Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Publish 44 - Feb. 3rd, 2013

Started by King Kong, February 03, 2013, 10:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraithe

As Always great job guys and great to see the technology of the shard ever expanding. I'm proud to be a veteran to this shard, and all the work and technology you guys add are what makes as Vorspire commented about, a 15 year old game as fresh as a spring flower!. ;)

My only request or issue not even really as I am always fighting for animal rights LOL(insert catchy PETA slogin song here), is there anyway we can get our Iron beetles back to what they used to be, I may be in and out alot lately working 40hrs or more a week now, but alot of my freetime is still spent here. I may not be aware so Im trying to tactfully request this option be put back to what it used to be, as a player coming up upon my 800th day on the shard, you guys who all know me know Im not much of a Pvper so i am not sure if the shrinking iron beetles with stuff in them option was being taken advantage of but alot of us PvMers really loved this option and I ask that you please may consider putting them back to what they used to be otherwise I have 15 iron beetles that really are not worth anything. I would as I have always asked like leashes back but well with a grin and a chuckle, I never made much headway in this department,. So after extensivly combing this subject I hope that I asked politely on a subject I would like to see brought back.

Also Kon I will be pming you about something here in the next few days so keep an eye open, Ohh and thank you, thank you, thank you, Kon for always looking out for my new to UO but not new to Pandora self, ;). In truth I never played UO before about two years ago, I found pandora and have never stopped playing, that in and of itself is an example of what a great shard can do to ones (especially my little pea ) of a brain!, thanks!
Arcane Librarian of WSF, Veteran returning to the fold slowly but surely, Nice guy and helper, PM ME TODAY IF I CAN ASSIST YOU

Voxpire

Your reasoning for wanting to be able to shrink Beetles is sound, therefore I will change it so you can shrink them even if they are carrying items.

It was never exploited as far as I know of, it's just one of those general safety features I add to the code to reduce the chances of lost items.

Venom

I would like to add in that Blue Beetles should be allowed as well, not just iron [don't be racist!] :)

Voxpire

The code works by checking if the creature has a certain type of Backpack, not by creature type, so this will apply to all creature that offer storage. ;)

Mercathane

Wraith, I dont quite understand why the PvPers would be blamed for any exploit.  In reality if im exploiting something the peeps im fighting are gonna post about it because i have a direct effect on them.  I dont think being a PvPer means your some nefarious cheater.  Joke or not lets not allude that a certain group of players are responsible for breaking the game.  We keep ourselves in check as stated above..who keeps the lonesome tamer in check if he finds a glitch/exploit and no ones around to see?

I do agree the old iron beetles were nice, but lets not throw a section of the playerbase under the bus without any sort of proof or documentation.

In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Saturn

...I didnt even know you could shrink pack animals with stuff on them... I just use a bank stone.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Horns Nigel

I never knew that either?  Lol   .....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Johana

I was going to bring up the subject of the beetles in the bug section but now I don't have too.  As a long time player here I have accumulated a lot if items and use beetles as a primary way of sorting my items (since you can name the beetle to a name of what its holding).  I'm am very please that they will be returning to their normal function.
Thank you Vorspire for listening to the players and responding to our concerns.

Cheers

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]