Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Halloween 2017 Event **Ended**

Started by GM NollKoll, November 03, 2017, 03:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM NollKoll

What alot of you have been waiting for, this years event.

First of all, i would like to inform you all about patching your client before venturing into the dungeon,

for both monsters and deco rewards, i have used some of the latest arts/monsters.
In the first days, the gate leading to the event area will take a detour above Umbra, a small ledge with a goblin statue, if you can see the goblin, your most likely fine. (The goblin will also be named with the atleast when i patched, current patch.. so have that or later, and you will be ok!)

And since you might not patch often, i will also write a small guide on how to patch:
1. Find your uo directory, find where your uopatch.exe is located (you could do a computer search if your unsure where your uo directory is located)
2. Run uopatch.exe in admin mode, right click and press "Run as admin"
3. Then the patching will begin! wait until you see the Ok sign, dont press OK since we are not the main servers!
4. Not necessary, but recommended... Re-apply (or apply) Large adress aware on your client.exe
check no6 in my mega troubleshooter guide
http://pandorauo.com/community/index.php?topic=12145.msg35882#msg35882
Even though you might not have an issue with "out of memory", the fix will still help with other wierd crashes etc.
5. You are now good to go! Use the orange moongate at Luna bank!

OK! to the main course!

Welcome to this years version of halloween event, eventhough quite late (i know im usually a tad late.. but.. yea extra late this year... but i was on vacation)

Lore wise, to those  that wants this, since im sucha great story teller, right?
After messing with time, with the timetrips to eodon and causing a tear in time with the cause and effect switching place with the knight of eodon, with it loosing its head, time is starting to repair itself.
Time itself, while healing, will cause some great, powerfull effects.. A diachronical sheer, while negative in nature, the cause of these effects is stresses in the timeline, trying to correct themself. (Just like ice can crack, or hear cracking sound in a frozen lake)

So, to the dungeon itself! And how this will affect you!
The dungeon is mixed with some hallowed monsters, some other monsters thats spooky, but also some unique monsters. Eventhough their hp can vary from 1000-2500 with low resists, they should be quite easy!

Except one monster.... Stay away from that monster... but dont worry, that monster wont attack you, aslong as you dont attack it!

There might even be a stealable in the dungeon!

Droplist:
Stone diety: 4* types of trophys/statues + 4* of the same type of trophys/statues animated (rarer)
spider: 2* types of skeletons, facing both directions, one type of skeleton being slightly rarer than the other
scorching daemon: a scarecrow* + a animated scarecrow* (animated being rarer)
ancient air elemental: a stone  statue* + flame statue*

stealable: (secret, two for now, but might add more later)*

*All decos with a star, got a rare chance of being dropped with a rare hue.

So.. Whats up with this diachronical sheer then?

Every X amount of minutes pass, you will notice a warning. (It will be a global warning, so.. sorry those that aint participating (if you pass on this opportunity for some strange reason?)

The dungeon will be divided in 5 areas, and not divided perfectly, mind you. South, north, east, west and center.
When you hear this warning, take heed and make sure you are not in that particular zone. You will have roughly 15-45 seconds to evacuate the affected zones.

When the diachronical sheer effect takes place, everything inside that zone dies. (The zones wont be marked ingame, but both you and monsters will get a overhead message if you are being affected by the diachronical sheer effect. See a monster without the overhead message? then your most likely fine there. (Or at the entrance)

Rumours also say there is a way to become immune to this effect, but the downsides are unknown?
And the way to counter said unknown side effects, somehow can be ailed in the beginning of the dungeon. (Strange that i know that something unknown can be cured?)

The event will last roughly a week or so, the automatic hallowed event will last until Nov 11th, so might have it open until that date. Possibly a day or two longer/shorter, depends on players luck with drops.

Also, to stay true to khaldun, even if its not really the real dungeon khaldun... You cannot revive inside the dungeon, only in the safe zone

Rules
-Have fun!
-There will be felucca rules, but as always for these type of events.... Feel free to pvp and pk, but try help/leave young players alone. But also trying to exclude a player or group of players is also against the rules. Fight them once or when needed (if they are cocky)
-I will leaves rules open, incase i forgot anything, but yea not much rules, have fun and behave.. pvp and pk in moderation, but try let everyone have fun.

TL;DR (too long, didnt read version)
-Patch up!
-Stay away from the regions of the dungeon mentioned during a broadcast warning, you will die*!
*You can become immune.. with a side effect...
-Fel rules (even if its in trammel), but behave, try let young players enjoy it.. try let everyone enjoy it.
as in, Pvp/pk a bit, but dont exclude player(s)
-Keep away from a certain monster, and the diachronical sheer effects..

update/edit:
Info on the third and final stealable.. Which is located in the east area!
-You need circle of transparancy
-You need to find 15 clues (could be good if you use notepad)
-Legendary stealing
End of hints for this epic dragon statue

Its hard to please everyone..
But..
I think i can say im among the best people teaser that exists at the moment.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman