Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Changes - December 20th, 2012 - Hot Patch

Started by King Kong, December 20, 2012, 03:29:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Pandora Shard Changes - December 20th, 2012

Notes

- The Save stragedy has been updated and tweaked. You have already noticed faster save times and it is just more efficient all around.

- Fixed the body look for Gargoyles when they use the Necromancer spell Vampiric Embrace.

- Blocked stealing from a creature with more than 2500 max hit points and with it's health above 50%.
*This is the compromise for thieves stealing Pandora Coins and Sea Coins on monsters freely. They still can do so but must have it beaten down below half.

- Pandora Coins and Sea Coins should now drop off their monsters. The issue was that the Coins were Blessed and the monster was holding on to them. :)

- Updated the Client Version Control. You must have a client of 7.0.29 or above or each time you log in you will get a message and kicked one hour later.
*There is a lot of new graphics, artwork, animations, places, etc. That the official shards are making. We stay current with them to make use of it. If someone
has a low client, the game will be extremely buggy and weird for them.

- Blessed Talismans should now drop on the corpses of ceatures when they die. (Similiar issue we were having with Pandora and Sea Coins)

- Curreny (Pandora Coins, Sea Coins, Gold, etc etc) will now show their blessedness.

- Upgraded the server to Framework DOT NET 4.5. We are usually the latest technology with Pandora.

- Again make sure to update you clients.

OTHER NOTES

BOATS

We are actively working on the small boat bugs. Best advice right now is once you place the boat in the water, do not dry dock it any or you will not get back to it the next time you place.
Once you have a new boat, place in water and leave it. If you need to open ocean or mass water to cover, dock off at Moonglow or Ice Island.
We are the only free shard with smooth boat movement. That comes at a lot of work and takes a bit to get perfect.

Would be very easy to go back to old boat systems and working 100%. But we would rather advance the game and need you guys to go along with it.

CHRISTMAS SALE?

In the past couple years we always did a half off donation Christmas sale. This year we decided not too. A couple reasons, 1. We recently had one (last cople months)and now that we had several and did some numbers, though the donation sales are great for spirit, I love doing them & seeing people so happy, in the long run it hurts the server donation costs tremendously. Last month I had to pay the hefty server bill out of my own pocket.

There will probably will not be a half off donation sale for quite some time, if ever. Again they are random.

We can have them more often once normal donations stablize again. I hope this does not prevent anyone from donating.

We work really hard out of passion to build a world and see so many humans and families play on it. We do not do this for a living.
But it takes more hours to do this than our actual real jobs.

Please read the topic I posted the other day labeled "Perspective".

Please remember to vote guys. Vets I know the reward isn't anything to you, but the reward is not the point. We work so hard to do this, all we ask of you is to take 2 minutes each day and vote in Insula. Your votes brings new players. Please, begging you. If everyone voted, we would be #1 no problem, always.

Thank you all again and Merry Christmas. Another year on Pandora Online and thriving. Magic.

Much more coming soon enough.

We love you all.

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

King Kong

Updating software and security on the live box in Dallas, Texas.

Also doing hard reboots and upgrading all drivers.

We always put this off cause it takes awhile and shards have to be offline and we don't like that. But considering its 2-5 AM in most of America, I spur of the moment am doing it.

This helps out lag, connections, etc etc. So it's worth doing.

Please be patient and we will let you know when we are back ONLINE.

Thank you

blindead

You have my word when I say that I will donate once some money starts rolling in this holiday season.

King Kong

Quote from: blindead on December 20, 2012, 05:36:22 AM
You have my word when I say that I will donate once some money starts rolling in this holiday season.

Really appreciate it.

We keep costs, etc private of course. But I will say it's not cheap to run a lag free MMO to people on every continent.

Cyrusmcvale

Thanks for all your dedication King and Vorspire keeping a game i started playing in 1997? going and Current!, Ive played all the newer mmo's and i always find myself back playing UO.

Merry Xmas
Cyrus

Horns Nigel

Yes me too, I plan on making a large donation as well this holiday season, TY again for all you guys do, we really do appreciate it...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

King Kong

I should note that, all coin monsters that were alive in the world when we rebooted are still not dropping.

So kill them all. The new ones will drop.

You might get a couple that don't have the coins on them, but the next time that one spawns there it will

King Kong

Sorry for the couple crashes today folks.

Nothing we did per say, but since we are so up to date on Ultima, some of the other systems are having a hard time registering to new things.

We should get this all worked out within 24 hours. If we crash again I apologize, they are completely random & we are squashing them as they come.

Thank you

Horns Nigel

No problem Kon, we are here to support your efforts...TY again...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

King Kong

Sorry folks, I crashed the shard on purpose just there to fix something.

I have been on the Queen character all day cause my char was crashing us when I logged in, but Vorspire fixed it. Only way for me to start getting the King back was log in, crash & reboot it for his fix to go in.

Apologies.

It really is the end of the world.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman