Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Anyone have ideas for gold sinks?

Started by King Kong, January 19, 2015, 09:59:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Anyone have any ideas for simple and effective gold sinks in game? Ways to make players spend more gold overtime fairly to help gold economy.

For example: next reboot the [myhouses command costs more gold to use then it did. Not a lot, but enough over time will help. -- Taking simple suggestions like this.

Don't even think about mentioning trading gold in for Pandora Bucks either lol.

Thanks.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Tyrone Biggums

On osi you needed to pay gold for a ticket to get into prism of light. You can still buy the ticket here but you don't need to. That could get changed. Also the need to use a rope to get into the proximus dungeon and machete to get into blighted grove. Have a vendor that sells the items in front of the dungeon to make things easier for everyone.

GM NollKoll

-Bask in the glory of Noll 1m gold per 5min
-A ingame signed book by Noll,  5m gold
Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Tyrone Biggums

So if I give u 6 mill I can get a book and have 5 mins of your precious time uninterupted? Is the book a special color? Can it be the volcano color and look like the book of truth?

zaxarus

Short Term Things

- Place a Vendor Stone, selling Pcoins for about 1 week, then remove it. Minimum purchase is 100 Pcoins, maximum purchase is 1000 Pcoins per purchase. I am very sure people will buy. Atleast i would.^^
Make it 3 k per coin.

- Place an Item Repair Stone (short term because this might need testing). You click it and for XY amount of gold all items you are wearing (Armor, Weapon, Glasses) will be repaired.

- Place a "Stone of Fortifying". You click it and for a huge amount of gold your stuff will be powdered. Smaller amount of gold for +50 durability, much more for max. Also: Short term, since it could disturb the powder of fortifying business.

Long Term Things

Create a shop, like donation or pcoin store, "The Golden Store" (or something more creative^^). Selling stuff for gold. No doni items of course, and only a few of the pcoin items.

Suggestions:

- Pet Res Potion (10 uses, then it's gone): A blessed potion that can res your pet when it's dead. 30 k gold.

- Pet Bonding Food: 5 k gold

- Pet Heal Potion (10 uses, then it's gone): A blessed potion that can heal your pet. Smaller amount of healing than doni version. 40 k gold.

- Seeds of Renewal (Imbuing Resource for Regenerations, has a very bad drop rate): 10 Seeds for 100 k gold (= 1 use).

- "The almost everlasting but still disappearing Bandage": A blessed bandage with 100 uses, then it will be gone. 1,5 mill gold.

- Empty Bottles: You always buy a bulk of 100. 3 k gold per 100.

- Runic Tinker Tool 15 uses: 750 k gold. (Officially they don't exist, but should be possible to make.)

- Sand (for Glassblowing): You always buy a bulk of 50. 50 k gold per 50. (No clue if this price is good or bad though^^)

- Skin Dye: 750 k gold.

- LRC Sandals: Sandals with 25 % LRC, blessed. 2 mill gold.

- ToT Joker Deed (1 use): After turning in 10 minor ToT's and you get crap this deed gives you another turn in (also random of course).
You need to combine the deed and a greater ToT, give it to some kind of quest NPC in the same room. You will receive a new random greater ToT. Could be good or bad, a cool purchase or waste of gold (so a gold sink atleast^^). 1 mill gold.

- Blank FC 1, FCR 2 jewels (FCR 3 is max you can imbue, so not perfect yet): Nothing else on it, not blessed. But especially newbies get their casting speed. 30 k per piece.

- Lucky Robe: A Robe with 111 Luck (imbuable is 100, all deeds are higher, it is higher than the 2 ML Robes with 95 Luck), blessed. 1 mill gold. Perfect when starting a suit and you don't have or get something else.

- Vermin Slayer Talisman: Hard to find in the world, useful, not blessed. 2 mill gold.

Tys

Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

Make a new vendor where we can buy pieces which can then be crafted into new deco items....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

King Kong

Quote from: GM NollKoll on January 19, 2015, 11:48:37 PM
-Bask in the glory of Noll 1m gold per 5min
-A ingame signed book by Noll,  5m gold

LOL. Nice.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Thatperson

A true gold sink needs to be consumable.. items and trinkets are cool but once you get them you lock them down and wait for something new to be made.
Temporary bonuses, outside the current realms of possibility are what's needed.
For example, you set up a buying stone that accepts mil checks and gives, lets say +5 to all stats for 3 hours. you could have several of them offering different boosts like one with 1000 luck, or 50 sdi or +5 to all regens. these are nice usefull bonuses but not game breaking.
They would need to stack on top of things like potions and not be overridden by them so they are always worthwhile. (e.g. bless and potion bonuses don't stack but sweets and pies do)
Could even use sweets as the medium. we already have sweets from events that offer stat buffs that stack on top of potions.. could make a pandorian sweet shop that sells sweets with 5 more stats than the current ones offer.
you could have cheaper short lived ones that newbies can afford and expensive long duration ones for end game vets with nothing better to spend their money on.
this way any character can benefit no matter how new you are or how finished your toon is. there's always room for more stackable stats :)
this would be a true gold sink as the money disappears and the bonuses wear off after time so you keep going back to spend and top up.

