Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Been here under 5 months? Need your advice.

Started by King Kong, February 04, 2014, 06:40:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zaxarus

Sorry to interrupt, but

Quote2) Monsters need a tweak; They have like 100k+ hit points. No i don't think they should be easier, but take less time to do

You can't be serious.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

I have to agree, seems a bit extreme Saturn...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Saturn

Quote from: zaxarus on February 06, 2014, 05:25:39 AM
Sorry to interrupt, but

Quote2) Monsters need a tweak; They have like 100k+ hit points. No i don't think they should be easier, but take less time to do

You can't be serious.

Thanks for the input. Can't say I understand that point, but I'll take it.

My sole point is that I've had time to go out for a smoke and come back while my character is hacking away. Doesn't really feel like i'm playing anymore at that point. Also, newer players deal less damage, it must take them an awful long time to try an take down a boss. And if they die in between, good heavens, there goes there plans for an evening of adventure. I didn't say anything about difficulty, things should be strong (maybe a bit stronger than they already are), but I can't really be on board with anyone who thinks its a good idea (or productive) to spend 20-30min staring at a screen while your ai macro chisels away at them.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

zaxarus

The idea is:

When you are (fully) geared/imbued no single monster that does spawn on this shard (currently*) is a huge problem. So bosses shouldn't be too easy (fast) to kill.
A player with lesser gear shouldn't try to kill the "large" bosses anyway. So everybody sticks to what he is able to do.
Or not?

* The new lands and monsters will be harder.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

My apologies Saturn, In my early senility I misread your post and made assumptions of what you were saying, My bad, I will just head back now to my recliner and continue my drooling session, maybe pull up some websites for my future nursing home  ???..... Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Saturn

I only view the time it takes as a hindrance for me to do/join other activities. I don't view 'easy' and 'fast' as being synonymous in this matter. Nor do I wish for them to take 2 seconds to kill. I do, however, view 20min to be excessive.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

GM NollKoll

Currently underway with the "For Young & New" tab in publicgate system, feel free to suggest a location that might be nice for new players to know off.. I will add a small information house, so the players can learn about [c and [pm etc. But if you think or know a new player should know of "that" location, feel free to mention it to me here, or pm (ingame or forum). Duplicate or not (i.e. that location exists under another tab in the publicgate system, but for easier access, ill make a new accesspoint via the new tab)
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Islander

Quote from: GM NollKoll on February 11, 2014, 01:28:47 PM
Currently underway with the "For Young & New" tab in publicgate system, feel free to suggest a location that might be nice for new players to know off..

all they need is a gate to FALALALALA's house!

Saturn

We all know where I think a helpful place for all new players is.

King Kong

Quote from: GM NollKoll on February 11, 2014, 01:28:47 PM
Currently underway with the "For Young & New" tab in publicgate system, feel free to suggest a location that might be nice for new players to know off.. I will add a small information house, so the players can learn about [c and [pm etc. But if you think or know a new player should know of "that" location, feel free to mention it to me here, or pm (ingame or forum). Duplicate or not (i.e. that location exists under another tab in the publicgate system, but for easier access, ill make a new accesspoint via the new tab)

Noll you're sweet.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Tyrone Biggums

Wow this post reminded me of the day I started at New Insula. Man those were good times.

King Kong

Quote from: Tyrone Biggums on March 30, 2014, 11:55:08 AM
Wow this post reminded me of the day I started at New Insula. Man those were good times.

yeah they were, it's just not the same now though - That was when you had to train your skills so people trained there.. Kind of made people stick around.

Like I mentioned in a reply before, we have tried bringing it back, but people still hang in Luna cause of the housing convenience, etc.

Tyrone Biggums

Yea I completely agree but it was nice nostalgia for a brief moment  :)

pedrovsk

I would like to know for what purpose already start a character with all books, 100 in all skills, 100000 gold ... among other benefits.
is that I played in other shard and the dynamics was to start from scratch and work your way up gradually giving dynamics to the game.
but it is not a review, really liked Pandora, is that I am new to the game and would like to know the reasons for this such changes.
thank you
and divulge the max for my friends here in Brazil.
XD

King Kong

Quote from: pedrovsk on June 16, 2014, 04:00:44 PM
I would like to know for what purpose already start a character with all books, 100 in all skills, 100000 gold ... among other benefits.
is that I played in other shard and the dynamics was to start from scratch and work your way up gradually giving dynamics to the game.
but it is not a review, really liked Pandora, is that I am new to the game and would like to know the reasons for this such changes.
thank you
and divulge the max for my friends here in Brazil.
XD

We were the first shard, and really the only one still with full Stygian Abyss & most of High Seas. With that comes much more game exploration -- Mainly, the full and complex Imbuing system which all players must use to better their char.. That gives enough work in its self, so instead of making a UO player log in with nothing (as most UO players have done so many times, and it gets just not worth it after years) we give them what they need to survive, as they have a long and dynamic road ahead of them already.

We found, Ultima being the genre game it is, many players have played before and simply leaving your character away from keyboard to gain skills didn't add to the game as much as it once did.. Also keep in mind we are no skill cap, so you you are capable to getting to 120 in all skills from 100 with power scrolls and you must in some skills to move forward in the game in general.. And you must eat the scrolls in order, 105, 110, 115, 120 ... That alone is more dynamic and takes longer than getting 1 skill to 100.

I hope this gives you a basic idea of just a couple reasons why.. Let me know if you have any more questions. Thank you much for playing.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman