Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

[grab options command (suggestion)

Started by Wik, April 05, 2010, 07:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wik

Heya,

Thanks for that awesome shard ! :)

I was wondering if a [grab options command could be added to the game. Right now, if you use it, it only seems to grab gold and not items... so everything on the corpses is wasted if you use the command before checking.

On my last shard, we could type [grab options and it would bring up a window with options, letting you choose what you want to pick up from monsters. This way, you don't have to click all the corpses.

This of course don't work in pvp or on player corpses.

I think a lot of shards use this and its seriously awesome.

Thanks again!

Keeshi

This sounds allot like the last server I played on.  I liked it because it would skin the corpses too, and would make harvesting leather easy(you still had to use scissors on them but thats okay :D)

Deadmau5

Also since [grab seems the most useful at champ spawns do you think it might be possible to exclude the spawn champions themselves from this command?  Many people see piles of gold just drop on the ground and instantly start to [grab but this makes the boss loot useless since you don't get to look at it ever.

Abe

This would be EXTREMELY helpful, especially when I am harvesting feathers.

I also loot scrolls, regs, and jewels and dragging that stuff is a pain!  :D

Keevanar

I agree whit others now looting is a pain in the ***.You have to get all stuff out of the mobs manualy and some all grab command or whit some option for the grab whould be really cool and helpfull

Abe

Also because the grab commands does not work when near players which would prevent others from mass looting your kills, correct?

Keevanar

Yeah kinda but now its really annoying the grab only picks up half coin its worst than not having it :S

Abe

Ah yeah. the [grab option command sounds cool. Pick up 100% gold, plus select items (regs, feathers, etc., etc.).

That would make killing slimes and lizardmen totally worth it.

Abe

Any chance of this?

I believe Kalden (sp?) mentioned that [grab prob wouldn't change.

Keevanar

Maybe it would not balace it that out cuz it would be easy to get the money and stuff quickly.Maybe later when there will be new bigger spawms it will be changed...

Abe

I see it more of a convenience issue than a balance issue. It's tiresome dragging stuff off open corpses. And since you can't do it near players, I don't see an issue.

Wik

It's not a balance issue at all, everyone can use it, and you can use it the way you want if the options are customizable.

All games now have some kind of auto-loot of quick loot option... it's to the player to decide if he wants to use it or not. Dragging tiny objects in UO has always been a bit of pain, and even more now, 10 years later, since we are all used to better loot systems from other games.

The system have been very well developed and prevent any kind of abuse so most shards use it. It's really just a tool for convenience. You cannot use it near another player, so there is no possible loot steal or stuff like that. You have to be in a party with a player to be able to use it near that player.

You kinda get overloaded quick if you try to auto-loot too much stuff anyway...so you have to be smart about it.

For my part, I really got used to it from other shards and loved it. I usually open all corpse and check whats on them before I use... if there is nothing new or shiny on corpse I auto-grab and done.

It's really something I'm missing and would totally not mind at all if it would only get half the gold... as long as you have the option to loot items too.

I can see how it could be taken for laziness... but it's not. I'm older and dragging rings, gems and other tiny items makes my eyes bleed! hehe

Abe

You also can't grab from other players kills (at least in Trammel).

I hope its implemented.

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]