Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

How to connect 3d?

Started by Dreablin, October 02, 2012, 02:50:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emerist

Don't know how to edit my last post put the link for UOSALoader with the cheese.cfg/.dll has been updated on the wiki. So it available over there with the 3d set-up steps.
*Throws computer off closest bridge*

Voxpire

The missing gump text for the gate and tool bar isn't actually missing, it's being obscured by the buttons which are supposed to be in the background layer of the gump (out of sight) - seems like the EC is drawing the buttons last, regardless of their intended depth - I'm not sure how I could fix that, but I will try.

If this theory is correct, it should also happen with the resource box gumps.

wickedfox

Quote from: Vorspire on May 03, 2013, 11:55:18 AM
If people manage to get the EC working, logged-in, etc, I'm happy to modify the server code in order to reduce the amount of glitches that appear when using it. Most of them appear to be caused by differences in the packet structures for the two clients.

I managed to get logged in this time, but it glitched pretty bad right away so I'll put off using it for now.  Everything in my bag was missing except for my head slot armor.

Quote from: Horns Nigel on May 03, 2013, 12:16:18 PM
I personally never cared for 3D on UO, but i never cared for everquest either, i like the old school look of UO....Nigel

I'll use both Classic and 3D probably, mostly to see all the artwork I missed.  I'll be in Classic most of the time.  I had the same reaction to EQ.  Played for a month and immediately went back to UO... and then SWG appeared and I just couldn't resist.  The force... it was too strong.

Quote from: Angel0178 on May 03, 2013, 01:25:54 PMAlso, WickedFox, you have to place the loader files in the UO Enhanced Client folder in Program Files.

Yep, that did it.  Should've thought of that... derp.
~ Wicked Fox, Sira, Summer Rain ~

Emerist

Quote from: wickedfox on May 04, 2013, 12:12:31 AM
Quote from: Vorspire on May 03, 2013, 11:55:18 AM
If people manage to get the EC working, logged-in, etc, I'm happy to modify the server code in order to reduce the amount of glitches that appear when using it. Most of them appear to be caused by differences in the packet structures for the two clients.

I managed to get logged in this time, but it glitched pretty bad right away so I'll put off using it for now.  Everything in my bag was missing except for my head slot armor.
Did you go to settings > user options then under the legacy tab and check all four option to use legacy mode ? Grid view don't work right so everything seems to be gone but is all stacked in slot one. Once you check all four options and restart the client it should look like mine does in the screen shot and work fine.

wickedfox

Quote from: Emerist on May 04, 2013, 02:23:11 AMDid you go to settings > user options then under the legacy tab and check all four option to use legacy mode ? Grid view don't work right so everything seems to be gone but is all stacked in slot one. Once you check all four options and restart the client it should look like mine does in the screen shot and work fine.

Thank you - looks fine now!  :)

Emerist

Quote from: Vorspire on May 03, 2013, 08:42:00 PM
The missing gump text for the gate and tool bar isn't actually missing, it's being obscured by the buttons which are supposed to be in the background layer of the gump (out of sight) - seems like the EC is drawing the buttons last, regardless of their intended depth - I'm not sure how I could fix that, but I will try.

If this theory is correct, it should also happen with the resource box gumps.

Your theory is correct. resource box's do the same thing as the tool bar.

wickedfox

I don't suppose there's another easy fix for 'MISSING STRING' coming up for all options in left click menus?  Like when I click myself?  ???

Emerist

Nope that is something server side I think. That was the context menus I referred to in one of my other post. I haven't had much time on the EC but have played with most all the options and still get that. The ones that aren't grey work but you just have to remember what they are from 2d or guess. I can say I was not able to find a vendor that buy worked only sell and train.

sebastian

still nedeed server usaloader !!

Emerist

It is able to be downloaded from the wiki.

http://www.pandorauo.com/wiki/index.php?n=Main.3dClientSetup

There is also basic help to get you going once logged in. Just remember it is not supported. So there are some bugs and glitches. Most that have been found are listed in this thread or on the wiki with any fix's if they can be fixed client side.

Angel0178

Be warned, if you are still trying to use the EC, that the IP address in the cheese file is now inactive. I have got the new IP address and will send it in to the Wiki writer to update the file. Looks like they have fixed the context menu issue, however, and it may be just my comp, when you get near a place with a lot of deco, you lose connection. No idea why.

Reapertwitch13

Where do I put the the missing dll file?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman