Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

fisherman's setup on pandora

Started by aalbiel, October 27, 2012, 07:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aalbiel

Hi, I'm new.
I'm a long time uo fisherman, and have tried hybrid etc. I have been a landlubber as yet here, but I have noticed some welcome differences. The first sea spider really got my attention...heh...sigh. I died. So any thing for suggestions on building a fisherman? what to expect? fire resist max? or is there more to it?
p.s. I like to play an archer, and would like to focus on that (i'm getting used to the idea of gm maging etc.)

Dwarvey

There are literally no limits on what you can do on Pandora. So go wild and build all the skills you want and need.

As for Fisherman in general........just like any other shard. You need to be able to survive what you fish up with nets.

And if you are looking for a group. Soul, SoP and NPA are all good options for groups of people that welcome and help new players.

Soul PM cleanyoursoul, or Minock
SoP PM Nigel Horns
NPA PM Michael Helmsly

Horns Nigel

Hails, Always good news to see another fellow fisherman, a lot of us are fishers and would be happy to help in anyway we can.

I personally like my Garg because of the throwing skill, being able to hit stuff trying to get away from me in the waters, so I would think bows would be just as effective.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Saturn

The sea spiders are little tanks, but they do have one resist that is far weaker than their others, (I cant remember which one that is, just use consecrate weapon). If you wanna focus on fishing, what i did when i first started was gm my magery, and set up a macro to fish for 15-20times, then summoned an air ele (cause they only take up 2pet slots, so you can have 2 of them), then say all guard. 2 air eles can easily take down any serpents you fish up, and they can cast, so if that serpent tries swimming away they will still kill it. In my macro i had it set to a "if" condition, that if i pulled up a serpent, it would stop the macro and scream at me to make sure i noticed what was going on and could go loot the serpent.

...Hope that helps!

...Also, theres a fishermans quest given by shmee, in the fel docks. (its not working right now, but is hopefully back up after the patch.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman