Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 44 - Feb. 3rd, 2013

Started by King Kong, February 03, 2013, 10:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mercathane

It's very much appreciated, if it needs to be in the battles format for stability reasons then we will have to deal with it.  Is it possible to have the first page look like the old resource box..square to click for ingots, boards, different imbuing items etc..we click on those and it takes us to the corresponding page?  Basically exactly like how when I type [battles I now see two items and a (5) next to the top choice..basically that would make it work in exactly the same manner with a different aesthetic?  Everything in the battles menus is nicely formatted so I'm sure the current resource box could have that quality to the menu. Thanks for your time Kon & Vor.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

King Kong

KEEP NOTE

All the Garden Sheds bought from Voting Tokens, Pandora Coins & Donator Hut have a lot of capacity, but are upgraded using Pandora Bucks.

The Garden Shed bought by the Special Trash Vendor at Luna bank & Insula has half the capacity & you can upgrade it with gold but they will always have half the capacity

Note that all of them are dyable with furniture dye tub

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Thaggis

Personally i dont like the new resource box layout, can it not be changed so that when you open it you get a list of categorys instead of the list of individual resources?

I really appreciate the work that has been done, but im not sure why time was spent on overhauling the resource box when it was perfect before the patch..

King Kong

Quote from: Thaggis on February 04, 2013, 03:36:35 AM
Personally i dont like the new resource box layout, can it not be changed so that when you open it you get a list of categorys instead of the list of individual resources?

I really appreciate the work that has been done, but im not sure why time was spent on overhauling the resource box when it was perfect before the patch..

It was far from perfect or we wouldn't have changed it. You just didn't notice.

For example the new resource box works like a bank, the numbers you see of resources are always there, but they dont appear in the world until you ask them.. This cuts SO MANY items down.

Ill ask Vorspire if he can make sections as an option... What kind of sections would you like?

Please page in game & I will give a full refund if you wish.

Thank you

Thaggis

Well, thats makes sense :)

It would be easier to navigate the box if there were menu's like

Ingots
Wood
Imbuing
Gems
Reagents
etc..
Pretty much all of the sections in the "filter by category" option

Voxpire

I'll spruce up the menu a bit, given people's thoughts on it. We just wanted to get away from the sloppy, messy code that was running the last version. A couple of people had put in bug reports on Descendants about the box, so it went from there.

The gumps we use now are very extensible, I've been working on a new way to design gumps (GML - Gump Markup Language) which will allow us to design gumps in an XML format and render them in-game on the fly without a server restart.

phaero

Quote from: Konstantine on February 04, 2013, 02:11:11 AM
Quote from: Ladibug on February 04, 2013, 02:07:22 AM
Thank you for the updates.

Can we get the resource box menu back to the way it was? The new menu is not good. Also i really don't understand why we now have to donate in order to put extra resources into our resource box.

No.

Can you please explain what is not good about it? The one you bought had a limit of 100k per item. That is how they always been and that is how this one is.

Now if you want to go over 100k, there is the option to donate for it.

Your call.

I believe that the old limit was  999,999.

Voxpire

We're talking about the limit per resource here, not the overall limit. Either way it doesn't matter.

phaero

I am also talking about the limit per resource.  I completely understand having to rework the code to decrease the code/item footprint but I don't like the idea of paying today for something that worked better yesterday.  (And by better I'm talking about the storage limit, not the menu design)

It doesn't make sense that I can take a log out of my box but I can't put it back in because there are already 750k of them in there.

**Just my 2c**

Thatperson

wow you guys have been busy since i went to bed hehe.. lots of good stuff, super happy about the peerless and champ fixes as thats my primary objective in this game.. lots of nice little touches too. good work guys.
I am however, gonna jump on the resource box bandwagon, i never noticed the limit before as i never put enough of one thing in there but the new menu is cumbersome and confusing and not in any logical order. i could cope with it if it at least was in alphabetical order so i know where abouts in the list say "mandrake root" is but it seems completely random atm..
anyway thanks again... big love!

phaero

Vorspire has already noted that he will spruce up the menu a bit so I wouldn't worry about it.  Maybe start a new post on how we think the new  menu should look?

King Kong

Quote from: phaero on February 04, 2013, 04:51:04 AM
I am also talking about the limit per resource.  I completely understand having to rework the code to decrease the code/item footprint but I don't like the idea of paying today for something that worked better yesterday.  (And by better I'm talking about the storage limit, not the menu design)

It doesn't make sense that I can take a log out of my box but I can't put it back in because there are already 750k of them in there.

**Just my 2c**

You get 100k per resource.

Maggdalena

So what happens with the resources over 100k that are currently in my resource box?  The previous limit was 999,999 per resource, not per box.  I can take them out but not put them back in.  (I'd say take a look at my box for confirmation, but I'm sure someone would say something disgusting).

Guess I'll take a look when I get home from work - if I EVER get home from work.  :(
Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

Voxpire

Any boxes that are over the cap will still retain the resources, but as you've noted, you can't put them backin if you extract and it's above the cap.

zaxarus

Tys

"My name is my name."

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]