Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

skill ball

Started by lockmasterg, July 04, 2012, 04:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lockmasterg

Just wanted to get opinions about which skills are skill ball worthy. Of course taming is always first as its a hassle. What others do you prefer?

Angel0178

I get asked this question all the time (New Player Companion) and everytime I tell the person "It depends on what you want out of this shard." I would suggest Imbuing as one of the 90 skills because let me tell you, Imbuing is a pain to raise for most people. Also, taming is kind of a good one to use for 90 simply because it is so tedious. If you intend to garden, or use potions rather than spells, alchemy is a good bet because it is so reagent intensive (ie: you need so many to gm it, or if you want to pvp, poisoning. There's your 90. 75, a combat skill is usually a good bet because durability is lost when you're banging away at the training ellys. One of the trade skills (ie: Tailoring, Blacksmithing, fletching, etc), and possibly lore. Most of the others are easy to raise, unless I've missed something. Another good thing about the trade skills are that you can sell your completed stuff back to NPCs in some cases for gold coins.

Kanes

I found that if your going for the taming route, magery is a must at least 75 to use the recall spell effectivly.

Training on ellys is very simple and the glass city weapons are plentyfull. So i bi-passed any combat skills. Except maybe Parry, which is the only one that cant be trained on ellys.

There is also spell resistance as it is invaluable when going fighting mages.

As the good man Michael said any of the craft skills are very usefull, for getting them few extra pounds needed at the start.

Founding member of the Lost Souls (Soul)

Stavros

Personally, combat skills are too easy to raise at the ele's and go back for another starter weapon if you need to.  I never realized the training ele's put a beating on any of the weapons anyway.

ieshabones

if it where me the skills I would choose would be between alchemy, poison, taming, carpentry, fletching, chivalry. the rest seem to be easy enough to raise.

Jiggy

IMO Poison,Imbuing,Taming, Tinkering, Carp, Lock picking, in that order

Horns Nigel

Imbuing, taming, poison, lock picking and stealing... the trade skills are all pretty fast and easy to gm... Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111