Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

New Vent and IRC

Started by Dwarvey, July 16, 2013, 11:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dwarvey

Quote from: Vorspire on July 15, 2013, 08:53:42 AM
I think one of the problems was that we cut off a lot of our social services, like Ventrilo, IRC, etc. Well here's the good news - I've spent the last few days setting up a private vent for us to use, it has 500 slots and we also own and run our own private IRC network now (no more Mibbit crap)

VENT:

vent.pandorauo.com

IRC:

irc.pandorauo.com
#PUO

The newest and most up to info for Vent and IRC.

Use them to get to know your fellow citizens of Pandora.

Thanks Vor, and Kon.

rocktuff

Can anyone attest to why Pandora vent is not working yet?
Long Live John Elway

Voxpire

I've been trying to diagnose the issue with the vent not transmitting for about a week now to no avail.
There is very little documentation or support for the issues we are having.

1) People, including staff, can not transmit sound or receive sound.
2) Random client lock-ups, where you can no longer change channel and must reconnect to the server to do so.

All of our configuration settings are correct (I'm 100% sure on this - been a Vent admin for almost 10 years)
User permissions are also correct.

So if anyone has any input on the matter, feel free to speak up!

Saturn

Can offer any assistance, but im glad someone mentioned something. I thought i was just me and moved on without it...
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

rocktuff

I need vent to play or I get bored too fast...
Long Live John Elway

Voxpire

Feel free to host your own 8-slot vent for free - it's pretty easy to run your own server.

Angel0178

When I try to log in, the program gets stuck on Contacting Server.

Saturn

Everyone can just give me their phone numbers, and I'll just make the worlds most expensive conference call.
Bring all your gold down to Pandora Supplies! We have everything you're looking for! South West Luna.

rocktuff

I really wish Pandora vent would get up already anyone who know vent should help vorspire out with this problem
Long Live John Elway

Saturn

Don't get to excited. If it ever gets up again im gonna make a recorded advertising for my shop and play it every hour on the hour.

"Pandora Supplies, We'll sell you everything ya need, from birth to the grave, including your grave! Just a quick stroll down in Luna to the south side, where everything is a drop dead bargain!"

8)

rocktuff

any word on if this is working yet I go in everyday but none else ever come in ventrillo
Long Live John Elway

Voxpire

I'm in there right now for anyone who would like to test with me :)

rocktuff

still not working and my guild really wish It would can I recommend contacting the host and simply asking for a new ip for pandoras vent should fix the issue
Long Live John Elway

Voxpire

We don't use 3rd party providers - for your safety - we host our own services on the same machine that the shard runs on.

Vent is not a priority right now and we do not know why it doesn't work.

Like I've said previously, you can run your own Ventrilo or TeamSpeak server for private use with your guild (up to 8 slots free with Vent) - do it on your home computer if you have the bandwidth.

rocktuff

:D no problem I just bought WSF our own vent server so we all good now
Long Live John Elway

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]