Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Super Noob Questions

Started by Edren, August 18, 2011, 08:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Edren

Hi there.

I have been playing this shard for a little over a week now - maybe more. I am no newb to Ultima but the old server I played on was designed completely different and a lot more buggy this one, hence I am really enjoying my stay here.

I have some stupid questions if anyone could help me out here.

1. Item Identification, when does one use it? On my old server there were magic items in the loot ie. it would say "Magic sword" that you would need to identify. I have not done much yet besides Despise and some of covetus and I just see normal items. So when do you actually need to ID an item?

2. Housing. Where abouts would a buy a normal little house, not one that you design but just a general small house and how much does it cost?

3. Thieving. Are there thieving restricted zones? Like towns etc? I just need to know when to watch myself. Also what happens when you get stolen from? On our server there used to be a .arrest command. So what should I do if i do get stolen from?

That is all I can think of for now as they are three thoughts that popped into my head.

Thanks for this server, again, I am really enjoying it!

Godric

Quote from: "Edren"Hi there.
1. Item Identification, when does one use it? On my old server there were magic items in the loot ie. it would say "Magic sword" that you would need to identify. I have not done much yet besides Despise and some of covetus and I just see normal items. So when do you actually need to ID an item?

2. Housing. Where abouts would a buy a normal little house, not one that you design but just a general small house and how much does it cost?

3. Thieving. Are there thieving restricted zones? Like towns etc? I just need to know when to watch myself. Also what happens when you get stolen from? On our server there used to be a .arrest command. So what should I do if i do get stolen from?

Item ID is a dead skill - it isn't used any more. Levelling it can raise your intelligence though, I believe. All loot on the server is identified automatically.

Buy a house placement tool from an architect in a city - there is one just north of the wall to the north of Britain bank. Use the tool to see an outline of set houses - or plots for custom builds - and it tells you the price.

Can't help you with that last one, I think thievery is restricted to PvP zones - so pretty much all dungeons, Illshenar, Malas and Felucca... but I've not investigated this here yet.

Hope the above helps and maybe someone can clear up that last one, and correct any mistakes in my other answers (I'm new here myself  :) )

Edren

Sweet. Thanks for the help man! :)

Gasper Le Marc

Welcome , yes thievery on this shard is a wonderful thing if you are stolen from i take no responsibility.

alas i forgot to introduce myself, well there is plenty of time for introductions later.

Looking to making your acquaintance in due time,

Good day

Gasper Le Marc
Legendary Thief of Pandora

Maggdalena

I do believe that dog has fleas!   :twisted:
Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

Godric

Quote from: "Maggdalena"I do believe that dog has fleas!   :twisted:

Did I miss something? lol

Maggdalena

Thieves morphing into dogs must surely have fleas :)  

Do you wear a flea collar Gasper?
Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

Godric

Quote from: "Maggdalena"Thieves morphing into dogs must surely have fleas :)  

Do you wear a flea collar Gasper?

Okay now I understand...

Angel0178

He oughta wear a bell so we can hear him coming. Silly thief, belongings are for the player ;)

Edren

Quote from: "Gasper Le Marc"Welcome , yes thievery on this shard is a wonderful thing if you are stolen from i take no responsibility.

alas i forgot to introduce myself, well there is plenty of time for introductions later.

Looking to making your acquaintance in due time,

Good day

Gasper Le Marc

Hehe can't wait :P

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin