Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Switch [c back to the way it was

Started by Muffin, August 14, 2010, 06:27:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin

Why? Many reasons.

1. Alot of new players are going to be cutoff from the help that they are in need of, Examples: "Help can someone pls res me in _____"  
          "Hey whats this do?"   Response: "none" Insula is afk and the non-afk'rs dont feel like answering

2. It is now EXTREMLY easy for pk's to make rounds all they have to do is walk in the dungeon entrance hit [c, and bam they know who's down there if anyone.As if The pk's arnt running rampant enough its now become twice as easy for them to make rounds even faster and easier.

3. Its just boring without it...We're a community but a small one still and I for one would like to socialize with it

I cut em short but you get the general gist of it. Please change it back.

Jar Jar

just type [st instead of [c when looking at whos online. Not sure exactly what its meant for but it shows all online players.

Serena Venport

1) Definitely think the global chat (so to speak) helps foster the community and really helps the newbies who don't know what's up.  Fragmenting this isn't the best idea unless there is some sort of global chat i'm just unaware.  [st is for staff it seems

2) Gotta say this would be annoying and make things WAY too easy and would be quite a deterant.

-SV

Klone

You can disable [c and be "hidden" from pkers. Honestly I just disabled chat about a month ago and it has made my gaming experience that much better.

Karzack

Personally, I like global chat.  I think it helps the community as a whole.  If one doesn't like it, then they can disable it.

We could just be in the middle of another change though.

Articus

What actually happened to global chat? Anyone have any info from Kon or Gizmo.

Dleatherus

i'm not a fan of the change in any way at all, but please remember kon and gizmo make changes for a reason that, while it might seem obscure or 'nerfing' to us, is for the benefit of the shard and community in general

hopefully it gets remedied or some replacement is on the way ...

i for one will be disabling [c since there are a few pk's out there who take distinct pleasure in making sure my head and my body are no longer joined :-)

will miss the community aspect of [c

Serena Venport

Articus, it's regional now...meaning only those in chat for the area you're in will "hear" you, similar to how WoW has chat setup (aka barrens chat).  It's VERY useful to see who is in a zone.

-SV

tweekzz

even if you dont fix chat.... FIX TRADE!!!!!!!! WHATS A TRADE CHANNEL IF IT ONLY BROADCASTS TO WHERE YOU ARE? lol. ppl other places might want my rough stones. that cant hear me in insula lol.

tweekzz

and alliance chat  :D

Jaxtron

I have to agree, I don't really care for the region chat.  I don't do a lot of chatting but with the limited number of people playing, I don't feel so alone with others taking in [c.

Yea, I am sure it was done for a reason and it may be a great reason eventually but now, it sure is quiet...

pskarren

maybe they got tired of hearing shady whine after every fight he lost...

maybe to stimulate pvp...
maybe he dont like lawful people..
maybe to stimulate more people posting on fourms buy/sell

i liked the global here..

draco

why change the chat system??? with this new one is like being alone, you can't even see trade chat.
You All Know Me "MoeMoe"
Something To Say.. And Not All Good.
"Remember MoeMoe Got The Color Dyes For The Right Price"

Jar Jar

I totally disagree with yall. Ive just been told why i think staff have done this.

Everyone go onto your char and type -ping. since the chat system change my ping and lag is half of what it was. i used to average around 370 ping at all times, now im down to 250!

Imo its a brilliant change, ppl should use forums/vendors for selling their items. Maybe designate an area in a fel town where ppl can put what items they are selling in their pack for buyers to snoop and make offers?

Also seems to be promoting more guilds/alliances so ppl can still chat to others they need to.

Jar jars 2 cents ;)

draco

ok i understand why they did it ... but what about ppl like me i don't like guilds.. n they r forcing me to join one .. witch i think is not right..cuz it be like i said before. u r alone in the server without the world chat.
You All Know Me "MoeMoe"
Something To Say.. And Not All Good.
"Remember MoeMoe Got The Color Dyes For The Right Price"

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]