Drake11

personally, i believe that it needs to be some kind of deco items (like old event items that are no longer obtainable)... very expensive though.... it will make some older players irritated that their items are no longer as rare but its the best way to get a gold sync in game... my reasoning coming up:

- the temporary buffs are a nice idea, however it gives me the pay to play feel a bit (sure they are temporary and only use gold, but a new player showing up and seeing the stone may get the feelign that all they do is just farm gold and get stats... perhaps a stat stone like only for new players?)

- tys had some nice ideas but i do not think that this is the way to do it... selling items currently obtainable by players also gives me a pay to play kind of feel and devalues certain other items like runics and pcoins (if youre buying pcoins from a stone, youre not buying them from a player even if its cheaper because its more hassle and the value of pcoins via another player would be a set value and drop from there... runic tinker tools are a nice idea... however it should be something acquired via the tinkering skill and not a gold options... those that enjoy crafting should be able to get them over someone who does not want to craft as much... among other items that i think it will devalue greatly to sell them off a stone for gold)

im of the belief that it cant be something acquirable in game or else it just devalues everyone elses time and effort, while those items would be nice, it just further breaks a very fragile economy on pandora. the crafting market on pandora is already pretty much shattered, among other markets for items that should be high value that aren't and items that should be low value that aren't

an example of something i was thinking: the old deco items like santas reindeer/sleigh... throw the reindeer up for 10 mil a piece (or a random one for 5 mil a piece) and the sleigh for 20 mil... make them expensive but make them obtainable if someone is willing to dump a ton of gold... (all the old event items would be a good way to absorb a ton of gold back into the shard rather than our checkbooks)... it may devalue the older event items etc a bit however i think it's better to go that route and make them insanely expensive (that way no one who sells them would feel their collection is devalued) rather than to sell items already obtainable in game or items that boost your character as per the "pay to play" feel and further devaluing the pandora economy.

Imperator of Warcry [WAR]
Commanding Lord of the House of Targaryen

Tyrone Biggums

The reason I like Draks idea is because when my castle fell I lost alot of items I doubt I can ever get again because no one wants to sell their old rares.

zaxarus

I'd like to say i like all the ideas.

The shop was just an idea to have a "constant" gold sink, since there is always a player who needs something, followed by the next player etc.
But i get that it might be bad to offer stuff you could also buy from a player.

About the deco:
Also a nice idea. Still, you have to be a deco fan to spend money on this. Is everyone? I know that i am not. There has to be a super great magnificient deco item or i won't pay one cent. :D

Tys

"My name is my name."

Thatperson

I disagree completely drak.. If your looking at things like that then you could say the whole world of uo is pay to win.. You either loot what you want or you buy it. Anything for in game gold is fair game. When someone tries to sell in game items for bucks people dont like it but the idea of doni style bonuses (albeit to a lesser extent and temporary) for in game gold is pay to win? Hmm
If anything the already existing doni house and people like me with 666 shrouds is the pay to win aspect.. Offering a viable alternative for those who look at doni house prices and say no way not for me is the exact opposite of pay to win. It could even serve as a bridge for people to use till they are ready to donate.
Also minor bonuses like luck for doom runs or +5 stats or regens are so trifling they barely make a difference other than to make you feel better. My strength with no buffs is 327, adding 5 to that on a temporary basis wont break the game.
The bottom line is a "true" gold sink does need to be consumable, by all means add deco, but ultimately it wont cut it in the long term.

Drake11

by all means i get what youre saying... it was more of a short term gold sink idea but yeah... and my thoughts arent about how it actually is... i know this... its more about the appearance for a new player... that pay to play thought turns alot of people away from more of the mainstream games

zaxarus

But Gold is something everyone can get, easily. So it would be an alternative to get some lesser stuff for gold, until you can or are willing to donate.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Drake11

just as an example... if i have the option to buy a bandage with 100 uses for gold... im just going ot buy a bunch of those instead of donate for the everlasting bandy, ya know?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111