Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Imbuing

Started by Horns Nigel, September 24, 2013, 05:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Horns Nigel

As Kitti was so nice to point out to me that while I am good at imbuing I am not a good imbuer  ???

Would other please be so kind as to what they would imbue on all garg items, weapon, sheild, tali, glasses and all jewelry for a primary PVM Garg hunter?

All information would be greatly appreciated, I need a list item by item, not sure if posting it on forums is ok  but if not please PM me or direct me to a site that has the info.  TY all...Nigel
Nigel Horns Guild leader and Surgeon (SoP) Seekers of Peace, Pandora UO   
Aligned with D.A.T. That Guild and KoN

Cronk

I dunno gargs and their limitations vs humans/elves, but I can give you a loose idea of the proper way to imbue.  Most notably, just realize what your valuable stats are that you need the most of (hps/stats as pvm), and stack that first everywhere you can fit it. 

*First, figure out the "hard to get capped" things you need, most namely stuff like DCI.  it's hard to get capped so chances are you need that everywhere you can.  ie jewelry.   

*Next, figure out which are less valuable equipment slots, such as clothing.  Put as much "cappable" stuff like LRC & tier bonus xp on clothing as you can.  Why take up a jewelry slot with LRC if you can cap it out on clothing? 

*next, figure out which places are "valuable slots", or slots that take good enchants. Talisman is a perfect example.  you have very few slots to put on a talisman and TONS you can put on it, so what are your most valuable imbues?  What are things you need most as PvM?  ie if you're putting FC/FCR on your talisman you're doing it wrong... jewelry has more room and you can cap out stuff like FC/FCR there, so do it there.  Use your talisman imbues for stuff like HPs/stats and regens.  those are things you need as much as you can get of,especially hps, so load up on them.

*lastly, try to avoid putting anything but slayers and effects on weapons.  DI/ssi/resists are all wasted slots on weapons.  remove them and put them on jewelry or something but don't waste weapon imbues on crap like DI when you can cap that out elsewhere.

Use two resources to figure out before hand whether you should put an imbue in a particular slot:

1) bottom of this breaks down what can go where: http://www.pandorauo.com/wiki/index.php?n=TrainingRoom.ImbuingGuide  I often use ctrl-f to search for "talisman" for example to highlight all the possible options for talismans.

2) caps, which are changing again of course: http://www.pandorauo.com/wiki/index.php?n=PandoraLore.StatAndOtherCaps  Self explanatory... use this to get your caps taken care of on less valuable imbue slots.

good luck man!  Try to get your caps taken care of on your less valuable slots and save your cool slots like quiver and talisman for the stuff you really need!

Electo Jason

As much SDI as possible that will fit.  SDI is capped in PvP but not on PvM.  Hit me up in game we will go over everything you have to maximize it.
WAR "Warcry"   "Commander"
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Horns Nigel

TY Cronk and Jas, I will get a hold of you both tonite, again TY....Nigel

zaxarus

Thanks for pointing to my Imbuing Guide. I wanted to do the same.^^

Maybe another thing:

Sometimes - when you are imbuing a weapon for example (also likes to happen with Talis) - it tells you there's enough room left (rating) for another effect/property. But there is not, cause atm the system shows only clean numbers while in fact they are not.
Example:
Weapon shows 14000/15000 but you are not able to put on another 1 k effect (cause maybe it is 14002 or so). Sometimes you will have to remove one property, add the new one and then re-imbue the removed effect.
I guess this is no real bug. It's just something we cannot see. But annoying it is.^^

Someone made the suggestion to let us see the real actual rating. I support that.

Tys

"My name is my name."

Horns Nigel

Ty Tue, I have noticed that on mine as well...Nigel

Ladibug

I would like to see the real rating as well, so I know what i have room for and what I don't. Frustrating to use imbue mats to make a rune that doesn't fit on the weapon/armor.
I <3 my Soul Family

Voxpire

The rating shown is the true rating.

Something in the code is probably doing something like a <= instead of < or maybe the other way around.
Suffice to say, I did clear up a few bugs and I am considering disabling the maximum rating cap in favour of simply having the count cap. -Imagine the potential of your gear then, to be able to imbue everything at max intensity without having to obey the rating cap? ;) Not set in stone, but I can turn it off and on at the 'flip of a switch'...

Electo Jason

Quote from: Vorspire on September 25, 2013, 04:01:05 PM
The rating shown is the true rating.

Something in the code is probably doing something like a <= instead of < or maybe the other way around.
Suffice to say, I did clear up a few bugs and I am considering disabling the maximum rating cap in favour of simply having the count cap. -Imagine the potential of your gear then, to be able to imbue everything at max intensity without having to obey the rating cap? ;) Not set in stone, but I can turn it off and on at the 'flip of a switch'...

I love this idea I hate being 1 imbue short because of the lack of the room :)
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Horns Nigel

Agreed Vor, that would be sweet.....Nigel

Cronk

yea i've struggled with runes vs rating cap, especially on weapons.  it's hard to tell sometimes if stripping an attribute will free up cap or not.  i removed a random slayer from one and nothing changed, for example. 

also of note: know EXACTLY what's innate in a piece of jewelry and armor, and what's not.  the last thing you want to do is strip something innate or awesome from a unique or craftable and get no extra space out of it.

Horns Nigel

I've done it, and yes it sucks when it happens.....Nigel.   live and learn I guess :o

ChickeN

I have to agree and say I love the sound of Vors idea on count cap vs rating cap.. I to have trouble when my item says I have 1k more room and I try an imbue rated at 1k and it tell me the intendsity is to high for this imbue... makes me crazy.. and Vors you like the mad scientist of UO! +2 to Vors! you da' man!

Electo Jason

I always find myself under imbuing items because I am afraid it wont add up right.

Or having items that were maxed at Tier 3-4 that once I get to tier 5 cant do anything else with.
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Electo Jason

After patch if new players need help imbuing items provide me the mats and I will do it for you.  I know it can be a pain and with material costs where they are at the less fails the better
Sheriff Of Moonglow

SoP "Seekers of Peace"

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]