Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

keep over-patching HELP!

Started by blackmoredio, August 20, 2011, 05:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackmoredio

I have installed and uninstalled like 5x. the problem is that i keep over-patching past 161. i have my finger on the mouse and watching the patch intently, as soon as 161 is installed and it starts to go to the next patch, i click cancel as fast as i can, but i keep missing it or something, it does the next 2 patches very quickly, and i am overpatched. any help with this, i guess if it was the old days of dial-up, the next patch wouldnt dl in 2 secs and i could stop it in time.

Godric

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded the file on the uo.com website, I just let it patch and it patched up to the version Pandora use and no further - has their been another update recently?

blackmoredio

I downloaded from the link on the pandora website, had it to 161 once then i accidently started the patcher, now i cant get it back. looked on the uo.com site, didnt see a download there, mine keeps patching to 163, cant cancel it after 161 is installed.

Godric

Try http://www.uoherald.com/downloads and select classic client. It's 7.0.15.1 so not far behind, took me a few seconds to patch iirc. Make sure you don't delete the file, that way if you screw up you can uninstall and open the file to start again :)

blackmoredio

Okay, I have installed/over-patched/uninstalled like 20x now. I even started a bunch of other downloads at the same time i was patching to try and choke the bandwidth on the patcher so i could stop it in time, but no deal. it goes from installing 161 to installing and finishing 163 in a nano second, its impossible to stop it in time.

the file you linked seems to be the same as the one i have, but i will try it. thx

nope, same file, same result. maybe they came out with a new patch, guess ill keep checking back here to see whats up.
keep patching to 70163, cant stop at 161

Godric

Have you tried running it once you've over patched?

Maggdalena

I'm having the same problem on my laptop.  If anyone knows of a way to get it to stop at 16.1, please share :)
Don't ask too many questions about what goes on at Alifanfaron's house on Weird Wednesdays. You might not be prepared for the answers.

blackmoredio

yes Godric, I have tried to connect with version 163, it says it cant connect either because i entered the wrong pw, or because there is a new pach that i dont have. (i think its cuz i have version 163 and im trying to play on a 161 server.) doh! :shock:

I did go onto a server last night that uses the install version, no patching required, but there was like 1/3 the population pf pandora.

Thx for the help I will keep trying to figure this out. :)

Godric

Have you tried killing the process instead of clicking the cancel button on the patcher? I'm just thinking out loud here and running out of suggestions  :P

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman