Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

A thought about Luna...the "Vendor Town."

Started by Ramante, April 01, 2010, 01:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramante

I see a lot of empty plots in Luna (as it has been for some time). This is just a thought, but maybe make it a requirement that people have vendors at their homes if they want to have a house there. It doesn't seem unreasonable, to me, since people see Luna as the "Player Vendor Town."

King Kong

Aye, not sure how to go about it. Ill put a sign and announce.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

King Kong

But my doubts are it just won't work. I dont agree with empty plots, but if players choose not to have a vendor, theres not to much I can do to enforce it, cause they could have a vendor and just never keep anything on it also

Ramante

That's true. Was just a thought. It's premium property and if someone wants to have a vendor, its a bit unfair that people who aren't selling things place houses there.

King Kong

Aye not sure how to be diplomatic about it though, because UO has free will - I will be putting in house decay on all houses evantually, but will take awhile for it to fall, so dont worry.

memnoch

I see the problem that as the shard grows, luna becomes a waste as it will only have a few vendors there.

At the current rate and taking into longevity the vendors will end up being spread all over the shard. In 6 mnths where will the vendors be ? we already have no room for new vendors in luna because of the large foundations that have been placed.

I accept that ppl see luna as the vendor town but its not going to remain like that for long because if we have 500 pl who have joined and they have vendors luna cant be used by anyone new.

I believe that the vendor setup is the ONLY problem here. Luna is finished now as a vendor town as there is no where to go.

Is it at all possible to actually have a vendor mall ? or have a limit made to the vendor house size (but its still a limited fix)?

This is something that i do believe needs to be addressed.

Everything else tho is very cool  :D

Dleatherus

hrmmm

i still have 3 undeveloped plots in luna that i placed as speculation that they would be worth something, and in the spirit of the free economy of UO, thought i could make some gold :-)

each of the three plots has it's house name "For Sale" ... i haven't been contacted once yet in almost 4 weeks about any of them

if somebody is wanting a plot inside luna, that doesn't have one yet, contact me

Dleatherus

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]