Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Lament on Ghost Cams

Started by Mahavira, August 09, 2010, 07:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mahavira

Let me start by saying that I don't mind player killing at all. I haven't been pk'd in weeks and I'm in FEL all the time. I was attacked a few days ago, but that didn't turn out too well for the pk's. I'm also for more FEL areas: Tokuno and the Abyss to start. More chances for players to run into each other, under FEL rules, makes game play much more interesting. My problem is with Ghost Cams.

A reasonably size PK guild, could very easily set up ghost cams in all the high traffic areas. Champs, Doom, Blighted Grove, Bedlam, Dojo and Mines, etc. Instead of actually checking these areas, from the safety of Insula, they can log onto another account, then check an area, log onto a different account, check an area. The delay would be minimal (five minutes for two spot checks?), with 10 cams total, per person!

This was corrected on OSI in Publish 59 and, officially published on all shards on July 14, 2009.

Publish 59
* Players can no longer log out without repercussions in Champ Spawn regions.
---- Players that log out in a champ spawn region will get teleported to a shrine.
---- If a player logs out in a champ spawn area all the non equipped "cursed" items on them will drop to the ground.
---- This will only affect players who log out beyond the 10 minute grace period; accidental disconnections will not be punished.
* Ghosts without corpses cannot enter Champ Spawn regions or log in to them.
* Ghosts without corpses will be automatically exorcised periodically.

This could be implented in all FEL areas. I'm thinking primarily of Champ Spawns, Doom(!!!), Blighted Grove, Bedlam, Dojo and Mines. Maybe for the Champ Spawns, make it for all T2A and FEL Dungeons. That shouldn't be too much work?

Astax

Ummmmm so you are complaining about something that MIGHT happen, but has not actually happened to you?  BTW a reasonably sized PK guild can also check all the spawns on their mains just as well as with a ghost cam.

Vaden

Hrm? I'm certain some guilds have some ghost cams set up at certain key locations. Even recall a pk talking about his own in vent so meh.

Mahavira

Astax, of course it happens, and of course they can check those spawns manually. That's what I want. I want pk's running through FEL to check them. If not, they sit in Insula and check their ghost cams. Only way to find them is to set them up.

Seriously, what kind of response was that?

Kontact

id say it probably wasnt obvious to alot of pvp'ers but this thread just informed every player of the utility of ghost cams so i imagine you will experience their wraith more often now lol i would have perhaps paged and made a quiet suggestion than posting it on the forums

Helvinr

With GM Spiritspeak, you can see ghosts, whether they're tabbed into combat or not. On a no skillcap shard, that makes ghost cams worthless. They know you're watching them. You know they're watching you. Then they split. Done deal.
Send me a PM if you need any help or find me in game via the [c command =] My name is Skald!
________
I\'m like Robbin Hood. But with a lot of robbin\' and I don\'t have a hood. Yet. But I steal from the rich and give to.... my bank box. That counts, right?

Helvinr

Also, there's a counter to ghost cams in champ spawn areas. The exorcism spell. Mayhaps modify it to affect ghosts everywhere who have no corpses?
Send me a PM if you need any help or find me in game via the [c command =] My name is Skald!
________
I\'m like Robbin Hood. But with a lot of robbin\' and I don\'t have a hood. Yet. But I steal from the rich and give to.... my bank box. That counts, right?

Mahavira

Who splits? Why would they remove their ghost cams because you know they are there? If you were to alter the exorcism spell for all over FEL, they would still know someone was at a particular spot, simply by logging in.

You expect people to run around the map using exorcism on all the ghost cams? Why not make it automatic. There is no reason why it shouldn't be. I understand that the staff is overworked, but in the future, I think this should definitely be implemented, especially in Doom.

How are CoM members or like minded individuals, supposed to find reds? I run all over FEL in PvP gear looking for them. I see blues constantly, only time you meet a red is when you're hunting in PvM gear and they try to gank you. Make them check manually, I don't think this is an outrageous proposal and seems very sensible.

insaniti

It's a valid point and something that needs to be fixed or responded too.  

If anything all he's trying to do is increase player to player interaction.  Now isn't this what we play MMO's for?  

Look its not that hard to ghost cam and gm speak doesnt help.  You can simple hide your char and log there. No one will know that your there.  

Would you drop a top teir spawn just because you saw a ghost?
  Why not add the risk back into being a PK.  Otherwise you'll never run into one alone.

Doesnt seem that he's against PKs just against an unfair pvp advantage.

Nikodemsky

i see this that way:

on any dungs, ghosts that not doing anything will be kicked out in 30-60 minutes(Gaunglet included) - we have that on last server ive played and works well for all, red have acces to all areas(except tramm if im not wrong) so this one thing wont affect that much on them.

not problem with champ areas, cause there u can use necro's exorcism
Nosthalgia[/b] - Tamer/Bard/Archer(and whatever can be helpful in pvm ^^)

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman