Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Pandora's First Fishing Derby!

Started by Saturn, February 13, 2013, 08:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saturn

PANDORA'S FIRST FISHING DERBY!
In honor of all the work both Kon and Vorspire have put into the boating and fishing systems, i am happy to announce that I will be throwing Pandora's First Fishing Derby!

This is how its going to work;

The goal of this fishing derby is to catch as many big fish as possible. With the new  system, big fish are now tagged with your name on it. So from this point on, whoever can catch the most big fish by Sunday (ends February 7th at midnight shard time) will win! Winners will be announced and prizes dolled out on Sunday evening.
To be able to verify your catch, what you're gonna have to do is lock down a container in your house to drop all them fishies (big fish only) in and make that chest accessible to anyone. once you've done that, mark a run for that house and drop the rune in my mailbox (South Luna, the one with red stairs). Please write on the rune where the box with the fish is.

PRIZES!:

First Place;
10 Pbucks!
A Special Trophy from our King!

Second Place;
5 Pbucks!

Third Place;
1 MILLION GOLD

I will see about getting a little deco item for all participants, but no promises yet, till i can confirm that.

And don't forget, the only fish that will be considered valid for entry must be tagged with only one players name

Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Horns Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Gray

Crud...somehow I missed this one too :(.....bleh...Hope you hold another sometime :)
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people that annoy me.

Drake11

do the big fish still count if they are in small pieces? I do fish with dynamite so... lol
Imperator of Warcry [WAR]
Commanding Lord of the House of Targaryen

Horns Nigel

Yeah I know drak, please clean up all the fish guts you left on my lawn in monglow   lol.....Nigel

Saturn

Hahaha! No dynamite fishing!...Unless you pull up a kraken...

And Gray, this is on going! It ends this saturday by midnight. So you still have oodles of time, and because its all a roll of dice if you get any big fish, anyone can win!

...Also, if people would like, you can set keep you box with the fish in them locked until Saturday night at midnight. as to prevent anyone trying to steal your catch or cut them up. Or you can place it somewhere i can only reach using telekinesis. I just need to be able to see/count them. Not take them.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Arilindrial

*Grabs his hat and Pole*  I'll have you all know I come from a long line of fishers. So ya might as well give up now..  :P

Horns Nigel

"searches franticly thru all his old chests for big fish"....Nigel

Gray

oh very cool! It said it End Feb. 7th...sooo...but oh cool....*grabs pole and bait* I'm outta here!
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people that annoy me.

Arilindrial

*Waves his hand* These are not the fish you are looking for.

Saturn

Quote from: Horns Nigel on February 14, 2013, 08:10:22 PM
"searches franticly thru all his old chests for big fish"....Nigel

Ironically, i didn't put the hoarder factor into consideration on this. So we're going on the honor system here that its only big fish that you have caught since the start of the contest. I kind hope that the tag on big fish is relatively new and only appears on the more recent fish, but i can be wrong on that.

...Side note; STOP HOARDING!...I think i'm going to have to start some "Hoarders" or "Buried Alive" Pandora version soon...

Horns Nigel

Lol  u know I was only kidding Saturn, I did find one locked down in my moonglow home  and YES  it is tagged the same way, so there is no way to tell when it was caught.....no worries most of us are honest......Nigel

Saturn

Just a reminder, the contest ends tonight! So only the runes in my mailbox by midnight tonight or considered valid for entry!! And only the big fish caught from when the contest started can be submitted! Thanks!

dollar

Crap I thought it all ready ended. Hope to see this one again in the future.

Saturn

I might make it annual or seasonal. But i do like fishing derbies, so you can count on seeing them again!

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman