Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

New Hardware

Started by King Kong, July 11, 2013, 12:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

You may have noticed we were offline for a few minutes.

Vorspire and I purchased a new server with a slightly faster processor so we are moving Pandora over to that. Also the live shards client is fully up to date now also, so make sure you go to your UO directory and right click on UOPatch.exe and click Run as Admin... Let that go all the way up.

With a new server, we start with fresh hardware and software. Like anyone, as we go, we learn. Rebuilding it from the ground up to be more efficient on how it handles you crazy fools running around.

Please keep supporting Pandora. The next publish is one of the biggest & one of the coolest, maybe the coolest. Thanks to all who have hopped on Test Shard to perfect it.

It will be here soon enough. TY for your patience.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Voxpire

Couple of small unexpected issues I'm taking care of, will be up soon :)

sadnoob

when will the shard be back online?

Endless Pain

I wonder when it will be back too. I am sure Vorspire is hard at work all night long cause he never gives up and we are grateful. Hopefully its almost all worked out and will be back soon. We would love an estimated time of arrival, but some issues dont work with a time frame. A wise man once said, "It will take as long as it takes"... But, the sooner the better :P !

sadnoob

yes i am sure :) cant wait neither im so bored an really like the shard :)

Voxpire

Shouldn't be long now, something strange is going on, Pandora boots fine on the old box but wants to wipe all players on the new box :P

/Sigh

Flint Fireforge

I am all about upgrades and new stuff  :D Just giving me time to catch up on my true blood's and a movie or 2 will keep checking back. Keep up the great work guys.
To be or not to be or to simply enjoy the game with good friends.

Endless Pain

i play unreal ... the really old one... sometimes when you set up the server it defaults the setting when you put it on a new or diffrent computer. its always some lil line in some config file somewhere that hides in the dark parts of the code... it sucks hunting that stuff down

Voxpire

Server is up - it wasn't a configuration error, I can't really explain what was wrong because I'm not sure... But I think it had something to do with the FTP transfer mode for file encoding and one or two things may have been modified by the FTP client because of it.
I ended up switching to binary transfer mode and migrating the entire shard a second time with the new settings, which seemed to work.

zaxarus

Some things just happen... because THEY CAN. ^^

Ok, anything more to do on test server? :P

Tys

"My name is my name."

Angel0178

Quote from: Vorspire on July 11, 2013, 04:41:55 AM
Server is up - it wasn't a configuration error, I can't really explain what was wrong because I'm not sure... But I think it had something to do with the FTP transfer mode for file encoding and one or two things may have been modified by the FTP client because of it.
I ended up switching to binary transfer mode and migrating the entire shard a second time with the new settings, which seemed to work.

"Hey that British kid is saying something really.... boring." LOL. No offense Vorspire, I don't actually know if you're British or not, but I recently saw that saying on Phineas and Ferb.

Thatperson

lol, he is... as am i.. im quite happy being boring.. if i wasnt boring i wouldnt sit on uo all day lol :D
long live boredom!!

Voxpire

Call me boring after I code a tag for your account that explodes your character every time you log in :P

Horns Nigel

LOL  I would pay extra to see that Vor  LOL.....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Falada

greets Fala

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan