Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

oceanic coin prices

Started by ieshabones, January 21, 2013, 09:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ieshabones

I was wondering if these could be looked at and adjusted. Or raise the rate of getting them.

I think 12k coins for o sandles and robe of the sea is quite high.

If you can farm 50 coins and hour that's 240 hours to get 12000 o coins for just one of those. (that's a real long time for an average player)

If you buy them that's 24 million gold at 2k per coin. If you farm 60k an hour that's 400 hours.

I agree that they shouldn't be easy to get but that just seems like a real lot of work for them.

nosmont

ocoins cost usually between 4-6k these days... so your looking at 800-1200 hours, and thats if anyones selling.. which they arent

Gray

I have looked at the same two items...and just shook my head, I agree, the price does seem a bit high.
I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people that annoy me.

TheGrimReaper

Ofc you can donate for them. And remember guys the sandals are one of the best items and so is the robe so yeah you need to work hard for them. Plus if you are going to be a long time player you have a lot of time to collect them if not, there's no reason to try and get them. :)

King Kong

Quote from: TheGrimReaper on January 22, 2013, 10:30:43 AM
Ofc you can donate for them. And remember guys the sandals are one of the best items and so is the robe so yeah you need to work hard for them. Plus if you are going to be a long time player you have a lot of time to collect them if not, there's no reason to try and get them. :)

Exactly.

On a side note, some prices might be a bit high. I will look at them in the near future. But as far as the best sand, robe & things in the game. I have seen players buy them with O-Coins, it can be done. It's hard as heck, but that is one of the things on Pandora that should take a very long time. If things don't have longevity, than we don't have shard longevity.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Horns Nigel

Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Johana

910 days here, bought 3 pairs of sandals, robe, extra pet slot.  It can be done.   Game mechanics have changed but it still possible with time (a long time).  Remember you can trade in white pearls for ocoins too.  I never bought any ocoins at least not a substantial amount i can remember.  Now the robe of the sand is another thing,  I have killed so many sand crabs and never got a robe that I'm convinced that the robes drop rate is tied to something other than a statistical probability (percent chance).  At least you can work towards getting some of the oceanic artifact unlike the robe of the sand which is more of a gamble.

Mercathane

Some things do need to be difficult.   Anyone remember leveling a crafting skill 10 years ago?  It sucked. Maybe another "tier" of items could be added that isn't so time intensive.  But if everyone is able to run around in robes of the sea and pvp sandals within a week of farming then trust me every semi serious player will be running around in this stuff...which defeats the purpose IMO. 

I'm not saying it shouldn't be looked into but it should never be made quick as farming the actual mobs is easy.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Arilindrial

As much as I like stuff and getting stuff. I agree that that some things should just not be easy to get. Just takes the game out of the game and leaves you with no challenges or goals to work to.

Thatperson

@johanna. the robe of the sand is a predetermined decision and is spawned on it the moment it spawns, i am 185 days and had 3 now. the first one took a month and was driving me insane then i finally got one and got another the very next day! oh how i laughed. havnt had one since for a very long time but actually got one only today would you beleive  :) works on the same principal as a crimson or tangle, always spawns at the very bottom of the corpse because its the first item developed and has no interest in your suit luck, it is purely odds based i promise.
iv still yet to see a crimmy though despite hammerin shimmering effusion every day or twice since iv been here but my mate has had 2 peerles ones within 3 months!! and they were within a few weeks of each other.. hehe.. one day ill find mine :)

Saturn

I think the price is a bit high aswell, but i get it. The sandals are by far the best sandals on the shard...I wouldn't mind being able to see a few ocoins in sos chest tho. Seems like alot of people are hoarding the sos and not using them. Or ive seen them for sale in luna vendors for super cheap (1k), so that would bring value back to them as well as a potential increase in the market/availability of ocoins for sale.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

Mercathane

I do like that idea Saturn.  I'm not a fisher myself but that's the type of thing that would lead myself and probably others to experiment with boats and such.  I just hated them 10 years ago and haven't revisited since.
In words are seen the state of mind and character and disposition of the speaker.

~Plutarch

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]