Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Is this the place for me?

Started by Tnos, December 10, 2015, 12:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tnos

Some background first:
I played UO back from Renassiance to Age of Shadows and quit to play other MMOs, including some freeshards.  Came back about a year ago.  Quit and came back a month or so ago and it's just not the same and don't think I'm finding what I'm looking for.

I'm really only looking for something to play a couple hours a week and having a hard time justifying the monthly expense of UO for that amount of playtime and the lack of people to play with.

I have no problem donating. I played on Excelsior for awhile.  I like the F2P model that freeshards tend to follow, pay when you want to get something, instead of the regular monthly fee.

I spent some time on the wiki for Pandora and there is a lot to like.  Some unique things, but not that far off from regular UO.

How active is the shard?  I'd be playing from like 10 to midnight, EST, usually.

Not the biggest fan of unlimited skills but I can deal with that.

I looked into F2P games and none of them seem to fit what I want in a game. UO has always done that.

One of the biggest things I've always liked is the housing system.  Pandora seems to fit into that niche (town building seems possible).

So, how is Pandora?

Dwarvey

I think you may find that the community will keep you coming back. It's actually one of the best things about Pandora.

In any game it's the people you play with that make the difference. Pandora is unique in the fact that even in PVP the person who killed you will often offer you a rez and healing.

Welcome to Pandora. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Tnos

I have noticed that the wiki seems out of date?

I like the idea of having different classifications for housing and can have up to 10 per account?

What are the bonuses?

Dwarvey

One of the housing bonuses is through donation. You can link up multiple plot to make one massive house, and money pit.

You can also become and avid collector of all things deco, must like our very own Nigel Horns.

There is literally something for everyone here.

Tnos

Excelsior had the ability to combine plots.  It was pretty cool.

Housing has always been a big factor in games for me.

Alasen

i like the catagories too.  My home is Industrial, so i can get the +5 to crafting.. :P
Wandering around lost... always lost.
Vis-tiem wis'im se'eltan la bellia, Josclen dev edeva

Flint Fireforge

if you like huge houses you will be very happy. its a donation but can have multiple house plots connected.
To be or not to be or to simply enjoy the game with good friends.

Tnos

Quote from: Alasen on December 10, 2015, 04:51:40 PM
i like the catagories too.  My home is Industrial, so i can get the +5 to crafting.. :P

That's what I'm wondering and the wiki doesn't go into it.  What are the bonuses the different house types give?

And since can have multiple houses, can you have multiple bonuses?

Tnos

Joined up tonight.

Look for Culann

Currently beating on a training mongbat to raise some skills.

Can't seem to figure out how to join chat.

King Kong

I started Pandora over 6 years ago and strive for the best playing experience UO can offer. All staff here is within reach if you have an issue... We have many players who have been here since the shard opened and I believe we have one of the best communities of any free UO shard. It's really a special group of people.

We make starting out fun with elements of regular UO and bypassing the stuff that is just annoying with the countless hours of initial grinding before you can do anything. We have so much content that both players who have been playing 6 years and those only playing a couple hours a week can enjoy and choose from.

Pandora is the place for you.

Re: Joining chat -- You should already be joined. To chat use command [c and then say whatever you want.

Ex. [c hey friends!

[c
on its own will bring up a list of players online you can private message.

[mail
will take you to your inbox.

Let us know if you need more help.

Thanks!

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Tnos

Must be no one talking, haven't seen anything in general chat which made me think it wasn't connected.

Can bring up the list of people on.

King Kong

Quote from: Tnos on December 10, 2015, 08:35:23 PM
Quote from: Alasen on December 10, 2015, 04:51:40 PM

That's what I'm wondering and the wiki doesn't go into it.  What are the bonuses the different house types give?

And since can have multiple houses, can you have multiple bonuses?

Can a player lay out some of the basics of this?

Apologies for Wiki not being current on some things.. Pandora stays with the latest client and we always have the newest content, many things have been added since our last Wiki pass. Though it's worth mentioning that our shard publishes are full of many of the stuff the wiki is missing in detail when we added it.. If something isn't in the Wiki, do a search in forum for example: "Housing Bonus" and you will find information regarding that, etc.

Regarding No one talking... Sometimes players don't feel like chatting, sometimes there are full blown conversations going... But we put into a general moral rule that the global chat isn't a personal chat room, so many players will use private messaging over it when they are talking with just 1 or 2 players. But most of the time general questions, trades, shouts will come through global.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Tnos

It's all good on the wiki, lol.  I just like learning as much as I can before jumping into something.

treefer1

I just use one for the vendor rent discount, and one for the crafting bonus myself. pretty much all I need

Flint Fireforge

I will have to agree with Kong I have been on several free shards before coming to Pandora. I have been here almost 5 years now and this is it I'm home. Even if ya don't hear a lot of chatter on global don't be afraid to ask a Question. There is normally someone on who will give you good answer/advice. There are several guilds who will accept new members or just help out a new player. So if ya plan on staying or just looking around Welcome to Pandora.
To be or not to be or to simply enjoy the game with good friends.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman