Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Motivation for forum activity.

Started by sandonato1400, July 07, 2013, 06:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandonato1400

I had the idea of an incentive based opportunity to promote forums activity. Simple solution, another coin store, Forum Coins, but, while giving a few tour guides to some Pandora newcomers lately, one realizes how we have enough coin systems.  Therefore, lets post some suggestions on how we could entice activity for our forum. I don't know about some of you but for me, I like to sneak on the forums at work and get updated  ;D Here are a few of my suggestions:

-1 vote token per X amount of posts
-a special lantern that increases in levels and "ambiance" as you reach certain posts benchmarks (I remember a request in the forums for some lanterns) perhaps 8 different lanterns and you get awarded a new one for each benchmark you surpass in posts. Of course level one would be pretty simple while level 8 would be more complex
-titles, not my favorite
- some form of specialized "knighthood" from the King himself, Kon. Again based on a level system.

Only thing is, do we all start from 0 posts if we kick this off or do we get grandfathered in and our old posts are respected? #nigel

ChickeN

well tbh, I have a promo macro I post in global all the time, no prize needed, and IMO why would we give items to players that are already using the forums, we're try'n to drive players to our site and our forums.. posting your favorite deco items or random thoughts just to gain a higher post count isn't IMO something that should get a player extra items, some players try to help grow the server in other ways and are on the forums but aren't big on posting, idk if this idea would be fair to everyone, but any idea's a good start.. sorry to sound like a Debbie downer...

sandonato1400

I agree with you, that's why it was more of a passive promotion and not really handing out useful gear but more novelties. Thanks for the response. Good perspective.

zaxarus

I have to agree... There are certain people who would just post w/o any content or rl information just to get a token or something.
Participating in the forums should be something you do by your own free will.

Personally I always register at Forums when possible. It was no question that I'd also register here and participate (hopefully most of the time in a clever way^^).
Posting a "I like that", "I don't like that" or "+1" is easy...

Tys

"My name is my name."

sandonato1400

I understand and have to agree with you, sometimes I forget about the trolls.  I will have more ideas and suggestions coming though, the idea and suggestions board may be my favorite part of the forums.

zaxarus

I like your work on the Forums, it's what we need, so keep it up. ;)
Tys

"My name is my name."

ChickeN

I agree... your making interesting post that get people talking and thinking.. plz keep'm coming!

Voxpire

I still have plans for a complete armory that will require people to be registered in order to use it, that should help. Especially if you want to refresh your houses, manage auctions and check your in-game PM's from the site :)

sandonato1400

+2 to the armory idea! If you don't know what it is I suggest you research it. Maybe next we can make a UOArmory App, hahahah. But seriously.

Horns Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]