Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Factions shall know no facet!!!

Started by Jar Jar, August 28, 2010, 09:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jar Jar

Ive noticed that every man and his dog have faction robes on, which is cool. But none of them seem to be participating in what factions is about i.e sigils, pvp and such. They simply grab the hci/dci robe and go hunt in termur for arties where they are safer than safe.

Jar's proposition:

I propose that if you are a member of a faction that you be attackble in all facets whether it be trammel or felucca (not insula of course). This will make sure either those currently in factions for the wrong reasons will stay in and learn what factions is really about or they will leave and let those who really want to be in factions for the right reason join. Any other thoughts/ideas?

Mahavira

Factions are supposed to be the battle for FEL.

You're also forgetting the negatives. There are no guard-zones in FEL. Also, if hunting with friends in FEL who aren't in the same faction, they cannot be resurrected by them. Faction stat loss, etc. Besides, all those PvM'ers get killed by faction members wearing those robes, seems like an unfair advantage.

It's just a 7/7 robe dude, chill out  :)

Jar Jar

Im chilled dude, Sunday arvo with a few beers couldnt get any cooler :P

The robes are only one side of it. The fact that players who only pvm are taking spots in these factions means that genuine pvpers who are now coming to the shard in higher numbers cant join factions because the numbers are already filled with ppl who dont actually participate in sigils + more. Pvp in all facets may or may not be the best solution, but we definately need a fix for it..

Bobby Digital

I agree with you Mahavaria that it's just a 7/7 robe..

BUT I agree more with Jerry's second post. Every Trammie on the server is joining factions and taking slots that pvpers should be in just cause they want a robe for hunting. In my opinion they should either be killable anywhere outside insula/luna or have to leave factions and Donate for the robe with HCI/DCI that they're all wanting.

Astax

Give everyone a robe with 50 luck you can only wear when not in factions.

Mahavira

Just delete the robe. Only people who want to pvp will join factions  :)

Nikodemsky

im also for remove hci/dci from faction robes(some of u can think that im hypocrite, cause im wearing one, that's was cause my guild master was join faction and the robe was the only positive, just one day left to remove from faction :) )

as we have imbuing, donation items with dci/hci etc. and talismans with various adds, we don't need that robe, just left factions for pvp players and it'll be good for all of us :)
Nosthalgia[/b] - Tamer/Bard/Archer(and whatever can be helpful in pvm ^^)

Deadmau5

QuoteThere are no guard-zones in FEL.

There are guard zones in fel.

I made a topic about this same thing months ago.  You can join factions and hide in tram for the rest of your life and see no pvp.  Whats the point in allowing that?  Factions are designed to promote pvp.

Mahavira

Not for faction members. That was one of the disadvantages I listed.

Aaliah

I really agree that 7/7 hci/dci is not alot, but stack that (if you're in the faction that controls towns) with 7/7 from town control, and it's quite a bit. Tho it's not the main issue imo.

The problem with trammies joining factions is that they take the places of genuine PvPers, as said before...
[e scream

Domos

It it funny to see someone in noob gear wearing a faction robe, king of like a bum in a BMW funny.

Kellyn

It definitely sucks that Trammies are taking Faction slots. The only fix I can really think of is finding a way to disable the robe stats in Tram or make them unequippable in Tram. Another IDE would be a membership timeout, like if you don't do something faction-related (I.e: kill an opposing faction member) in a certain period of time, you get kicked from the faction. Not sure how difficult it would be to implement, but those are my thoughts.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman