Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Gargoyle Gear

Started by William Darkage, March 06, 2011, 11:27:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

William Darkage

( I wasn't sure where to post this, if its not in the proper section can someone move it please)

Hello everyone, first let me say that i haven't joined very long ago but so far i really enjoy playing here. I started my player as a gargoyle because i was curious, hadn't played UO in a while and all this new stuff seemed very appealing to me, as im sure it has for many other people. I was a little disapointed as to how much more difficult it is for gargoyles to acquire decent gear compared to someone playing as a human. I don't really mind about that since i like a little challenge, otherwise i would just get bored and loose interest.

By reading on the forums i have found that there are some human stuff that when worn by a gargoyle transfer to gargoyle gear. Here's what i found so far.

WEAPONS:

-- Daisho
-- Tekagi
-- Tessen
-- Lance
-- Pike
-- Scythe
-- Maul
-- WarHammer
-- Cleaver
-- War Fork
-- Kryss
-- Katana
-- Gnarled Staff
-- Butcher Knife
-- Battle Axe
-- Axe

Artifact Weapons:

-- Titan's Hammer (Doom)
-- The Task Master (Doom)
-- The Dragon Slayer (Doom)
-- The Beserker's Maul (Doom)
-- Legacy of the Dread Lord (Doom)
-- Blade of Insanity (Doom)
-- Serpents Fang (Doom)
-- Cold Blood (Paragons)
-- Luna Lance (Paragons)
-- NightsKiss (Paragons)
-- Wrath Of The Dryad (Paragons)
-- Brave Knight Of The Britannia (Champions)
-- Oblivian Needle (Champions)
-- Fang of Ractus (Champions)
-- Pacify (Champions)
-- Quell (Champions)
-- Subdue (Champions)
-- Dreads Revenge (ML Minor)
-- Eternal Guardian Staff (SA)
-- Pilfered Dancer Fans (Lesser ToT)
-- Swords Of Prosperity (Greater ToT)
-- Winds Edge (Greater ToT)

Now what i was wondering is are there any other stuff im not aware of? some armor parts? some clothing pieces? Because the way i see it, gargoyle gear isn't harder to get but they can also get less (good) pieces equiped.

What do i mean by that? Well first, i can compare the armor gargoyle have one more armor slot than humans ( 7 vs 6 for humans) but after reading on stratics, i've seen that there's pretty much only 3 slots that gargoyles have artifacts for: chest, legs, arms. I believe humans have avalaible artifacts for all 6 slots. Then again not so bad cause some crafted armor can be better than artifacts.

So if we do the total right now Gargoyles can have 7 pieces of armor + 3 pieces of jewelery (counting the necklace in the armor) and Humans can have 6 pieces of armor + 3 pieces of jewelery. That makes 10 pieces for Gargoyles and 9 for humans.

I can now see people telling me im contradicting myself, that gargoyles can equip more pieces than humans... Not really considering from what i saw humans also have INCREDIBLE pieces of clothing while gargoyles have well, pretty much none. So far, by looking ingame, on the forums, on stratics i haven't seen a single decent piece of gargoyle clothing. While humans have robes, sash, quivers, half apron. (I'll assume a sash and a half apron can be worn at the same time) This means a human could have a robe with stats such robe of the sea (awesome robe but i dont see it for gargoyles, awesome half aprons (tangle, crimson cinture) also not avalaible for gagoyles, and a sash/quiver. From what i've seen gargoyles only have some robes with stats and they're not particularly good. So that would make 11 pieces for gargoyles vs 12 pieces for humans.

As i've read on the forums it's all about balance, so what i was wondering is are there other stuff that gets converted when worn by gargoyles, especially wondering about clothing, any robes? half apron? I personally think the clothing should be avalaible to both (not all but certain pieces so that the balance is maintained and both races can wear the same amount of pieces)

Well thanks to anyone who had the patience to read it till the end hehe, didn't realize my post turned out this long. I would appreciate some feedbacks on this by either people playing as a gargoyle / human or even staff if they feel like it :)

William Darkage

PS. i dont want this to be considered just a new player who complains, it's more someone who noticed stuff and gave his opinion on the matter.  Like i said before i like this server and i will continue to play no matter what people think of my post. I'm mostly wondering if i might've missed something, considering im new, there might be some pieces that i think gargoyles dont have that actually are out there.

Ely

I know this wont awnser you question, but with imbuing you can create srmour parts far more power full than the doom arties.  Like you pointed out gargs are short of items simular to cromson/tangle ect.

Im sure Kon will read your post and cast his eye over the balance of human and garg arties/marties, I bet its already on his todo list.

Arkhan

With imbuing, you can slowly create a perfect suit for your Gargoyle.

I did this on OSI around launch time.  Took forever to get to 120 imbuing but man, once you get to sit and play Admin with your gear, it is worth it.

You can literally set it up so everything fits together like a perfect puzzle.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]

Saying Hello by Roxxorman