Main Menu
Welcome Guest.
Please log in.

Rough stones & imbuing

Started by Jar Jar, April 25, 2010, 08:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jar Jar

Howdy :)

I know the drop rate of rough stones has been considerably increased since they were implemented, but it just seems they are still a very rare drop. I know that is the whole idea, that they dont flood th shard, i was just curious if there was any chance of maybe a temporary small increase that staff could monitor for a day or 2? just to make sure it wasnt too much? I just got my first stone after about a week of mining and broke it straight away with gm inscription, 115 eval and 115 magery :(  I like the fact that they are rare, but with 3 chances of destroying them + a chance of destroying your item maybe it is too rare?

Other question i have is ive noticed atm artifacts cant be imbued, is this going to change at all in the future? Maybe they could be more easily destroyed when enhancing?

Note to everyone who uses rough stones, from what ive gathered is you can only add mods to items that can already get those mods, i.e you cant add fc/fcr or sdi to armour, and you cant add things like damage inc, mr and mana inc to jewels. I lost 2 stones trying to add mods to items that couldnt take them so thought id let yall know. If anyone else knows what mods can be added to what items maybe post here? cheers

King Kong

Sorry Jerry, I like the rough stones being very rare. To add spell channeling to a already awesome needs to be worked for. If it gets the point of impossible I will make adjustments. But rough stones are good for players & economy being very rare.

And artifacts are already powerful without being imbued. Some would make it OP

Long Live the King... So please vote everyday. Cause I want to live.

Jar Jar

I understand fair enough :)

Any chance in reducing the destruction chances? ive used 5 stones so far and havent had 1 enhanced item as of yet, they were all destoyed in the process..

And ive been looking for info on this style of imbuing but cant seem to find any.. You guys know a website that has info at all? just have questions about it like:

-Can you enhance items past their normal cap range? like say a normal ring with 1/3 fc, fcr could this be enhanced to 2/3 or 1/4? or a 15hci neck to a 20 hci neck?
-Is it harder to enhance an item with 5 mods already than it is to enhance an item with 2? Or harder to enhance an item with higher intensity already than lower?
-Just an idea on the chances of destruction of the stone/rune and item?

Just curious about these questions because its hard to find a good price for selling/buying the stones ingame when you dont know the chances and possibilities of them.

Thanks kon :)

Scratch

I too would like to see the drop rate increased and maybe lower the success chance some. The idea being that players have something to do with all the loot they have been collecting other than selling it. OSI had a great idea when they added imbuing to use other loot as ingredients. It's kinda like saying you can trade in those 30 decent bracelets for 1 very good bracelet. It would also give people broader loot options other than having 1 specific artie being the best for that slot/spec. Anyways, just my thoughts. I have a lot of fun here either way.

As for your questions, I can help out a bit.

QuoteCan you enhance items past their normal cap range? like say a normal ring with 1/3 fc, fcr could this be enhanced to 2/3 or 1/4? or a 15hci neck to a 20 hci neck?
All the imbue caps and range are same as on OSI, based on http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=30739 ,though it is possible to go slightly over. For example: The cap for FCR is 3 and you have a ring with FCR 2 on it. The imbue will add 1-2 FCR, making it possible to hit 4 FCR.

Quote-Is it harder to enhance an item with 5 mods already than it is to enhance an item with 2? Or harder to enhance an item with higher intensity already than lower?
Nah, same chance no matter how many mods or their intensities.

Quote-Just an idea on the chances of destruction of the stone/rune and item?
I can't remember the equation used to determine if the rune will shatter but it's based on your magery and inscription. The chances for the item to break depend on the mod. Spell Chan. being one of the lowest is at 33%, most of the others are around 50%, the resist mods are the highest at around 66%.

Jar Jar

Ahh nice scratch thanks for the reply mate :)

Thats good to know about some of the mod imbuing, i wasnt sure that it was just useless trying to add more faster casting to a 1/3 ring or not. Didnt know if it was just gonna break automatically because of any cap there is. cheers mate

Dleatherus

awesome info guys ... i've mined 6 stones so far, used 3, broke 1 item ... i have been afk mining for the last 3 days straight and not found 1 stone!!!

i'm an old impatient bugger by nature, and despite hating the miserable drop rate, i like the fact they are so rare given that you can afk mine on the server ... otherwise we'd all have rough stones, all have uber gear, and all of a sudden it's not uber anymore becos everybody has it, and we're back to square 1

Scratch

QuoteThats good to know about some of the mod imbuing, i wasnt sure that it was just useless trying to add more faster casting to a 1/3 ring or not. Didnt know if it was just gonna break automatically because of any cap there is. cheers mate

It should not break the rune if you reach the cap, it should only give a message that you can't imbue it. Maybe Anzar can take a look at the script and see if it's working properly.

Also just to clarify to Dleatherus what I was saying, I'd like the stones to drop more often but the success chance be a lot lower. Instead of a player spending 20 hours mining, they would spend 20 hours killing mobs looking for decent stuff to try to imbue.

For example, have the "Spell Chan" mod set to around 3% or 4% success. It would take roughly 25-33 items breaking before 1 was successful. So a player would spend a lot more time looking for decent items to imbue versus afk mining. To find 25-33 weapons that are good but just missing the "Spell Chan" mod to be perfect could take several months, but that time would be spent playing the game versus afk mining.

Jar Jar

Ah i what you mean by lower chance of success scratch, not a bad idea..  Although i must admit im at the opposite end lol, i think rare stone drop is good, and maybe even chances of destroying the stone are good atm, just less of a chance at destroying your item i was thinking. I mean because the stones are so rare and expensive, your only gonna ever use em on the really nice items you have.

My problem was that from what ive seen in uo,you cant get inscription ps's at all from anywhere so the max inscript you can get is gm (maybe a talisman helps?) and with my gm inscription and 115 magery and eval int ive still failed on all 5 stones ive used. I just though with the rarity of the drop and the rate of failure on the first 3 steps of crafting the rune maybe the last step of actually imbuing the item could be increased a tad? I understand why the whole process is so rare, i think its a good idea, just my 2 cents really :)     well my 8 cents now i spose after my other 3 posts  :|

Scratch

Yeah, I definitely want the runes to be a rare coveted item. I just don't like the idea of having to afk mine several days versus playing the game. Maybe we could get the runes added as Named Monster drops or have the runes on a vendor for a pretty high price. If they were on a vendor this would still encourage people to go out and kill mobs as they would need gold and items to sell to buy the runes.

Dleatherus

couple of other questions:

i heard that a gargoyle has a better chance of mining up a rough stone ... what is the percentage compared to a human or an elf mining

does a gargoyle have a better success chance at imbuing with a rough stone

does where you mine influence the chance of digging up a stone ie. if i mine the same rough area every day is there a 'respawn' rate, or should i mine a totally different area every day?

thnx

Scratch

Quotecouple of other questions:

i heard that a gargoyle has a better chance of mining up a rough stone ... what is the percentage compared to a human or an elf mining

does a gargoyle have a better success chance at imbuing with a rough stone

does where you mine influence the chance of digging up a stone ie. if i mine the same rough area every day is there a 'respawn' rate, or should i mine a totally different area every day?

1. Same

2. Nope

3. Nope

correct to the first part, i remember kon saying in game that gargoyles do have a very Very VERY minute increase in chance of getting a rough stone over a human or elf, something like .01%

Dleatherus

ah .. not even worth worrying about then ... wos gonna roll a garg miner if it wos significant

many thanks for the replies

Pandora's New Global Chat

Updates & Events

White Walker Invasion Event by Miki McNaughty
[June 03, 2020, 03:52:32 AM]

Community

Need help please by Konan
[October 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM]

Hi there, Im Coragin, my intro and a couple questions. by Coragin
[May 31, 2022, 01:16:13 AM]

Looking For Guild by Lovemachine100111
[May 06, 2022, 11:01:22 AM]