Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Options for Better voter turnout.

Started by Keeblerboy, July 08, 2012, 08:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keeblerboy

I had some ideas about getting better voter turnout. I suggest different rewards ie ps credits to collect and trade in for ps  or something like that. Extra bonus should be given if you vote 5 or 10 days in a row.  Kinda like a loyalty bonus. Offer something that would make people want to vote regularly. I dont think the current gold and pcoins entice people enough anymore.   Another interesting idea might be unique Deco.  Perhaps like minor tots the could be traded in for nicer deco.  I know that would get me more interested.  I hope this is helpful.  Long live Pandora!
                         Keebs

King Kong

I like this & I will have Vorspire look into it.

The real issue tho is just basic principal. We work around the clock, provide a free & interactive game, shard, server, & experience. All we ask AT ALL out of people is to take 1 minute out of each day to vote for us to help bring new players.

It's sad we even have to offer a reward for that.  :'(

But all good. -- Ty for the post

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Keeblerboy

Point taken. I will make an effort to vote daily regardless of changes made to voting system.  Look for more ideas/suggestion to come.

Keebs

Horns Nigel

I too like the general idea, but also agree for what we are getting for free you would think people would go out of their way to vote...  Alas i too have failed in this effort most likely due to my onset of early senility, but i am trying.....  he he
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Stavros

I would prefer receiving the same award from each stone or just more pcoins.

I voted all 6 stones and received 1 pcoin and a total of 3000 gold.  Why not 6 pcoins and 3000 gold?

As a critic.  The Pandora wiki is a bit lacking from the other shards above it on the Top 100 list.  I would recommend someone spend a little time on there identifying some of the unique changes to the server.  It's great to see all of the Artifacts and whatnot but you can get artifacts on any realm.  People tend not to answer questions in game either because they do not know the answers or because they are doing their own thing.  UO guide is somewhat deficient for the Pandora server.

I like the player communities (NPA, SOUL) and others.  Magicina would be a great player run town with a little bit of community there.  It's seems abandoned at the moment.  Since the guilds get their own towns maybe give the guild leaders options to reward people of voting or give the towns the ability to earn resource credits or expand their town boundaries with their influence on the shard maybe even give the guilds a subdomain off of pandorauo.com (ie npa.pandorauo.com) to advertise guild activities, organize events and entice others to defect or those not in a guild to actually join one.

How do the Top whatever list work anyway?  If other servers have greater populations they will get more votes.  Seems a little unbalanced to me.  Also for families in the same house.  Does everyone's vote count if multiple household PC's are voting or do the number of legitimate votes have a restriction against a single IP.  Does the mac address come into play? 

Sorry for rambling.  I would like to understand how it all works though and I would be very interested in assisting with the server (maintenance, events, wiki). 

Angel0178

I like the player communities (NPA, SOUL) and others.  Magicina would be a great player run town with a little bit of community there.  It's seems abandoned at the moment.  Since the guilds get their own towns maybe give the guild leaders options to reward people of voting or give the towns the ability to earn resource credits or expand their town boundaries with their influence on the shard maybe even give the guilds a subdomain off of pandorauo.com (ie npa.pandorauo.com) to advertise guild activities, organize events and entice others to defect or those not in a guild to actually join one

I like this idea (as recruiting officer for NPA, are you really surprised :) ) Also, in the old days, there were only five stones, and the reward was a total of 12500 gold, and 5 pcoins. However, people were farming the stones and it was unbalancing the economy so it was lowered.

King Kong

LOL

This is the saddest post ever.

I should never have to ask people to vote. That's ridiculous. Take 1 minutes compared to our countless hours & do it.

And if anyone wants to add more to the Wiki, contact me, and I will pay you Pandora Bucks for your time and efforts.

and take Magencia over. -- ! I am all about it.

:P

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Stavros

Don't get me wrong I, the Pandora world is great.  I'm coming back to UO after an extended run in WoW and trying to relearn a lot of stuff that came along in expansions after I left.

I set up my own server prior to coming over to Pandora but playing UO alone just wasn't the same.  I could one shot the harrower, decorate to my hearts content but the community is what makes these games what they are.

I'll send you a PM about some of the other stuff.  No need to put it in the forums, sorry to do so in the first place.

sejindarkwolf

I love Pandora, and I try to vote everyday, I consider it a free bag of regs that we always need. However, the sad truth is you are in competition with other free shards, so yes you will have to ask and advertise...do what ever it takes or people will just go to a different shards.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman