Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

UO Automap?

Started by Stein, April 11, 2010, 10:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stein

So I've got UOAM loaded and I could have sworn I saw something about a UOAM server in the forums here but I sure can't find it now.  Is there a UOAM server?  Is UOAM still a goo dprogram to use for mapping at all, is there a better one now?  Thanks!

Dleatherus

i couldn't get UOAM to work, so i use the positioning system that comes with razor, though it doesn't have all the maps updated it seems ... at least you cann track your party members etc

somebody mentioned UO Cartographer but i haven't looked at it personnally

pskarren@yahoo.com

uocartographer.com its better

Razzyl

I have been using UOAM and it works great just like it always has

dg_w

Been using uocartographer, work well

Download he .MAP files from here and just put them in the uocartographer directory ..

http://uogaddict.com/maps.html

Works great ... I believe uoam has not been supported / updated since 2007

Oldhead

Unable to get uocartographer to work at this point with razor. I installed it, added the .map files to the directory. But when I run it I get error messages saying couldn't find the .mul files or facet file. Could use some help on this.

Rippster

Quote from: "dg_w"Been using uocartographer, work well

Download he .MAP files from here and just put them in the uocartographer directory ..

http://uogaddict.com/maps.html

Works great ... I believe uoam has not been supported / updated since 2007

I thought it built out the maps automatically? Do we really have to add the maps manually?

Rippster

Quote from: "Oldhead"Unable to get uocartographer to work at this point with razor. I installed it, added the .map files to the directory. But when I run it I get error messages saying couldn't find the .mul files or facet file. Could use some help on this.

I answered my own previous question, yes you do need the maps.

Did you get yours to work? If you right-click on the map and go to options, you have to redirect to wherever you put those files. I finally got mine working.

However, I have a question for anyone that knows. With Cartographer, it says you need UOAssist to get it to track you, is that true? I might give UOAM a try but only if I can't get Cartographer to work like UOAM did.

Maelstrom

I tried UO Cart. a few times and no matter what directory I point the file to, every time I move in the game, Cart updates me on the wrong continent.

Even if I right click on the map, go to Facet and choose Ter Mur (that's where I am), the map changes, and shows me at the correct location, but when I move, poof, the map jumps back to Trammel again.  So annoying.  I downloaded the maps and put them in the UO Cart. folder.  That didn't seem to do much.

Any ideas?

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]