will be a pvp/pvm shard only.  You should just take bod's out because nobody will be doing them.  Heck nobody really does them now. This is like putting a gold cap on the pvm'ers.

Tyrone Biggums

On certain shards I have relied heavily on BoDs and this does seem extreme. Just my opinion

Larue

I think this strategy to reduce flooding will definitely work.  No one will bother with working bods.  I think you underestimate the immense amount of bods it takes to get anything meaningful from.  I have been collecting bods since I started a month and a half ago, and have received one large worth having....and don't have a single small to use in filling it yet.  I have only seen one person selling crafting related goods, and one person selling bods.  I won't bother with them now....just my two gold.

Horns Nigel

Maybe the answer is a compromise, In my 3 years here I have received 2 Valorite deeds, 0 Verite and a few aggy deeds, that seems very low to me.
Maybe we could increase the chances for some of the higher level deeds while leaving the timer where it is?  Just a thought....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Islander

all i know is we have gone from a "flooded market" to a none existent market in less than 2 weeks...

What is the future of player BOD sold items? Someone has to step and fill the void right? i tried to get a couple CBD pre-system changes and wanted to poke my eyes out after 2 weeks of getting no where close. Since the changes there has been one CBD for 5 mill, and maybe 3 super over priced bod hammers. I am worried to say they least.

JAGS COME BACK PANDORA NEEEEEEEEEEEEDS YOU!

GM NollKoll

ill take a look at the reward table and see what i can do, but atm it seems that everyones bod buisness was taken care of by one player.
But..

rocktuff

All the garbage bods one gets every 6 hours is useless to say the least why punish the active crafter whom get rewarded for turning in bods and working them.. the market in my opinon was never flooded and act I wish there were more low end stuff out there to buy.. such as sturdy shoves or pickaxes... if this change isn't reverted we on Pandora will never again see a Verite runic hammer or barb runic kits.. just like a pvm player is rewared for his work with scrolls and gold crafters are rewarded with bods plz reconsider this so pandoras only real crafter comes back with his vendors which we all used frequently
Long Live John Elway

Alifanfaron

I just happened to be browsing here (played Pandora for a very long time but left a while ago), so as someone with no stake in what happens, here's my opinion for what it's worth.

BODs were already an insanely time-consuming endeavor. The amount of work put in to collect a reward like a CBD is something that people take for granted. I won't even get into the higher end rewards that can take literally years to achieve on a shard of this size. If someone is willing to put in the time and effort in order to amass the amount of BODs necessary to maintain a viable vendor, it should be their right to do so. It seems like you've taken an already insanely tedious line of work and made it pretty much impossible, just because one person was willing to get good at it.

The system was fine as it was. 30 minutes to get a new BOD after you turn one in is ridiculous! If I still played here, I'd quit over this and never look back. Just my two cents.

Source: I did a BOD or two in my days here ;)
"Stop quoting things I never said"  -Maggdalena

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]