Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Unraveling stuff

Started by dollar, April 02, 2013, 07:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

I think Drake11 & Thatperson has some great points.

Vorspire's addition to imbuing he told me about is pretty sweet. It will create a better end game for vets while not shutting out the new players.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Horns Nigel

Can't wait to see it, still currently trying to figure out how to get the max imbuing out of my current equipment, .....Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Dwarvey

I can't do much with my equipment yet. The new system shows crafted armor resists at runes, so I don't have enough room to add the new stats. Hopefully Vor won't forget.

King Kong

Quote from: Dwarvey on April 10, 2013, 06:30:05 PM
I can't do much with my equipment yet. The new system shows crafted armor resists at runes, so I don't have enough room to add the new stats. Hopefully Vor won't forget.

Well at the point wouldn't you get a new item? -- Not sure how Vorspire worked it out with you guys. But sounds like you would want to start with a fresh piece anyways at good base stats and imbue from there to get the full effect in the long run.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Wikit

the rune count went from 12 to 15 on armor to make up for the resists, you should have plenty of room.

Dwarvey

Quote from: Wikit on April 10, 2013, 09:01:47 PM
the rune count went from 12 to 15 on armor to make up for the resists, you should have plenty of room.

I didn't see that since I work 2 jobs and rarely have more than a few minutes online at night. I 'll check it out this weekend.

And Kon Vor said he was going to set the new system up to ignore crafted resists which would put crafted armor on par with artifacts.
Artifacts currently don't show any rune count for resists at all only properties. Hence why I was waiting

Horns Nigel

Yeah job has been crazy for me too lately, guess its just a sign of the times....Nigel

Voxpire

Quote from: Dwarvey on April 11, 2013, 09:15:59 AM
And Kon Vor said he was going to set the new system up to ignore crafted resists which would put crafted armor on par with artifacts.
Artifacts currently don't show any rune count for resists at all only properties. Hence why I was waiting

We won't be making resistances ignored for crafted items;
Crafted items are constructed with bonus resistances, not base resistances.
Artefacts are constructed with base resistances, not bonus resistances.
Only bonus resistances are counted by the imbuing system.

I think it was implemented like this originally on the basis is that crafted items are only supposed to take you so far.

Dwarvey

ok......Gotcha. Artifact suits it is then

Thatperson

correct, each piece has a base resist and anything over is counted as a property, lets say as an example you runic craft a piece that has 15 base resist and it comes out with 17, that extra 2% will be considered an entire property. if you use a removal rune on it it will only take the extra 2% off and leave the original 15 it should have. if you unravel all the resists on your crafted armour it wont remove them, but it will put them back to thier bases, then you can imbue the ones you want only back on at max intensity. with the added intensity headroom you will be able to seriously beef them up one at a time rather than having little 5%'s(or whatever) all over all resists taking up property spaces

Dwarvey

Actually.......That's how it works in theroy, but in practical application. Not so much. No worries though. I'll just scrap my suit and replace it with artifacts when possible.

Oniel

Quote from: Thatperson on April 02, 2013, 11:03:05 AM
We get better mat returns unravelling individually now anyway and with rough stones available to all now I hardly see the need for whole item unravvelling.. Either way its definitly no biggie anymore :-D

Avalible to all!? you mean those who PVP...

Walker

What does PVP have to do with collecting rough stones? If you are referring to the fact that the stones drop only in fel, there are an infinite amount of places that are clear to farm them that no one hunts. I'd like to see more fel interactions myself, but I enjoy PVP.

Horns Nigel

I'm confused?  Please tell me what unraveling and pvp have in common?.....Nigel

Thatperson

Because rough stones spawn in fel, but there are tonnes of places in fel where you wont bump into anyone, you dont even have to leave the protection of the town guards, killing mongbats in moonglow still has the same drop rate as anywhere else

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman