Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Ammount of data needed to play...

Started by DamJ.NeT, July 31, 2014, 12:09:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DamJ.NeT

Hey everyone !

I currently am far from home, and I also happen to have a bit of free time these days, so I'd like to come back on pandora...

My problem is I don't have unlimited internet here, but a certain ammount of data (yeah that suck, can't believe this still exists nowadays)

So my question is, any idea of the how much data is required to get client + updates to play pandora ? If I remember correctly the client was around 600mo, but for the updates I have no idea.

Thanks for answers, and if it's not too heavy, see you soon :D

(Sorry if this is the wrong section but I don't really know where this topic could fit)

Tyrone Biggums

I just checked my UO folder that I used to switch my computers and it's 2.25 gigs. It doesn't have anything besides UO in the folder (not UOSteam or anything) so I'm thinking that's just game and patches. Hope someone else can check to verify.

DamJ.NeT

Damn I expected it to be quite big, but not that big...

GM NollKoll

If you got a laptop, you could always try go to a internet cafe for an hour or 2, fix the files (meanwhiles looking extremly busy writing a book or something)

Then go back home and enjoy ^^
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

DamJ.NeT

Lol :D

Well around I know of McDonald's but I don't feel like spending 2hours in there (at least, I don't know what connection they might have) or the library with a 500MO cap...

Doesnt matter I want to come back, so I just tried dling the client and installing... But the instal is a few megs, and I don't have uopatch in it, only uo.exe and it does nothing when I try to run it...

Investigating...

EDIT : Well it seems it randomly decided to pop up and run after a while when I was checking forums :) Updating right now... See ya when it done...

Btw quick question, last time I logged on, I only stayed a few minutes... I was really pissed about losing my house and everything in it... I just didnt receive any notice, and I didnt read forums assuming it was ageless as stated before.

Well I'm kinda over it now, c'est la vie, but is the bank the only "permanent" storage now ? Cause mine was full last time I checked :D

I don't think I'll be able to refresh my house often enough starting next month, so I think it's pointless to get one to hoard stuff I'll lose again...

Balinor

Your bank and your backpack are the only permanent safe storage.   Since you can have up to three accounts create a couple pack mule characters on the other accounts and get a small house to camp them in.   When you find items you want to make sure don't loose log them in and fill them up. 

A character can hold up to 1000 items and 10000 stones in their pack.  A couple storage characters should work great for your situation. 

DamJ.NeT

Yeah I thought about muling, thanks for the advice tho, I didn't know a char could carry that much...
Has it been changed ? I have memories of being full around 500+ weight before...

Horns Nigel

Aftern I finished college I took my first job in Maine and moved into a very small community of less then 200 people.
The phone system there consisted of "party lines", so I feel your pain of limited internet connections.
Its a shame with modern technology there there would still be places on this planet without modern ammenities.
If you need any help when you do come back please drop me a line, I will be more then happy to help ya....Nigel

BTW, for those of you under the age of 30, party lines were common in rural communities, basically anyone could listen to anyone elses calls and you would have to wait for others to end their calls before you could make a call.
I think this is why everyone in those times new everyone elses business...
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

DamJ.NeT

Ahaha that's crazy :D I'm almost 30 and never heard about that :p

Well the thing is I'm in Australia right now, and that country is huge compared to the population... If you're not in a "big" area, the internet is meh... specially if you're not "permanent". Where I currently live its only 12 or 24 month min. if you want to open a line, and it costs quite a lot so...

Anyway, I'm using mobile broadband... Expensive, not always trustworthy, but it gets the job done, I got the client all patched up right now !

See you in game :D

Balinor

I'm over 40 and never heard of a party line, but just two years ago I lived in a township in Ohio and our only internet possiblities were a 200.00 a month satalite connection or hot spot off my phone.   Playing on a pk heavy t2a server sucked when your internet was hot spot.   

Balinor

Quote from: DamJ.NeT on July 31, 2014, 11:08:23 AM
Yeah I thought about muling, thanks for the advice tho, I didn't know a char could carry that much...
Has it been changed ? I have memories of being full around 500+ weight before...

How much you can carry before suffering stamina loss is based directly on your strength.   But a characters back pack can hold the amount I stated above and you can even move at a walking pace with no problems.  And the back pack will alllow you to go overweight till it reaches its max item count or weight. 

DamJ.NeT

Well last time I played was almost 2 years ago, and I swear I couldnt carry more than 50k gold in my backpack, it just wouldnt pick more.
But its better now, farmed some paragons chests, had 100k + 3 or 4 chests in my pack no problem ehe.

So is there any items worth looting in "nomal" packs now ? Looks like new players are set right away with ok stuff, even some imbue mats.

My stuff used to be good but now with those tiers etc I don't even know anymore :)

Lots of reading to do...

But quick questions :
- Why does the box on the left hand side that appears for special messages and XP gain (really nice addition by the way) says for example "Fight over : 120xp" but my items don't get that much xp.
- I cannot remember the command to see the stabled pets... I tried [claimlist but it doesnt work.
- I randomly got a platinum bar, I guess for having 50k+ in my backpack... Any special thing you can do with that ?
- Is Kitty still playing ? :)

Thanks for your answers, good to see that the community is still very helpful !

Tyrone Biggums

1. The xp is spread out thru every item.

2. Goto stable master. On in luna an type claim list.

3. Platinum bar is if u pick up over 50k. U can dbl click it to turn it into gold pile.

4. As far as I know yes kitty still logs on jut not as much.

DamJ.NeT

Thanks a lot,
Last one and I go to bed, what's the color code for the items now ? The wiki seems to have the old one...

I don't really get it, Idrops shitty hats that are pink but some better jewels/other are light blue... And the best items seem to be 'golden' now ?

EDIT : And the grab option ? Before it used to just delete every corpses around and give you 50% of the gold... Now you can set items etc... Funny thing is rough stones are designed as coconuts :D
I put some items for the fun but didnt actually tried... Is it gonna do the job allright ? Do you get half or every single drop ?

Dewo

Also question: Is it actualy posible to use [grab and [graboptions to grab anything else besides gold and trashcoins?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman